Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homer12
    replied
    TripleThreat was pretty right on. Skiing on the weekends is only good first thing in the morning and then sometimes right before sunset if it isn't windy. I hate travelling across it with kids in my 89 Tristar in the middle of the day because it beats my flat bottom boat to hell!

Leave a comment:

• TripleThreat
    replied
    PM Sent... but I'll share the contents here for others as well...

Monroe is HUGE! Lots of chop anytime the wind is blowing... The southwest corner of the lake, past the spillway, down towards the dam, and down by Eagle Point Resort and condominiums is the best place to ski and board as it is the most narrow and protected portion of the lake. Weekdays, the place is deserted and it's like having the entire lake to yourself. Weekends can get really rough when the big boats come down from Indy.

Avoid the 4th of July, as the place is insanely busy for the holiday and you won't be able to ski or board.

There are some good places to just drop anchor and hang out when it gets rough and the northeast end of the lake, past the causeway, is a huge idle zone.

The party cove is the cove that leads back to Allens Creek.

Pull up a Google Map of the lake, and you'll see what I mean.

Eagle Point has a nice golf course, if you are into that as well.

The marina is nice and there is a nice restaurant there too... Ton's of places to eat in Bloomington as well. Also a lot of microbreweries to chose from. Upland and Lennie's are two of my favorites. Janko's Little Zagreb is the best place to go for steak... Little hole in the wall place with red and white checkered table cloths, a bit on the pricey side, but incredible steak!

Make sure you hit up Brewster's Ice Cream at the corner of 446 and 46 as you come into Bloomington from the lake.

Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Swibby69
    replied
    any of you been to lake monroe? and to that fourwinds resort/marina? how is it? and has is the lake for skiing during the week in july? thinking about a family road trip from ohio with the boat to this place possibly. the lodge looks nice. and lake looks good size.

thx!

Leave a comment:

• TripleThreat
    replied
    Agreed.

The website is terrible. Just didn't know if you had their address and phone number.

I understand that they are great folks and do awesome work. I'm very happy with the quality of their work.

Leave a comment:

• Barefooter92
    replied
    Originally posted by TripleThreat View Post
    Previous owner had it done... Therefore, I don't have any info on price, vs. final cost or warranty, but I'm very happy with it. It was a deciding factor in purchasing the boat for me.

Here is their website...

http://vipercustoms.com

Quality is awesome and I expect it to last me at least 10 years with proper care. They are located not too far from the MasterCraft factory and I believe that they have even done some repair work for the factory from time to time.
    I have been on viper customs web site before and very disappointed as there is one boat and no information other than address and phone number. Their finish product speaks for itself they need to upgrade their web site.

Leave a comment:

• TripleThreat
    replied
    Just noticed that my pictures of the sea plane i put in the post above don't show up when I view this thread from my computer, but when I view it from my iPhone via the TapaTalk App, they show up fine... Weird...

Leave a comment:

• TripleThreat
    replied
    Originally posted by Barefooter92 View Post
    Very nice! How far of a drive is Viper from here? How was the estimate vs final cost? reasonable and how long do you expect it to last, any warranty?
    Previous owner had it done... Therefore, I don't have any info on price, vs. final cost or warranty, but I'm very happy with it. It was a deciding factor in purchasing the boat for me.

Here is their website...

http://vipercustoms.com

Quality is awesome and I expect it to last me at least 10 years with proper care. They are located not too far from the MasterCraft factory and I believe that they have even done some repair work for the factory from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• Barefooter92
    replied
    Originally posted by TripleThreat View Post
    Thanks... Viper Customs!
    Very nice! How far of a drive is Viper from here? How was the estimate vs final cost? reasonable and how long do you expect it to last, any warranty?

Leave a comment:

• TripleThreat
    replied
    Hoosiers

Out on Lake Monroe tonight pulling my nephew on a wake skate and we were treated to a bit of an unusual site...

A sea plane doing practice landings and take offs...

Pretty cool!

Leave a comment:

• Fletchx7
    replied
    I hear ya.....we're in the same situation. Had a day with the 4 yr old and no baby. I couldn't remember how much fuel was in the boat yesterday, so I filled up....it took $12 before it spit at me. I bet we didn't burn 5 gallons yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• fstaslp
    replied
    Yeah we went straight to the south side of the lake and stayed in a cove. It was busy, but hadn't been out due to the new baby, so we had to take advantage of the chance.

Leave a comment:

• Fletchx7
    replied
    I was.....but we pulled out at 3. I was at B-dubs when you posted this. Seemed like there were more idiots out than usual yesterday. Maybe it was just me...

Leave a comment:

• fstaslp
    replied
    Out on geist. Anyone out here?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Leave a comment:

• TripleThreat
    replied
    Originally posted by homer12 View Post
    Triple threat, that's the best on Monroe! Weekdays are key there.
    BTW, I love the interior on your boat
    Thanks... Viper Customs!

Leave a comment:

• homer12
    replied
    Triple threat, that's the best on Monroe! Weekdays are key there.
    BTW, I love the interior on your boat

Leave a comment:

Working...
X