Rivian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rivian

I’ve been intrigued enough by the RIS (SUV) to have a refundable deposit down, but likely won’t see the vehicle for 18+ months given start up. I’d normally not wait in line for a cup of coffee.

Checked out the new Rivian Denver service center and saw a few in the wild, which is rare given unicorn status. The fit and finish is strong, though the bed looks small at 54” length.
    Attached Files

I personally really like the Rivian. It's out there enough, but not in space like the Cybertruck. The on AND off-road performance seems strong as well. It'll be interesting to see how the new Hummer EV compares; I've heard good things.

That said, I think I'd take that Wagoneer.
    -Tolman
    '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
    '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Moose, I'm right there with you. Keep us posted

For the past month I've been sitting watching youtube videos with my finger on the trigger

Comment

I’ll actually agree. I think it looks awesome. Hope they can execute.
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Thanks TCM, that Waggy has taken too much time and expense to get her to reliable second daily driver, but it’s been fun. Oz, get your refundable deposit in now, depositors went from 50k pre IPO, to 72k just recently.

No doubt execution will be everything here for a new vehicle startup like Rivian, that includes a bunch of major TBD’s such as beyond beta test customer deliveries, service and charger network, range degradation in towing/cold/elevation gain, reliability, battery tech and safety, crash test, etc.

That said there’s a bunch of stunning capabilities and promise here. OR capabilities including 15” max clearance stock and great approach/departure/breakovers, no center driveshaft/differentials/transfer case, 11k tow capacity, 3.2 sec 0-60.

Jalopnik’s article geeks out on Rivians OR potential and comparisons to a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon:

https://jalopnik.com/a-ridiculously-...lec-1847749837

Comment

Genuine question, is this supposed to be in the Tacoma/Colorado market share competition or half-ton? Bed size alone is a deal breaker for me. Love the innovation though, hope it works out for rivian.

Comment

Originally posted by Huckelfin View Post
              Genuine question, is this supposed to be in the Tacoma/Colorado market share competition or half-ton? Bed size alone is a deal breaker for me. Love the innovation though, hope it works out for rivian.
              It's closer in size to a Ranger than an F150... it's almost the perfect daily size imo.
              -Tolman
              '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
              '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                Oz, get your refundable deposit in now, depositors went from 50k pre IPO, to 72k just recently.
                Moose, I needed a primary tow / roadtrip vehicle first. So I pulled the trigger on a '22 Tundra (delivery in Jan), we shall see how that plays out. May just take your advice and get my deposit in on the Rivian as a 2nd / family car for 2023+.

Comment

^Nice, presume Santa ordered the Tundra in red to match the X10 hot rod, eh? I like the redesign and even the short bed is 50” IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                    ^Nice, presume Santa ordered the Tundra in red to match the X10 hot rod, eh? I like the redesign and even the short bed is 50” IIRC.
                    I had to be somewhat flexible on colors to match up with trims / features being allocated to dealer....ended up with Black on Black. Should match the black accents of the X10 well. Inside bed length 65.6" for the 5.5' crewcab.

https://www.toyota.com/content/dam/t...a_brochure.pdf

Comment

For the distance I tow they will have to make some real improvements in range before I would ever consider electric. I think the truck is a little expensive for what it is but I will not lie that I think it is kind of cool!
                      Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

Not bad looking. I bet it's a blast to drive.

Jeep has the Gladiator 4xe hybrid coming, but not until 2024.

Comment

This thread is like looking in a mirror…

We put a deposit on a R1T in 2018, but due to trailer size we haul in the winter, plus need for a larger SUV we switched to the R1S mid last year. We were told our delivery window is now April 2022. Haven’t been over to see their new facility yet but when we do, I’ll take our Wagoneer too

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tenmile View Post
                            I’ll take our Wagoneer too
                            Man, those are SO cool. I'm mad at myself for not pulling the trigger on one when a pristine example would be 50k cheaper than it would be now. That said, I think the day I get an old SUV is coming up quick.
                            -Tolman
                            '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                            '06 X30 (Sold)

Comment

^TM, nice Waggie in its natural environs!

Wagoneers pretty much invented range anxiety.

Comment

Working...
                              X