2017 Infiniti QX60 tire recommendatiion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Infiniti QX60 tire recommendatiion

As the title says, I'm looking for recommendations for new tires for the wife's 2017 Infiniti QX 60 AWD. It's not a tow vehicle and never will be. Just a daily driver that in over 4 years has a whopping 22k miles on it. As we are in New England, it needs to be an ok winter tire. She isn't driving in the snow unless she gets caught in it on a very rare occasion. Or if the son is borrowing it.

I know enough and read and have read plenty on the choices for full size trucks, and have plenty of my own opinions on those. I know nothing about this market segment.

Price is not the primary consideration, looking for a good tire for all driving conditions, and ride quality is up on the list.

I think there were only about 273 choices when I punched in the details on tire rack.....

I'll buy locally. Tons of local shops here.

Thanks

John
    Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

On my wife's Cadillac SRX I run these https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=355VR0PRLTX
    Super quiet and a real smooth ride. I go with a 235/55/r20 which may be similar for your wife's QX60. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post
      On my wife's Cadillac SRX I run these https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...um=355VR0PRLTX
      Super quiet and a real smooth ride. I go with a 235/55/r20 which may be similar for your wife's QX60. I have nothing but good things to say about them.
      I have never went wrong getting a Michelin on anything.
      Previous Boat- 1983 Stars and Stripes

Comment

I have the Bridgestone Alenza A/S 02 on my Escalade and I like them. They're super quiet, comfy, and pretty good in the snow. I've been caught in a few Utah canyon storms and have had no worries. I have 10k miles on them now and they seem to have a lot of life left.
        -Tolman
        '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
        '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Do you have the 18” or 20”? It looks like both are possible for that one.

Previous boat: '83 19' Skier (S&S)
          Current boat: 02 X-9
          Next boat: ?

Comment

Thanks gang. I appreciate the advice. She has the 18" wheels I think. I need to double check today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainely Wake View Post
              These look like a good choice. TY for posting

Comment

John,

Full disclosure - I work for Goodyear.
                In the 18" Goodyear has a few options depending on what you prioritize
                Assurance Weatherready - focus on all season - would be best in winter/rain - I put these on my wife's Cadillac XT4 (I'm in NE Ohio)
                Assurance Comfortred - Still all season, but priority on comfort. - I've run these tires before and they work well.
                I would recommend one of these 2 - we have other options, but these are our better ones.

I tried to PM you, it says you are shut off! If you can PM me, I can send you a discount.

Comment

Thanks Jeff. My PM's are turned on, but I get a message that I have too many topics. My sent items shows 30 pages. I guess I need to delete them. I don't have time to do that right now, especially if it doesn't work. A quick google search showed others with this problem. If you are able to email me at [email protected] that would be great.

Comment

John,
                    email sent. If you have questions, let me know.

Comment

I am running the Continental CrossContact LX25 on my Q7. Its been a great all around tire for me.

Comment

Continental DWS06 Plus if it's available in your size and you want a performance tire that will also do okay in the snow. That's what I'll be putting on our R500. The other option I was looking at is the Michelin CrossClimate SUV but the lack of stock at Costco and the low relative treadlife is pushing me to the Continental. I have the older version of the DWS06 on my Corvette and have been happy with it in the rain. CrossContact LX25 also has a very good treadlife warranty and isn't that far behind the Michelins.

Comment

I run the DWS06 on my GTI. They're great! They claim it's a performance tire but I'd say it falls more on the comfortable side of the spectrum (which I like). Still super grippy though.
                          -Tolman
                          '22 XT23 "Big Kahuna"
                          '06 X30 (Sold)

"Sometimes my genius, it's almost frightening" -JC

Comment

Working...
                          X