Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022+ Tundra

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by osmonet View Post

    Lots of pissing and moaning about this on the Tundra forums. Some die-hards posted about running out and snatching up the last of '21s when the V6TT announcement came out. For me, assuming I can dodge the early turbo wastegate issues, I welcome the power and fuel economy of the V6TT
    I think that’s so funny. Get with the times or get left behind. Fords been doing the eco boost for over 10 years now and I could never do another NA truck for towing anything.
    Aric


    LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

    2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by moosehead View Post

      Maybe try a vinyl application to see how you like it, can always go back. Looks like those mirrors extend but aren’t quite the obnoxious dumbo ears?

      Click image for larger version Name:	B06085CD-0952-4CC3-BAE0-EEF303C2CA1A.jpg Views:	0 Size:	902.3 KB ID:	2701704
      Yeah, I'm with you. I like the black more and will probably proceed with vinyl wrap.

      Mirrors size seems to be a good compromise between standard and dumbo ears. They seem to be same size as F150 standard
      Last edited by osmonet; 04-04-2022, 11:08 AM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Looks great, Oz! I’ve seen two in the wild myself now. Yes, my eye isn’t totally latched onto the styling yet, but not bad. Did you place your order thru the dealer in Brainerd (Lake Country)?
        Former: 2007 X15

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Upnorth07 View Post
          Looks great, Oz! I’ve seen two in the wild myself now. Yes, my eye isn’t totally latched onto the styling yet, but not bad. Did you place your order thru the dealer in Brainerd (Lake Country)?
          From a styling perspective, it seems that that distinct lines of the truck seem to work best in certain colors, and are really polarizing. As I mentioned, truck looks much better in person.

          The ordering process is really strange. First, I got my name on a list at 3 different dealers (Small vs large, metro vs rural) to give myself the best chance. I then selected my base configuration (trim, cab/bed size, 4WD). I also provided 3 color preferences for both interior and exterior. Then the waiting game began. Each month the dealers would receive an announcement of their build allocation from Toyota that were not based on customer preferences, but more based on what Toyota decided to build. They would then contact each of their waiting customers in priority order and try to match make. Another interesting part of this process, is I was not able to select options for the truck. Basically Toyota would decide what options each region of the country would receive. So for example, in the Chicagoland region, Toyota decided that all Tundras Limited models would come equipped with the pano-sunroof, heated steering wheel, etc. Fortunately for me, I got my ideal configuration, but it was more luck than anything else.

          Once the match was made, and I was notified, then the 2nd phase of the waiting game began. Build date was moved out about 8 times, and totaled around 2 months. once the truck arrived, i finally was able to test drive it and had right of refusal.

          Fortunately after all that, I actually liked it

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by osmonet View Post

            From a styling perspective, it seems that that distinct lines of the truck seem to work best in certain colors, and are really polarizing. As I mentioned, truck looks much better in person.

            The ordering process is really strange. First, I got my name on a list at 3 different dealers (Small vs large, metro vs rural) to give myself the best chance. I then selected my base configuration (trim, cab/bed size, 4WD). I also provided 3 color preferences for both interior and exterior. Then the waiting game began. Each month the dealers would receive an announcement of their build allocation from Toyota that were not based on customer preferences, but more based on what Toyota decided to build. They would then contact each of their waiting customers in priority order and try to match make. Another interesting part of this process, is I was not able to select options for the truck. Basically Toyota would decide what options each region of the country would receive. So for example, in the Chicagoland region, Toyota decided that all Tundras Limited models would come equipped with the pano-sunroof, heated steering wheel, etc. Fortunately for me, I got my ideal configuration, but it was more luck than anything else.

            Once the match was made, and I was notified, then the 2nd phase of the waiting game began. Build date was moved out about 8 times, and totaled around 2 months. once the truck arrived, i finally was able to test drive it and had right of refusal.

            Fortunately after all that, I actually liked it

            Crazy! I've ordered a vehicle or two in my time, but nothing that in-depth or uncertain - congratulations!
            Former: 2007 X15

            Comment


            • #21
              That is clearly someone that wants one quickly. The standard practice still applies, with some new delays. Pick what you want, put down a deposit and wait for a build date and delivery time. Thats what I have done for mine, but have no idea when I will see it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
                That is clearly someone that wants one quickly. The standard practice still applies, with some new delays. Pick what you want, put down a deposit and wait for a build date and delivery time. Thats what I have done for mine, but have no idea when I will see it.
                Maybe just to clarify a couple of things......I didn't get mine quickly. I "ordered" one in November on the date that the configurator went live, and received one in March. What I've noticed is all the MN dealers were handling things a bit differently. The only real commonality was that they were all on factory allocation and were receiving a fraction of what they could sell/have sold. As an example, some required $500 down (refundable) at time of order while others only required a photo ID and a handshake. Some charge over MSRP (or mandatory add-ons) while others don't.

                Unless things are different in Canada, I'm almost certain that you are not "ordering" anything and in fact merely entering the dealers allocation que with your preferences. Your choices are cheese, pepperoni, or sausage in S, M and L sizes. If you want olives, soon or later the dealer will tell you that olives are not available even though they are on the menu. That is because Toyota is only building certain configurations for each region

                BTW, at time of delivery the other two Dealers where I was waitlisted still could not provide me a date of when their allocation would match my preferences. Its just a matter of luck. How high are you on the dealer's list and how close are your preferences to what they are scheduled to receive.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by osmonet View Post

                  Maybe just to clarify a couple of things......I didn't get mine quickly. I "ordered" one in November on the date that the configurator went live, and received one in March. What I've noticed is all the MN dealers were handling things a bit differently. The only real commonality was that they were all on factory allocation and were receiving a fraction of what they could sell/have sold. As an example, some required $500 down (refundable) at time of order while others only required a photo ID and a handshake. Some charge over MSRP (or mandatory add-ons) while others don't.

                  Unless things are different in Canada, I'm almost certain that you are not "ordering" anything and in fact merely entering the dealers allocation que with your preferences. Your choices are cheese, pepperoni, or sausage in S, M and L sizes. If you want olives, soon or later the dealer will tell you that olives are not available even though they are on the menu. That is because Toyota is only building certain configurations for each region

                  BTW, at time of delivery the other two Dealers where I was waitlisted still could not provide me a date of when their allocation would match my preferences. Its just a matter of luck. How high are you on the dealer's list and how close are your preferences to what they are scheduled to receive.
                  That makes more sense. I ordered an all black TRD Pro and it comes loaded with only a few add on's, so my order as far as a TRD Pro is concerned is pretty vanilla. I am third on the TRD Pro list and its a tier A or tier 1 dealer that has a higher allocation. Now saying that, I still do not have my delivery date. My dealer required a $1000 deposit, which was fine as I really have no plans in backing out on the order.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post

                    That makes more sense. I ordered an all black TRD Pro and it comes loaded with only a few add on's, so my order as far as a TRD Pro is concerned is pretty vanilla. I am third on the TRD Pro list and its a tier A or tier 1 dealer that has a higher allocation. Now saying that, I still do not have my delivery date. My dealer required a $1000 deposit, which was fine as I really have no plans in backing out on the order.
                    OK, that clarifies things a bit on your situation. Regarding the PRO, the allocation works the same. The only issue becomes that dealers are allocated far fewer PROs than the other models. So even though you are #3 in line, that could equate to a 1 year wait. behind the scenes, the dealers will try to trade with each other to satisfy their customer color choices, options, etc but since the trade pool is smaller, its a crapshoot. I'm not sure if the PRO is actually shipping yet so that may add to the mystery about dates. All that said, as soon as they receive allocation, and you agree to the configuration, you will then receive a estimated build date, and a corresponding delivery date.

                    I found this video that explains this wacky process. Its a bit dry but illuminating

                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dT1BWDsf90U

                    PS. I'm also on the TRD PRO list at 2 dealers. We can console each other as we wait...lol

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by osmonet View Post

                      OK, that clarifies things a bit on your situation. Regarding the PRO, the allocation works the same. The only issue becomes that dealers are allocated far fewer PROs than the other models. So even though you are #3 in line, that could equate to a 1 year wait. behind the scenes, the dealers will try to trade with each other to satisfy their customer color choices, options, etc but since the trade pool is smaller, its a crapshoot. I'm not sure if the PRO is actually shipping yet so that may add to the mystery about dates. All that said, as soon as they receive allocation, and you agree to the configuration, you will then receive a estimated build date, and a corresponding delivery date.

                      I found this video that explains this wacky process. Its a bit dry but illuminating

                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dT1BWDsf90U

                      PS. I'm also on the TRD PRO list at 2 dealers. We can console each other as we wait...lol
                      Wow you weren't kidding when you called the process wacky! My dealer said the PRO has not started shipping yet, which is why I haven't been given date. With these crazy times, I'm glad my 2011 Platinum is still holding up well.

                      Good luck on yours as well. I'm hoping they release the TRD factory lift kit in time for my truck arrival!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Well, it finally stopped snowing and freezing long enough for me to grab the boat this weekend. So I was able to finally get some towing miles on this new toy

                        I towed about 40 miles on a combination of county roads and US highways towing the X10 with no passengers.
                        - Power is more than adequate. I had no issues merging or accelerating from a stop
                        - all the different camera angles and split screen system is great
                        - standard mirrors worked fine for boat towing
                        - I averaged 10.5 MPG as compared to 19 MPG on the same road empty. This was at 55-65MPH some hills and stops
                        - There is a section of cupped road that would make the boat bounce really bad in my SUV forcing me to slow down to <50 MPH. Tundra handled it well, though it still oscillated the truck, I didn't have to slow down.
                        - Squat was almost non-existent, but X10 doesn't have the tongue weight of some of the big boys.
                        - easy to turn off all the annoying obstacle detection beeps as you back up
                        - Difference between "tow mode" and "tow mode plus" seemed to be different transmission shift points. BTW, the transmission is really smooth
                        - visibility is fine.
                        - seats are comfortable

                        Some irritations
                        - The standard composite bed in the is super slick. Upgrading to spray liner or some type of rubber mat is a must
                        - The electronic parking brake has to go. There is a bunch of sensing to activate / deactivate it. so if you're in a hurry and in / out of the vehicle it can confuse the thing and prevent it from deactivating. Happened to me as I was backing up in a tight space and jumped out of the truck a few times to check progress.
                        - infotainment system woks like 90% of the time. on occasion, apps will lock up and requires closing apps on the phone. Also, it sometimes doesn't sense your key and jumps to guest mode forcing you to enter your pin....irritating
                        - JBL audio is so so. Just doesn't sound that great
                        - About half the time I need to press the start button twice to start the truck..cant figure out why
                        - gas pedal doesn't feel linear at times. Sometimes when you're transitioning from a slowing roll to acceleration, it wont react until you give it enough gas for the thing to launch.

                        Still happy with the truck
                        Last edited by osmonet; 05-08-2022, 12:58 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post

                          Wow you weren't kidding when you called the process wacky! My dealer said the PRO has not started shipping yet, which is why I haven't been given date. With these crazy times, I'm glad my 2011 Platinum is still holding up well.

                          Good luck on yours as well. I'm hoping they release the TRD factory lift kit in time for my truck arrival!
                          Any update on your PRO order? I see that they are shipping now.

                          Some local dealers received their 1st allocation and are selling for $20K over MSRP while others are being more gentle.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by osmonet View Post

                            Any update on your PRO order? I see that they are shipping now.

                            Some local dealers received their 1st allocation and are selling for $20K over MSRP while others are being more gentle.
                            No update on the timing of mine yet. I have seen a couple in our city as well, so hopefully I get some good news soon. The 2011 is sitting at 372,000 kilometers and still going strong!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X