Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
    The new Nitto Ridge Grapplers look good. All of my BFGs got really noisy after 20k miles. Not the case with the Nittos I've had.
    I run nothing but BFGs and I have never found this to be the case. I personally think they are some of the best A/T on the market. I easily get 60K out of a set and they are great off road.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      I’ve had really good luck with them. Even on my buddy’s F250, with 5k of towing and 5k of daily driving, they’re wearing great.
      The Nittos or BFG's?
      Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
        The Nittos or BFG's?
        Nitro ridge grapplers. Same tires I’ve got on my 150, had on my Tacoma, last f150, put a set on my brothers 4Runner pro. They’re awesome tires.
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnE View Post
          The Nittos or BFG's?
          and what are you running them on?

my son used to run nothing but the BFG AT but could only get about 25k miles out of a set with normal rotation but that was on a 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins

Comment

• Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
            and what are you running them on?

my son used to run nothing but the BFG AT but could only get about 25k miles out of a set with normal rotation but that was on a 3/4 ton Dodge Cummins
            Had wear issues on an F150 with BFG. Switched to Toyo / Nitto and could get about 15k more miles with no increased noise. Have had Nittos on my F250 and get about 40k out of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post
              Had wear issues on an F150 with BFG. Switched to Toyo / Nitto and could get about 15k more miles with no increased noise. Have had Nittos on my F250 and get about 40k out of them.
              Ya I used BFG's for years and worked them pretty hard on the ranch etc lots of rocks but never got more than about 1 year out of them. I finally switched over to some coopers by recommendation and the jury is still out only have about 10k miles on them so we will see. Spent alot of money on the other tires wish I would have made a move sooner. I do like their look though. I think they might be fine for city driving.
              2017 XT23

2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
              Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Comment

• Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
                Nice looking ride!

You’ll have to keep us posted on the progress of the mods and maybe you’ll even prove to Aric Toyotas can last when you don’t beat the p*$$ out of them.
                I beat the p*SS out of mine with no issues.

160k and still going strong
                2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
                Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Tundras are proven, the Tacoma’s suck pretty hard lol. That’s why they haven’t updated it in over a decade.
                  I was ready to pull the trigger on an F150 5.0 right up until my brother had to have his entire fuel system replaced on his 2015 due to water ingestion.

Coming from the overland world the drivetrain on the Tundra is basically lifted right from the 200 series Land Cruiser which is about as bullet proof as it gets; so I certainly hope it proves to be.

Originally posted by LDA6339 View Post
                  Nice looking ride!

You’ll have to keep us posted on the progress of the mods and maybe you’ll even prove to Aric Toyotas can last when you don’t beat the p*$$ out of them.
                  I definitely will keep everyone posted on the mods. The comments on the KO2s has me reconsidering. I ran Cooper Discovery AT3 on my rovers and I was always very happy with how those wore.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIskier View Post
                    I was ready to pull the trigger on an F150 5.0 right up until my brother had to have his entire fuel system replaced on his 2015 due to water ingestion.

Coming from the overland world the drivetrain on the Tundra is basically lifted right from the 200 series Land Cruiser which is about as bullet proof as it gets; so I certainly hope it proves to be.

I definitely will keep everyone posted on the mods. The comments on the KO2s has me reconsidering. I ran Cooper Discovery AT3 on my rovers and I was always very happy with how those wore.
                    I mean... any make or model can injest water. Has nothing to do with the vehicle, but rather bad gas.
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

• A/T KO2s are a rough ride. Really stiff sidewalls
                      Kevin

Comment

I mean... any make or model can injest water. Has nothing to do with the vehicle, but rather bad gas.
                        It wasn't a bad gas situation rather the capless filler. He ran the truck through a touchless car wash on the way home from work, parked the truck overnight and during that time froze and burst several parts in the fuel system. His dealer said that they had seen it a couple of times over the years.

Comment

• Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

I can’t see that much water getting in there that way with a touchless.

Now, maybe those few people had some enemies that no one knew about?[emoji3166], sounds more like it. Because to get it to freeze and break stuff...seems impossible. You would have to have a lot of water in it...one, would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by MIskier View Post
                            It wasn't a bad gas situation rather the capless filler. He ran the truck through a touchless car wash on the way home from work, parked the truck overnight and during that time froze and burst several parts in the fuel system. His dealer said that they had seen it a couple of times over the years.
                            Quite interesting. I’ve had 3 F150s, my dad has had 1, and I have an 18 fusion all with capless fillers and I’ve never ran across that.
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

Quite interesting. I’ve had 3 F150s, my dad has had 1, and I have an 18 fusion all with capless fillers and I’ve never ran across that.
                              If it hasn’t happened to Aric’s 5 vehicles then impossible!

Talking one in thousands it sound here..
                              Bailey
                              '02 X-9
                              Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

• Originally posted by CruisinGA View Post
                                If it hasn’t happened to Aric’s 5 vehicles then impossible!

Talking one in thousands it sound here..
                                Sidestepping your sarcasm, it’s highly improbable The cap less filler is a widespread issue. Another thing to think about, is fords notoriously bad dealership experience, and they like to blame anything.

Only dealer experience worse than ford, is Toyota. Scummiest places on planet eart
                                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                                X