Calling all Kansas MC owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Kansas MC owners

What is your "home" lake and what boat do you have? Always great to get an opportunity to meet other MC family in the area!

I'm in KC, although on the Missouri side... however, Rock Chalk. I generally boat at Smithville Lake, with occasional trips out to Perry Lake. I need to get back to Clinton Lake though, and relive my college lake days.
    -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Loewen View Post
      What is your "home" lake and what boat do you have? Always great to get an opportunity to meet other MC family in the area!
      Does KCMO count? We are almost exclusively at Pomme De Terre. As a former fireman, I would stay away from Smithville Lake, just north of KC. I have worked too many fatalities there.

Comment

KCMO-- close enough.

We live in Manhattan. Split time between Tuttle and Milford. Tuttle can be a giant bowl of chocolate pudding when it rains a lot. Milford can be a giant bowl of green slime when the algae is blooming hard. GREAT lakes when those problems aren't present though.. Milford is the better of the two. Sold our 14' X25 in February. Have an X23 on order with delivery late June (I Hope). Occasionally go to Wilson, but don't take the boat. Have a friend there with a Tige. Hands down, most beautiful lake in KS, but very susceptible to wind.

Comment

Wife grew up in St. Mary's, KS. She talks about those lakes.

We have an '15 X-23. Great boat!

Comment

Never been to Pomme. Hauled X25 to TR two years ago. Awesome lake, but wasn't thrilled about 6 hr tow. One and done. We rented boats the next 3 trips down there. I can surf at home. Missouri has beautiful, deep lakes. Probably won't go back to TR again though. Have been on the lake from south of Shell Knob to Arkansas on the east end of the lake. Jumped off all the rocks and viewed the scenery. Why travel when I can be at a boat ramp in 10 minutes...?

Comment

I'm in Shawnee, home lake is Table Rock. TRL looks like a Kansas lake at the moment. We do not need anymore rain down there for a while! We have a '94 Prostar 205
              1994 ProStar 205 LT1

Comment

Those southern MO/northern AR lakes are the best. I'd go to TRL, Bull Shoals, Beaver, Norfork, Pomme, or Stockton well before I'd plan a trip out to Tuttle or Milford. The extra tow is worth it 100%.
                -Mike

Comment

I just moved to Olathe. Have a '94 190 but nobody to ski with up here so it is stored back home in northwest Arkansas on beaver. I'm a poser course skier, but up for anything if anybody has a spot or can bring my boat up to kc.

Comment

I usually went to Clinton. I liked Hillsdale before they built the marina.
                    I chased a dream and moved down near Tablerock. Negotiating for a house on the TR near Cape Fair.
                    Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

I have an x30 on a slip at Clinton lake. Hard to beat having it so close that I can get out a couple times a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                        I just moved to Olathe. Have a '94 190 but nobody to ski with up here so it is stored back home in northwest Arkansas on beaver. I'm a poser course skier, but up for anything if anybody has a spot or can bring my boat up to kc.
                        If you can get your boat to Pomme de Terre, I can bring it to Olathe. We almost always have an empty hitch coming from Pomme to KC

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Magoo View Post
                          My son can handle the wheel for you. He lives in Overland Park. Get that thing up there and ski!
                          Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Originally posted by kscrib View Post
                            If you can get your boat to Pomme de Terre, I can bring it to Olathe. We almost always have an empty hitch coming from Pomme to KC

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                            Missed in "I" before can bring my boat up. Not sure if I'll bring it up this season or not, but I'll be back down there 4th of July week so certainly could. Does your son slalom Neil?

Comment

I live in Olathe, but boat on private lake in Northern Missouri where my boat is kept. 96 ProStar 190. Slalom ski and boat driver is all I do when at the lake. There is a small group of MC owners that ski on weekends that work out. One with an 85 S&S and two others that split ownership of a 91 ProStar but recently upgraded to a 06 X1. Curious if you work at Walgreens or CVS perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                              X