Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peytonvp View Post

I didn't think the Rams had the Allison yet. I thought the other transmission that is available is from Aisin.
    I think you’re right. I’m honestly not sure. These trucks would definitely benefit from a 10spd as these cummins have a different power band than I’m used to with the ford’s. Definitely feels like it has more power down low on the cummins, but the ford’s are a powerhouse and rev a lot higher.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post

I think you’re right. I’m honestly not sure. These trucks would definitely benefit from a 10spd as these cummins have a different power band than I’m used to with the ford’s. Definitely feels like it has more power down low on the cummins, but the ford’s are a powerhouse and rev a lot higher.
      The Ford puts out big numbers to the rear wheels compared to GM and Ram, something north of 450 HP vs the others around 390 HP (can't find the chart). The Ford is def. a race truck, on the other hand you don't see V-8's in OTR or Vocational trucks anymore.
      Hope you have a decent experience with the Ram, the 6.7 is de-tuned in the lower gears so it doesn't roast the clutch packs, which is why it is slow off the line compared to the other two. A stop at your local tuner can help that out.
      https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
      1988 prostar 190 SOLD
      2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

• Originally posted by zsqure View Post

The Ford puts out big numbers to the rear wheels compared to GM and Ram, something north of 450 HP vs the others around 390 HP (can't find the chart). The Ford is def. a race truck, on the other hand you don't see V-8's in OTR or Vocational trucks anymore.
        Hope you have a decent experience with the Ram, the 6.7 is de-tuned in the lower gears so it doesn't roast the clutch packs, which is why it is slow off the line compared to the other two. A stop at your local tuner can help that out.
        I have explored hitting a pothole and removing some things from the exhaust, but I am deathly afraid of blowing up the trans
        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:

Comment

I have explored hitting a pothole and removing some things from the exhaust, but I am deathly afraid of blowing up the trans
          As long as you are not beating on it all the time, the trans will be fine. Just don't treat it how most people do these days and and act like it can accelerate from 80-85 going uphill with 12000 pounds behind it.
          Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

• These are stock numbers according to the writer. They claim these are from their truck fleet. The charts are from January 24 & 31, posted on FB in 5TH Gen Cummins group..
            the lower Cummins numbers are for the non-H.O. (2500) motor.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.3 KB ID:	2699404 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6222.jpg Views:	0 Size:	216.8 KB ID:	2699405
            https://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/302328.png
            1988 prostar 190 SOLD
            2001 Prostar 209 SOLD

Comment

• I remember when 300hp and 500tq were all the rage... now those won't even pull a empty snowmobile trailer ;o)

Comment

• Originally posted by zsqure View Post
                These are stock numbers according to the writer. They claim these are from their truck fleet. The charts are from January 24 & 31, posted on FB in 5TH Gen Cummins group..
                the lower Cummins numbers are for the non-H.O. (2500) motor.
                Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6221.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.3 KB ID:	2699404 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_6222.jpg Views:	0 Size:	216.8 KB ID:	2699405
                Yeah i saw those too. I dont drive like an idiot because of how much I drive, so I cant really notice a big difference day to day so far.
                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                For Sale:

Comment

I usually try and stay away from 3500s cause my credit union won’t do anything more than 2500s.

I’d say it’s worth getting the 3500 because of the Allison trans over the 68RFE. This was the only truck available in the country in the color I wanted, that was a longhorn limited with the air suspension, adaptive cruise and a sunroof. I had to buy it from BFE Arkansas and have it shipped down here.
                  I wish we could get an Allison in a Dodge 2500!! That would make me buy a new truck for sure.
                  -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

• Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post

I wish we could get an Allison in a Dodge 2500!! That would make me buy a new truck for sure.
                    The talk is that they are going to be getting the 10 speed Allison.
                    Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

• 5 long months, my 2022 F350 king ranch came in. Was cool to see it come from a build list on the internet to real life.
                      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:

Comment

5 long months, my 2022 F350 king ranch came in. Was cool to see it come from a build list on the internet to real life.
                        Great looking truck! That'll tow pretty much anything.

Comment

5 long months, my 2022 F350 king ranch came in. Was cool to see it come from a build list on the internet to real life.
                          Gah. That thing is sweet! What are you doing with the Ram?

Comment

• We really need to change the name of this thread to the Aric tow vehicle & rig photo's. I'm not sure how he remembers what he is driving on any given day. As much as he trades trucks, I'd walk to the parking lot and forget what truck I was looking for
                            2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

• Originally posted by John Johnson View Post

Gah. That thing is sweet! What are you doing with the Ram?

I drove the 350 for a few days before I decided I much prefer the ram. I sold the 350 yesterday. Weird considering how much of a ford guy I am, there are a ton of little things the ram has that now that I have it, I couldn’t go back.
                              Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                              For Sale:

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                                We really need to change the name of this thread to the Aric tow vehicle & rig photo's. I'm not sure how he remembers what he is driving on any given day. As much as he trades trucks, I'd walk to the parking lot and forget what truck I was looking for
                                I keep an excel spreadsheet with miles driven and fuel spent so I can keep up lol
                                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                                X