No announcement yet.

Ford Maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the design of Maverick. It looks much better than the Hyundai Santa Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsumi View Post

Yep... it'll be useful for people that want something cheap and small to carry bulky items or items they wouldn't want to carry in the interior of a car....
      100% Agree. Coworker just bought one and the looks remind me of the Explorer Sport. 2 rows of seating, AWD, and a short bed for things that you don't want to put in the cab.
      Want to haul a load of mulch? Buy a utility trailer, everyone doesn't need to tow a boat.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	unnamed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	660.6 KB ID:	2701793
      “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Olaff View Post
        I was baffled by the comments on this thread. So I just went to the Ford website. O. M. G.
        The Mustang Mach E is promoted as a having "An impressive SUV interior with plenty of head and legroom".. !?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?
        They say "a convenient front trunk levels up your adventure game... perfect for everything from your shopping bags to muddy, post adventure gear".
        As a lifelong Ford loyalist, I have owned 3 F-series ('74 F-100, 2001 F-250, 2008 F-250) 3 Broncos ('89, '72, '74 1/2 Cab) 2 Expeditions, 2 Mustang GT's (both convertibles with 5-speed).
        I held on to my Ford Stock even through the $1.80 valuations in 2008.
        I have been waiting for 2 years for the release of the "New" Bronco.
        But I think they are starting to pi$$ me off. This is corporate Woke culture and insanity. I think I am ready to leave this World.
        remember when they said this house has character???????LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post
          Want to haul a load of mulch? Buy a utility trailer, everyone doesn't need to tow a boat.
          Ecoboost with tow package will pull my MasterCraft just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ahhudgins View Post

100% Agree. Coworker just bought one and the looks remind me of the Explorer Sport. 2 rows of seating, AWD, and a short bed for things that you don't want to put in the cab.
            Click image for larger version Name:	unnamed.jpg Views:	0 Size:	660.6 KB ID:	2701793
            This is actually the best description I've seen and the first thing I thought when I saw it. This version I think is much less capable than the old Sport Trac which could be had with the 4 wheel drive from the explorer, had a full frame and the venerable Ford 8.8" rear end.

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Rita View Post

You're right. I just don't understand naming a new compact FWD SUV after a mundane 2 door/4 door sedan from 50 years ago. I bet the intended market for the vehicle doesn't include my demographic.

Ford should have asked for my opinion first! LOL
              I kind of get what a lot of people here are saying about the naming thing. The new Mach 1 is a joke when compared to where the name originated and is less of a Mach 1 than the rereleased GTO was a GTO. Both were/are fast but deserving of the moniker? Probably not. Sort of like naming your new trans gender dance team Seal Team 6 (not that there's anything wrong with that ). Can you do it? In today's woke culture, sure why wouldn't you? I mean they have big guys in girl's sports these days, right? Do the records that are being broken in women's sports by dudes really mean anything? Nope, probably not. Makes about as much sense to me as naming of these new models with storied names from icon vehicles, or not so storied in the Maverick's case.

But am I upset about it? No, I actually think it's kind of entertaining. Can't wait for Dodge to release a scooter for the woke community called the Ram.

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post

I kind of get what a lot of people here are saying about the naming thing. The new Mach 1 is a joke when compared to where the name originated and is less of a Mach 1 than the rereleased GTO was a GTO. Both were/are fast but deserving of the moniker? Probably not. Sort of like naming your new trans gender dance team Seal Team 6 (not that there's anything wrong with that ). Can you do it? In today's woke culture, sure why wouldn't you? I mean they have big guys in girl's sports these days, right? Do the records that are being broken in women's sports by dudes really mean anything? Nope, probably not. Makes about as much sense to me as naming of these new models with storied names from icon vehicles, or not so storied in the Maverick's case.

But am I upset about it? No, I actually think it's kind of entertaining. Can't wait for Dodge to release a scooter for the woke community called the Ram.

You gonna be OK, BT? You went from automoiles to transgender sports faster than, er, uh, the Mach E GT.

Comment

Originally posted by moosehead View Post

You gonna be OK, BT? You went from automoiles to transgender sports faster than, er, uh, the Mach E GT.
                  Kinda went off the deep end there lol

I couldn’t get my hands on a maverick XL hybrid after searching for a long time. Ended up with a beater Mitsubishi until they catch back up.
                  Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                  Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:
                  2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post

This is actually the best description I've seen and the first thing I thought when I saw it. This version I think is much less capable than the old Sport Trac which could be had with the 4 wheel drive from the explorer, had a full frame and the venerable Ford 8.8" rear end.
                    I kept my 97 F150 as a second vehicle when I bought my 2017 F150. My wife has her van, so I could see myself dumping the old 97 and getting a Maverick as my commute to work vehicle (5 miles one way). I just wonder if we will every see gas prices under $3.00/gallon again.
                    “You realize your odds of winning the lottery are the same as being mauled by a polar bear and a regular bear in the same day”….E-Trade Baby.

Comment

Working...
                    X