No announcement yet.

Hoosiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father's day was very sweet this year, 3 generations of Halls skied for first time in about 18 years since I was the youngest.
    Attached Files
    76 S&S

Comment

Well done!

Comment

I'm a Hoosier by adoption, or by tuition payments at least. I lived in Fishers and miss living 7 minutes from the Geist ramp for good week-night runs. I'm now in Cincy and 35 minutes from the lake here.

Comment

Thanks Homer.
          76 S&S

Comment

That's awesome! Boat looks great too!! Jealous....haven't been able to ski yet.

2002 X7 (Current)

1988 Tristar 190 Open Bow (Old)

Comment

If only geist and Morse weren't so expensive to drop in on. 30 bucks on a weekend is nuts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
              1999 Maristar 230 VRS

Comment

My neighbor used to get a yearly pass for Geist because she knew the owner, but she hasn't been able to get them any longer. She was told they quit doing it because they were loosing too much money

2002 X7 (Current)

Comment

Originally posted by fstaslp View Post
                  If only geist and Morse weren't so expensive to drop in on. 30 bucks on a weekend is nuts.

Yeah, it's BS. and the old guy that's always taking your money in the golf cart acted like uh we're not supposed to take credit cards after 6 on the weekdays the other day (I was there about 7) and that was a big deal that he "helped" me out and took it anyway. I'm curious to know who runs that and how they get the rights to control all traffic on and off the lake.

Anybody ever put in on White River?

Comment

I put in on the white river in broad ripple. I wouldn't recommend it, however if you do with your boat I'll go for a ride.

I did it two years ago and the shallow bottom was no fun trying to navigate.
                    1999 Maristar 230 VRS

Comment

Originally posted by homer12 View Post
                      Yeah, it's BS. and the old guy that's always taking your money in the golf cart acted like uh we're not supposed to take credit cards after 6 on the weekdays the other day (I was there about 7) and that was a big deal that he "helped" me out and took it anyway. I'm curious to know who runs that and how they get the rights to control all traffic on and off the lake.

Anybody ever put in on White River?
                      They take credit cards?? I've never asked, but there have been a few times I could used it!

2002 X7 (Current)

Comment

Credit Card is good to know.
                        1999 Maristar 230 VRS

Comment

I've got friends that put their fishing boats in there all the time and one of them keeps trying to get me to put in there to ride. How did you know and navigate the shallow spots and stumps that I'm sure are in there? As I understand there is probably just a strip maybe 1/2 a mile you can take passes on.

I put in on the white river in broad ripple. I wouldn't recommend it, however if you do with your boat I'll go for a ride.

I did it two years ago and the shallow bottom was no fun trying to navigate.

Comment

trial by error.
                            1999 Maristar 230 VRS

Comment

trial by error.
                              Ouch! Any damage done?

Comment

I agree! $30 for the WHOLE weekend would be more like it.

The real kicker is, when we went to Dale Hollow, it was $5 to put your boat in. I was told it's the same at any of the marinas on that lake.
                                $5 to put in that nice big clean lake makes coming back here and paying $30 to put in what looks like a mud hole, very difficult. But, I live here not there.
                                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X