Brake Pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pads?

Hola MC Crew. I need to do the front brakes on my tow vehicle, a 2010 Sequoia. Any recommendations?

Two days ago I had rotors and pads replaced front and rear on my '02 Tahoe, the shop used ceramic pads. I ordered new ceramic pads for the boat trailer.

I'd vote for ceramic.

Comment

Just did mine with ceramic and new vented rotors. Rock auto. Very happy with my choice. I rarely get off road. Keeping the crap out of the holes and vents in the rotors is a non factor for me.
      Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterAK View Post
        Hola MC Crew. I need to do the front brakes on my tow vehicle, a 2010 Sequoia. Any recommendations?
        Get the specs of your 2010 Sequoia, (Model, Engine, Id #, Exc.
        Take them to To your Local Napa, or O'Reilly Auto Parts store and they will look up the parts you need.

Comment

I buy my brake parts from Rockauto and I also prefer ceramic.

Most other engine parts I buy genuine Toyota or Motorcraft (only two makes in my family)
          Bailey
          '02 X-9
          Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

I think ceramic is a given, but there are so many brands... Even Napa has several price levels of ceramic pads. Any brand preferences? Powerstop gets good reviews, they have a couple options I'd consider with the Z23 and Z36. Those of you who bought from RockAuto, which one did you go with?

Comment

I did the powerstop z36 with vented,slotted discs. I shopped rock auto and summit and summit was slightly cheaper with a discount code.

Very happy with the rotors and pads. Stock rotors were pretty much done, so anything would have been better.
              1997 PS 205

Comment

I have a Tundra and put Power Stop drilled and slotted rotors a Z36 extreme ceramic pads on and really like them.
                1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

I got mine from Auto anything.
                  1989 Prostar 190 351 sold
                  2008 Prostar 197 LY6

Comment

I am a fan of EBC brakes. I have had BMW and Mercedes-Benz both of which produce a lot of brake dust. EBC red makes a notable difference. They are not the cheapest pads.

https://ebcbrakes.com/ebc-brake-pad-...ol/#pad-result

Comment

I installed the ThermoQuiet from Wagner and have been pretty happy with dusting, squealing and the ability to stop
                      1981 MasterCraft
                      19' Skier 351W PowerSlot
                      Long gone is the Trans AM waiting for another

Comment

I'm very impressed with my Hawk SuperDuty pads. Excellent bite and stopping power. The only con is brake dust.

Comment

Working...
                        X