Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post

I drove the 350 for a few days before I decided I much prefer the ram. I sold the 350 yesterday. Weird considering how much of a ford guy I am, there are a ton of little things the ram has that now that I have it, I couldn’t go back.
    What are some of those little things with the Ram?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
      What are some of those little things with the Ram?
      • Automatic high beams on the fords have to be disabled by going through a bunch of menu screens via steering wheel buttons. The Ram has it on the stalk. Push it forward for auto, pull it back for manual.
      • Layout of the touch screen is much more intuitive on the ram. Carplay on the top of the screen, and you can configure what goes below it. (climate control, heated seats buttons, weather, etc. The ford 12" screen has a very small section off to the right that has a few choices (bed camera, climate settings) and carplay takes up the rest of the screen.
      • Adaptive headlights - Ram headlights move with the steering wheel like my Fiance's BMW. love that. fords do not.
      • Harmon Kardon stereo in the Ram is hands down the best stock stereo in a truck. Way more bass, speakers in the roof, and a much better front stage. Fords B&O stereo is a joke no bass, no mids and no volume.
      • Ram has auto leveling rear air suspension. This is the show stopper for me. I can press a button, lower the rear end 4-5 inches, back under my gooseneck and air it back up and its hooked up. The load leveling system is great, and has a setting even to lower it an inch to keep the trailer level.
      • Mega cab option is awesome. Rear reclining seats with the storage is great, and storage underneath the back shelf behind the seats.
      • Ram has front parking sensors, ford does not
      • Ram's 360 view cameras look near 4K quality while fords look like something from 2007
      • quality of materials in the ram (stitched dash, wood grain, grab handles are leather wrapped, etc.) Ford is still nice, but I just dont feel like its up to par with the ram.

Ram is definitely down on power though compared to the ford, noticeably. I do miss that.
      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
      For Sale:
      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Automatic high beams on the fords have to be disabled by going through a bunch of menu screens via steering wheel buttons. The Ram has it on the stalk. Push it forward for auto, pull it back for manual.
        • Layout of the touch screen is much more intuitive on the ram. Carplay on the top of the screen, and you can configure what goes below it. (climate control, heated seats buttons, weather, etc. The ford 12" screen has a very small section off to the right that has a few choices (bed camera, climate settings) and carplay takes up the rest of the screen.
        • Adaptive headlights - Ram headlights move with the steering wheel like my Fiance's BMW. love that. fords do not.
        • Harmon Kardon stereo in the Ram is hands down the best stock stereo in a truck. Way more bass, speakers in the roof, and a much better front stage. Fords B&O stereo is a joke no bass, no mids and no volume.
        • Ram has auto leveling rear air suspension. This is the show stopper for me. I can press a button, lower the rear end 4-5 inches, back under my gooseneck and air it back up and its hooked up. The load leveling system is great, and has a setting even to lower it an inch to keep the trailer level.
        • Mega cab option is awesome. Rear reclining seats with the storage is great, and storage underneath the back shelf behind the seats.
        • Ram has front parking sensors, ford does not
        • Ram's 360 view cameras look near 4K quality while fords look like something from 2007
        • quality of materials in the ram (stitched dash, wood grain, grab handles are leather wrapped, etc.) Ford is still nice, but I just dont feel like its up to par with the ram.

Ram is definitely down on power though compared to the ford, noticeably. I do miss that.
        Ford auto high beams can be turned on and off using the stalk. If auto high beams are on and you turn off the high beams like you normally would, auto high beams goes off. Turn high beams back on and auto high beams are back on.

I do like the Stellantis screens better. And Ford stereos do have crappy sound.

Adaptive headlights, auto leveling suspension, and front parking sensors would be nice.

Mega cab doesn't really do much for me cause I think the Ford cab is plenty big, but it would be nice to have the storage behind the rear set to help clean up the cab a little.

I'm surprised you think the Ram quality of materials is better. You have had some nice, high end Fords though, so I'm sure you are qualified to make this call. My Ford has a stitched dash and nice leather on arm rest areas and the steering wheel. I like my Ford leather better than my Jeep Nappa leather, but of course I'm not comparing to a Ram. I think the Ford seats are the most comfortable out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
          Ford auto high beams can be turned on and off using the stalk. If auto high beams are on and you turn off the high beams like you normally would, auto high beams goes off. Turn high beams back on and auto high beams are back on.

I do like the Stellantis screens better. And Ford stereos do have crappy sound.

Adaptive headlights, auto leveling suspension, and front parking sensors would be nice.

Mega cab doesn't really do much for me cause I think the Ford cab is plenty big, but it would be nice to have the storage behind the rear set to help clean up the cab a little.

I'm surprised you think the Ram quality of materials is better. You have had some nice, high end Fords though, so I'm sure you are qualified to make this call. My Ford has a stitched dash and nice leather on arm rest areas and the steering wheel. I like my Ford leather better than my Jeep Nappa leather, but of course I'm not comparing to a Ram. I think the Ford seats are the most comfortable out there.
          But you cant have the auto high beams off when the stalk is not in the high beam position is what I meant.

There are lots of little nuances of the interior that feel nicer to me. On the limited longhorn trim, with the scraped wood, the engraving in the cluster and other plastics, the trim on the door panels, etc. Just feels like a more luxurious truck to me than the ford. I still love the fords though and will absolutely buy another when they come out with a refresh.
          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:

Comment

I drove the 350 for a few days before I decided I much prefer the ram. I sold the 350 yesterday. Weird considering how much of a ford guy I am, there are a ton of little things the ram has that now that I have it, I couldn’t go back.
            I am looking forward to trying out a Ram as well - the interior of the limited longhorn seemed much nicer than my platinum. After a long 5 months waiting for my Limited Longhorn 1500 to be built, it has finally arrived and I'll be getting rid of my 2018 F-150. I have really enjoyed the power from the 3.5L after having two of them, but the 10 speed transmission in my latest truck was complete garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccelia View Post

I am looking forward to trying out a Ram as well - the interior of the limited longhorn seemed much nicer than my platinum. After a long 5 months waiting for my Limited Longhorn 1500 to be built, it has finally arrived and I'll be getting rid of my 2018 F-150. I have really enjoyed the power from the 3.5L after having two of them, but the 10 speed transmission in my latest truck was complete garbage.
              Curious, what problems are you having with your 10 speed? I tried it out in a couple of rental Expeditions and it seemed quite nice.

I think Ram makes the best overall truck this generation. It looks the best (purely my subjective opinion), has the most features, and rides the best. IMO it has the worst drivetrain of the three but it's not so far behind that it's a dealbreaker.

Currently debating between a 2014+ 6.4 Hemi MegaCab or 2019+ 1500 Laramie to replace our current MegaCab. Need the rear reclining seats for the family, mom wouldn't do without it now.

Comment

• Need to get this thing in the water soon.
                Attached Files

Comment

• She gets the job done… you just gotta be patient. lol
                  Attached Files
                  -Tolman
                  '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                  '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

• Ford scheduling really seems to love me these days. Just got my second order, placed on 1/17.

Didn’t keep this one either though, I’m a Ram man.
                    Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                    For Sale:

Comment

Ford scheduling really seems to love me these days. Just got my second order, placed on 1/17.

Didn’t keep this one either though, I’m a Ram man.
                      Thats sharp. Love that color combo.

Comment

• Still a huge ram guy. This one may be the first one I keep for more than 90 days.
                        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                        For Sale:

Comment

• You should RAM that crest up and over to WA, drop her off and let us water test it on Roosevelt (all summer). Verified, but can't afford to store that mother. Out of curiosity, what does that crest weigh? GLWS.
                          ¡Viva 205V!
                          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• Originally posted by brucemac View Post
                            You should RAM that crest up and over to WA, drop her off and let us water test it on Roosevelt (all summer). Verified, but can't afford to store that mother. Out of curiosity, what does that crest weigh? GLWS.
                            I honestly have no idea. If I had to guess, 5500ish pounds on the trailer.
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

• Tundra doing work. Hopefully there are a few gas stations on the way.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• A lot of you guys have nice, new, shiny trucks. Guess how many miles are on this 4Runner
                                Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

Working...
                                X