No announcement yet.

Rivian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huckelfin, hard to describe the nuance here but Rivian has delivered a precious few vehicles to third party customers as a start up EV company and their communications and delays have been dismal including this debacle. One could argue their first two vehicles are worth the 20% price increase based on capabilities and alternatives.

At the risk of getting flamed, even if I could afford it, not sure I’ll ever be able to buy another new MC. The latest price thresholds are freaking insane. First world admittedly.

Comment

There will be a time when you won't own anything and be happy... WEF...

Comment

Worth a full watch as Cammisa vids are wildly entertaining. But for the ADHD crowd, you can just watch the first 1:30 or cut straight to 5:00 for Rivian tow test.

Comment

great video!

Comment

Trucks drag racing? Seriously, who would care about that?

Comment

Certainly makes for good TV and it was fun to watch. There's no denying the shear torque and performance available with electric. If you were not aware of that awesome torque performance you should be after watching and seeing the electric race with that trailer behind it.

Anyone else notice that the 2 real trucks were off road models. Wonder when they'll do the off road course version of this race.....

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post

Anyone else notice that the 2 real trucks were off road models. Wonder when they'll do the off road course version of this race.....
                The Rivian is arguably more capable than the other "real trucks." It's cool you can be out crawling jeeps in Moab in the AM then proceed to race Ferraris (and win) on the strip in the PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yeth5v_5dPM
                -Tolman
                '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Originally posted by RxMC View Post
                  Trucks drag racing? Seriously, who would care about that?
                  You know people drag race 18 wheelers, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsumi View Post

You know people drag race 18 wheelers, right?
                    those wacky french canadians really take the cake here

anyway, love cammisa's videos, that was a really entertaining watch!

Comment

I worked for a Canadian that built and raced semi trucks as a hobby. He could have easily raced in the Porsche GT3 Cup, but chose trucks. Oddest thing.

Comment

Had the call with our Rivian guide yesterday. They claim we are on track with our Apr/May delivery window, but I read between the lines that we should also accept June as a reality as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tenmile View Post
                          Had the call with our Rivian guide yesterday. They claim we are on track with our Apr/May delivery window, but I read between the lines that we should also accept June as a reality as well.
                          Just to confirm, was he talking about '22? lol. I'm looking forward to the pics and your review.

Comment

Originally posted by osmonet View Post

Just to confirm, was he talking about '22? lol. I'm looking forward to the pics and your review.
                            Yup! And even more shockingly… we got our buyer’s agreement yesterday. Apparently that happens when we get assigned a VIN and a build slot so….fingers crossed!

Comment

OMG OMG.....It all happened so fast that I didn't get a pic, but I saw one on the road today. lol

Rumors must be true and they being delivered to real people.

Comment

I see at least one or two regularly on my commutes around the SF Bay Area, so they are out there now.

Comment

Working...
                                X