Tow Vehicle & Rig Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tsumi View Post

People don't seem to understand that the short rear overhang really helps with stability. .
    That's what I was thinking.

Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• Just weighed my 2003 X9 with a full tank of gas. She came out to a whopping 4700 lbs which was a bit of shock. Good thing my F250 with a 7.3L big block can pull this thing like butter. Got the MC plate on the front. Its a bit expensive at the pump these days when I'm filling both the truck and boat at the same time, haha. You can't put a price on fun tho!
      Last edited by Alberta_Dan; 07-11-2022, 02:10 PM.
      2003 Mastercraft X9, 350 MCX (Black Thunder)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alberta_Dan View Post
        Just weighed my 2003 X9 with a full tank of gas. She came out to a whopping 4700 lbs which was a bit of shock. Good thing my F250 with a 7.3L big block pull this thing like butter. Got the MC plate on the front. Its a bit expensive at the pump these days when I'm filling both the truck and boat at the same time, haha. You can't put a price on fun tho!
        That shocks me... Seems really high to me as well. Was that on a verified scale? Do you have any lead or other heavy things in the boat? I thought the single axle Mastercraft trailers only had 4500 pound axles underneath them.
        Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

• It was an unattended highway scale. I just unhooked with the axle and the trailer jack both on the scale. That's why I weigh so that I know how heavy everything is when loaded. When you add the boat (2900 lbs) + trailer (~1100 lbs) + fuel (220 lbs) + tower (?) + batteries, anchors, left over water in ballasts, etc,etc, it can all add up to a big number. I learned this when weighing my 5th Wheels how heavy you can get with gear. The trailer has a GVWR of 5200 lbs and a load capacity of 4200, so I'm still within limits. However, it does highlight the importance of not overloading your trailer and having a big enough rig to pull it.
          2003 Mastercraft X9, 350 MCX (Black Thunder)

Comment

It was an unattended highway scale. I just unhooked with the axle and the trailer jack both on the scale. That's why I weigh so that I know how heavy everything is when loaded. When you add the boat (2900 lbs) + trailer (~1100 lbs) + fuel (220 lbs) + tower (?) + batteries, anchors, left over water in ballasts, etc,etc, it can all add up to a big number. I learned this when weighing my 5th Wheels how heavy you can get with gear. The trailer has a GVWR of 5200 lbs and a load capacity of 4200, so I'm still within limits. However, it does highlight the importance of not overloading your trailer and having a big enough rig to pull it.
            I need to weigh the x14... it might be a lot heavier than I thought.
            Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	B88E413A-09DD-405A-AB13-25201697127B.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	2709201 That body G wagon is the worst driving vehicle I’ve ever driven. I took a 17 G63 home the other day to try it out and 75 felt like 140. I’m sure it’s pretty stout with towing though.
              Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
              Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
              2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
              For Sale:
              2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Just weighed my 2003 X9 with a full tank of gas. She came out to a whopping 4700 lbs which was a bit of shock. Good thing my F250 with a 7.3L big block can pull this thing like butter. Got the MC plate on the front. Its a bit expensive at the pump these days when I'm filling both the truck and boat at the same time, haha. You can't put a price on fun tho!
                Interesting. We just got an 06 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV (was too good of a deal to pass up) and our R500 was smooth towing it. 6 hour drive at highway speeds from Palmdale to Lake Don Pedro. I thought it was around 5500 lbs with the trailer but I might have been pushing closer to 6500 lbs. Only scary moment was starting out and experiencing the crosswinds in Lancaster for the first time.

The Malibu trailer is rated to only 6000 lbs. Wonder why they leave almost no room to load the boat down.

Comment

• Pulled the trigger on a '22 F250 Lariat / Tremor over the weekend. Was going back and forth between the 6.7 diesel vs. the 7.3L (godzilla) gasser when I was planning to build my order, but found this one on a dealer lot with the 7.3L, so I jumped on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220806_130311b.jpg
Views:	504
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	2711442

Comment

• Love it. Waiting on some dealer inventory here and will likely pull the trigger on the first 6.7 that pops up. Let me know how the gas burner does towing and that may change my mind.

Comment

Name:	20220815_193106.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	3.08 MB
ID:	2712267
                      Found one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Name:	B88E413A-09DD-405A-AB13-25201697127B.jpg
Views:	795
Size:	4.07 MB
ID:	2709201 That body G wagon is the worst driving vehicle I’ve ever driven. I took a 17 G63 home the other day to try it out and 75 felt like 140. I’m sure it’s pretty stout with towing though.
                        I bought a 2017 G550. Not sure what you are comparing it to, but it like it all around. Coming from Sierra ATX, Sierra AT4, 2 Avalanche Z71's, etc.
                        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

• I'm a little concerned that Aric hasn't changed trucks! It's been a couple months since the Dodge arrived.
                          Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Name:	0EA4E297-FEB9-4D34-B9CE-F7D9F2CC2315.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	2712643
                            Originally posted by neil.anderson63 View Post
                            I'm a little concerned that Aric hasn't changed trucks! It's been a couple months since the Dodge arrived.

i actually got a new raptor on Saturday lol. Dodge didn’t fit in my new garage.
                            Attached Files
                            Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                            Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:
                            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

• Buwhaaahaaa!!!!!
                              ¡Viva 205V!
                              2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• Originally posted by MC25 View Post

Name:	0EA4E297-FEB9-4D34-B9CE-F7D9F2CC2315.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	3.71 MB
ID:	2712643

i actually got a new raptor on Saturday lol. Dodge didn’t fit in my new garage.
                                Is the 37 a reference to the # of trucks you have had in the last 2 years?
                                2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Working...
                                X