4th of July on the Lake NE Ohio Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th of July on the Lake NE Ohio Area

My family relocated to Akron from Northern California in March and I'm looking forward to getting my boat out on the water soon. For over 7 years we would rent a cabin on Donner lake for the Fourth of July and they had traditional family games, BBQ and live bands during the day and then an awesome fireworks show. Does any one have any recommendations for a good lake within 4 hours of Akron that has something similar? I've heard portage lakes has a good party, but seems mainly like a pontoon lake.

I would suggest Lake James in Angola Indiana...they usually have a good party and fireworks!

Comment

Originally posted by btmswhite View Post
      My family relocated to Akron from Northern California in March and I'm looking forward to getting my boat out on the water soon. For over 7 years we would rent a cabin on Donner lake for the Fourth of July and they had traditional family games, BBQ and live bands during the day and then an awesome fireworks show. Does any one have any recommendations for a good lake within 4 hours of Akron that has something similar? I've heard portage lakes has a good party, but seems mainly like a pontoon lake.
      Portage lakes is a combination pontoon lake and has two speed/ski areas depending on the time of day. Its an awesome fireworks show and a group of ski boat types try to go every year. You can spend the day cruising, eating and swimming, and of course try some water sports activities, and then anchor up for the fireworks. I like to make it up there mid day. I can provide more info..

As for other lakes around, but not for the 4th, what have you heard about and where abouts in Akron are you?

Up here in these parts we have the UCLA group (Upper Canton Lower Akron) and hit Berlin Lake, Westbranch Lake, Portage Lakes, a few hit Milton (small) and we also head South 1.5 hours and hit Salt Fork with big areas, and Boaters Beach.

I see you have an X-Star so not sure what your in to. We have a great group up here and in Columbus. The UCLA group has early barefooting and we also have the Buckeye Bash event in Columbus that is going on 7 years now. Click the link in my signature.

Welcome to the area. You have many options and I can help where needed.
      If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
      1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

I'm not aware of anywhere like that for Fireworks except the above mentioned Portage Lakes. 4 hours is a pretty big range, so I'm sure somebody will have a good suggestion.

Double D hit most the local spots already. West Branch is our local lake, so if you want, I'm more than happy to meet you there and show you around.

Welcome to the area. There is a great ski/wb scene here.

Comment

Thanks for the info. We did check out west branch and Berlin before we moved and they seem like Great Lakes. I took my boat over to boat house marine in roots town last week and I hope to get it back next week.

I like to wake surf, but its been tough to keep my daughters off the tube. Hoping to get them into wakeboarding and surfing this season. Need to break that cycle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

2nd lake james indiana

Comment

Sandusky Bay has Cedar Point fireworks and sandbar for daytime activities.

Comment

Originally posted by Dd24skater View Post
                Sandusky Bay has Cedar Point fireworks and sandbar for daytime activities.
                Lake Erie, great water as long as the wind is 5 knots or less.
                it's always sunny in the islands.
                https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
                1988 prostar 190 SOLD
                2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Double D View Post
                  Portage lakes is a combination pontoon lake and has two speed/ski areas depending on the time of day. Its an awesome fireworks show and a group of ski boat types try to go every year. You can spend the day cruising, eating and swimming, and of course try some water sports activities, and then anchor up for the fireworks. I like to make it up there mid day. I can provide more info..

As for other lakes around, but not for the 4th, what have you heard about and where abouts in Akron are you?

Up here in these parts we have the UCLA group (Upper Canton Lower Akron) and hit Berlin Lake, Westbranch Lake, Portage Lakes, a few hit Milton (small) and we also head South 1.5 hours and hit Salt Fork with big areas, and Boaters Beach.

I see you have an X-Star so not sure what your in to. We have a great group up here and in Columbus. The UCLA group has early barefooting and we also have the Buckeye Bash event in Columbus that is going on 7 years now. Click the link in my signature.

Welcome to the area. You have many options and I can help where needed.
                  It's called Barefoot Saturday!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                  2004 Yellow X7

Comment

Originally posted by btmswhite View Post
                    Thanks for the info. We did check out west branch and Berlin before we moved and they seem like Great Lakes. I took my boat over to boat house marine in roots town last week and I hope to get it back next week.

I like to wake surf, but its been tough to keep my daughters off the tube. Hoping to get them into wakeboarding and surfing this season. Need to break that cycle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    Dude, Portage lakes is a pontoon lake but is also an awesome place to hang out. Best fireworks around!!!

2004 Yellow X7

Comment

Originally posted by Mgboyd25 View Post
                      Dude, Portage lakes is a pontoon lake but is also an awesome place to hang out. Best fireworks around!!!

Yepper, and on like donkey kong in 5 days. Saturday night!!
                      If its not a competition ski boat, its always second best.

2008 MasterCraft X14, LY6, 400 HP
                      1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205 (SOLD)

Check out MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                      X