Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022+ Tundra

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022+ Tundra

    Starting a new thread to discuss anything relating to this new model series. Mod's, I know there was a earlier thread that was located in the wrong forum, so delete or combine if you think best.

    Just picked up this 2022 Limited TRD. I'm about 2 weeks away from towing the MC, So I'll provide a update at that point. That said, I expect it to tow competently.

    Initial impressions;
    • Styling is a bit of an eye of the beholder situation, but I can tell you it looks better in person and in certain colors
    • Power is more than adequate, though not say TRX level
    • Nice update on the tech. The screen functions really well and is intuitive with Nav, Carplay, Sirius, etc.
    • Lots of buttons for everyday functions so you don't need to keep relying on the screen. This is great!
    • High quality materials
    • Ride is very comfortable
    • Cabin room is really good and well thought out, though lacking some creative features from say the F150
    • Seeing some early production quality issues with trim ,etc.
    Overall really happy with purchase
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Beautiful truck, the black / on black looks sharp, I have been waiting for an allocation that fits my wants since January. Hoping my dealership calls any day.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looking good! I’m interested to see how that V6 does towing. Looking forward to your full review.

      tundras.com forum is almost as cool as TeamTalk. They have a ton of info over there as well.

      Comment


      • #4
        Great looking truck. I have a TRD Pro on order with the new Hybrid engine. I ordered black on black as well. I have been trying to find a decent lift kit for it, but not much has been made available so far. Toyota has the TRD lift that is 2.5" that will give an additional 3" of clearance. It hasnt been released yet, but is rumored to roughly $4K for only 2.5". I'm hoping BDS has something available soon. Nice to read that you are happy with your purchase.

        Comment


        • #5
          I've got a 2012 Tundra, and while I can say the rear styling hasn't really been my cup of tea for my generation (pre-facelift), the new gen is a step down imo. Like you said, eye of the beholder.

          Other than that, I think it's a neat truck and looking forward to your longer term review!
          Tim
          Ohio State Engineering - Go Bucks
          1998 MC MariStar 225VRS
          1995 MC ProStar 205

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tmothy07 View Post
            I've got a 2012 Tundra, and while I can say the rear styling hasn't really been my cup of tea for my generation (pre-facelift), the new gen is a step down imo. Like you said, eye of the beholder.

            Other than that, I think it's a neat truck and looking forward to your longer term review!
            Hahaha.... I have a 2011 and have never been a fan of the Tundra styling either. For me if it was all about looks, I would have bought a ram. However, after 365,000km (and counting) with nothing more than regular maintenance, I couldn't make the change to another brand.

            Comment


            • #7
              I picked up a 2022 Tundra a few weeks ago and I'm loving it so far! I've only towed my MC once so far for maybe 10 minutes total, but I barely noticed the boat was back there! Certainly pulls better than my Tacoma did, in my very limited experience.

              Comment


              • #8
                She's sharp Oz, congrats. You gonna black out the front grill frame or let her keep the sheit eating grin?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by moosehead View Post
                  She's sharp Oz, congrats. You gonna black out the front grill frame or let her keep the sheit eating grin?
                  Teetering back and forth on the blackout subject. At first I hated the chrome, now its starting to grow on me.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by osmonet View Post

                    Teetering back and forth on the blackout subject. At first I hated the chrome, now its starting to grow on me.
                    Maybe try a vinyl application to see how you like it, can always go back. Looks like those mirrors extend but aren’t quite the obnoxious dumbo ears?

                    Click image for larger version  Name:	B06085CD-0952-4CC3-BAE0-EEF303C2CA1A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	902.3 KB ID:	2701704

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You tundra homers must be irate that you can’t say “no replacement for displacement” anymore. Funny how quick that went away lol
                      Aric


                      LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                      Register Here

                      2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                        You tundra homers must be irate that you can’t say “no replacement for displacement” anymore. Funny how quick that went away lol
                        Well its still a bigger motor than Ford's 2.7L that they are putting in their full size trucks.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by lakedrum03 View Post

                          Well its still a bigger motor than Ford's 2.7L that they are putting in their full size trucks.
                          Ford does a 3.5 and a 3.5 eco boost. Chevy does a 4 banger 😂
                          Aric


                          LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                          Register Here

                          2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:
                          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                            You tundra homers must be irate that you can’t say “no replacement for displacement” anymore. Funny how quick that went away lol
                            Lots of pissing and moaning about this on the Tundra forums. Some die-hards posted about running out and snatching up the last of '21s when the V6TT announcement came out. For me, assuming I can dodge the early turbo wastegate issues, I welcome the power and fuel economy of the V6TT

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by osmonet View Post

                              Lots of pissing and moaning about this on the Tundra forums. Some die-hards posted about running out and snatching up the last of '21s when the V6TT announcement came out. For me, assuming I can dodge the early turbo wastegate issues, I welcome the power and fuel economy of the V6TT
                              I'm with you. My 5.7 has been a great engine, but I'd like to be able to pass at least 1 gas station in my life!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X