Ford Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Maverick

Putting in the tow vehicle section recognizing that an old Stars and Stripes would be about the max it could tow. Curious what the group thinks of this vehicle? Small unibody pickup. Hybrid drivetrain front wheel drive is the base drive train. Similar concept to the Honda Ridgeline, which is, for the most part, abhorred by the truck community.

Will the Maverick be successful? Probably not for this crowd, but in the general population?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

they have been talking about this on SkiTalk aka pugski for a few days. to me it looks like a copycat Honda Ridgeline.

Comment

40mpg around the city starting at 21k. I believe it will sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet they sell a ton of ‘em. The vast majority of trucks you see on the road having nothing in tow, and nothing in their bed… many of them never have or ever will. Some people just like having a “truck” but don’t need an F350 and can’t bring themselves to drop $70k+ on a new rig. I can’t see myself ever wanting one of these… but there’s a ton of folks out there that probably will… a lot of whom used to drive the older generation Rangers and S10’s, but have been without a comparable option from the big 3 for quite some time.

Comment

Ridgeline is abhorred by non-owners, but owners of them usually really like them. It fills a certain niche, which the Maverick will as well. I believe the Ridgeline is larger and more capable than the Maverick though.

Comment

Front wheel drive, Yuuccckkkk. Buy a Ranger instead.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
              I bet they sell a ton of ‘em.
              agreed

the all wheel drive one tows ~4000lb i think, will probably make a great replacement for the endless worn out subarus around here.
              tow something small, haul mtn bikes to the trail, some house work stuff. all while getting compact car fuel economy.
              seems like the front wheel drive low end setup is geared toward those small maintenance fleet trucks

Comment

ahhhhh the ford Maverick... the best of the best a three in the tree for me... ahhh the good old days......

Comment

They will sell as many as they can make. Urban trucks. Perfect for home depot runs for a few bags of mulch or some pine straw.

Comment

My sister had a Maverick back in high school.
                    Attached Files
                    “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

They will sell like hot cakes.

Dont even think about towing. Most of you think an F150 is barely enough for a Prostar 190 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Roman View Post
                        They will sell like hot cakes.

Dont even think about towing. Most of you think an F150 is barely enough for a Prostar 190 lol

4K will do a prostar. Braked axle and a tow controller would be a benefit.

Comment

I have a Ranger and F150 , and the Ranger is very capable for towing , especially since I am a Prostar guy not a big X Series tow dude.

That said, not sure the Maverick will do much for me , too small and 4K is more like the car based cross overs in truck capability.

It will appeal to some that need a smaller truck but I am really puzzled if this size is really going to do anything more than dilute Ranger and Bronco sales.

I have Ford model confusion now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
                          Ski in snow, ski in water, and always have fun!

2008 Prostar 214 MCX
                          1995 Prostar 190 "Evil Minion"
                          Previous 93 Prostar 190 1.5:1 GT40

"Left Foot Forward and preferring girls."
                          "Do you have Flake on that boat?"

Comment

Wasn't the maverick a piece of crap coupe?

Comment

Originally posted by Maristar210 View Post
                              Wasn't the maverick a piece of crap coupe?
                              Your showing your age
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Hoosier Bob
                              She always misses me and when I turn her on it is hard to turn her off! She is MC and she completes me! She is the first ride that wants it as much as I do!

Comment

Working...
                              X