No announcement yet.

Hoosiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're staying local this weekend and hitting the cesspool of Geist. Hoping to get back up north next weekend.

2002 X7 (Current)

1988 Tristar 190 Open Bow (Old)

Comment

Originally posted by Sotipnomon View Post
      Who's headed where this weekend? I'm headed to the tail of the dragon with my other toy.
      Heading to Lake Michigan this weekend. Old college buddy has a 40' Carver we are gonna hang out on.
      If for some reason you start to believe you are a person with influence, just try ordering somebody else's dog around.

Comment

Nowhere this weekend. We are getting ready to leave next Friday for a week on Douglas Lake in Tennessee.
        "In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory."

Six in, Six out.

Comment

Headed up tomorrow. Need to get some swimming in before my Tri next weekend. Fletch I think you drove by last week in a Black MC, what gives...one yellow, one black...flavor of the day???

BBYMGR: Heard I missed a good show over the fourth! Sounds like the lakes had dueling firework displays!

Comment

Originally posted by Barefooter92 View Post
            Headed up tomorrow. Need to get some swimming in before my Tri next weekend. Fletch I think you drove by last week in a Black MC, what gives...one yellow, one black...flavor of the day???

BBYMGR: Heard I missed a good show over the fourth! Sounds like the lakes had dueling firework displays!
            That was very interesting. The other display was better than the lake display. It was a grand finale that lasted at least 30 minutes.
            "In conflict, straightforward actions generally lead to engagement, surprising actions generally lead to victory."

Six in, Six out.

Comment

Just returned from TN, where I picked up a 2001 ProStar 209... Looking forward to hitting the water in Northern Indiana this week for a little fun with the kids!
              NESBA "A" #719
              STT "A" #719

On the Road Less Traveled...
              sigpic
              ...You Always Meet More Interesting People

Comment

Originally posted by Barefooter92 View Post

I only wish it was the flavor of the day! Although, I was at the dealer this weekend trying very hard to not fall in love with an X-14.

Was it me or my brother?? We were up there for the weekend of the 4th with both boats. The black 209 sitting on the lift is my dad/brother's. From a distance, we look similar....bald heads

2002 X7 (Current)

1988 Tristar 190 Open Bow (Old)

Comment

I didn't get out this weekend, but going down to Monroe Friday for some camping and water time with friends.

Comment

Planning to hit Lake Monroe on Sunday for the first time in our new (to us) MC 209.

Looking forward to spending the day on the water with the family!
                    NESBA "A" #719
                    STT "A" #719

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleThreat View Post
                      Planning to hit Lake Monroe on Sunday for the first time in our new (to us) MC 209.

Looking forward to spending the day on the water with the family!
                      Hope you have a good time on your new boat! Is this the first time out or the first time out on Monroe?

We WERE planning on going to the Brickyard 400 (had 4 free tickets n the outside of turn 1!) but plans changed this morning at 2am when I started having serious back problems. I think I ruptured a disc during our Dale Hollow trip and the pain went off the scale this am. Took an ambulance ride to Riverview at 7 am and now I'm spending at least the night here tonight. On the morphine pump awaiting the news on what we are going to do to fix the problem. :-(

The other bad news is I think my trans is slipping in my 209. Double :-(
                      Jeff

Comment

• Originally posted by JDC View Post
                        Hope you have a good time on your new boat! Is this the first time out or the first time out on Monroe?

We WERE planning on going to the Brickyard 400 (had 4 free tickets n the outside of turn 1!) but plans changed this morning at 2am when I started having serious back problems. I think I ruptured a disc during our Dale Hollow trip and the pain went off the scale this am. Took an ambulance ride to Riverview at 7 am and now I'm spending at least the night here tonight. On the morphine pump awaiting the news on what we are going to do to fix the problem. :-(

The other bad news is I think my trans is slipping in my 209. Double :-(
                        JDC - sorry to hear about the back problems. Hope things turn out well for you. Saturday night at Riverview - fun..

Comment

• Originally posted by JDC View Post
                          Just the first time out on Monroe. We spent a week in Northern Indiana breaking ourselves into the new boat!

Having a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
                          NESBA "A" #719
                          STT "A" #719

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripleThreat View Post
                            Just the first time out on Monroe. We spent a week in Northern Indiana breaking ourselves into the new boat!

Having a blast!
                            I'm interested in hearing about your experience on that water. I've never been there, but I hear from local folks that it's too choppy to do much of anything besides tube (gasp!) on the weekends.

to a fellow 209 owner.
                            Jeff

Comment

• The lake was pretty choppy. In fact, we had a couple of times today where we were either stopped or were idling in some of the rougher water, had most of the weight in the front of the boat, and took a couple of waves over the bow.

Since our girls (13 and 11) are just getting used to being behind the boat, all we did was tube (gasp). I need to find a set of skis with small bindings for them to learn on and a wakeboard as well, but we will probably wait until the off season to pick some up on sale and will likely just spend the rest of this season tubing with them.

The Southwest corner of the lake, near the dam is the calmest part of the lake and you could find some water there to wakeboard or ski if the traffic isn't too bad, even on the weekend. The main body of the lake is pretty wide and the wind keeps everything pretty stirred up from the traffic.

We live close enough to the lake that we will be able to run down in the late afternoon and early evening through the week, so we will probably try to avoid the weekends as much as possible.

This was our first chance to take the boat out down here, so we didn't want to pass it up. I felt like it did a decent job of handling the chop, but I'm looking forward to getting out on the lake through the week when no one is around.
                              NESBA "A" #719
                              STT "A" #719

sigpic

Comment

• Went to the Lake James Antique Boat Show on Saturday. Saw a really nice 32' Hacker once owned by Kurt Bush and for sale at a bargain price of $125K!

Comment

Working...
                                X