Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodyear Ultraterrain?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Goodyear Ultraterrain?

    Anybody ever used these?

    I think they are new or newer. I don't recall seeing them before.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	GY UT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	2475864

  • #2
    i have them on my 3500 they are great no road noise and a solid traction performer. BUT I only have had them on for 10k miles. They appear to be wearing well so far.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by curver900 View Post
      i have them on my 3500 they are great no road noise and a solid traction performer. BUT I only have had them on for 10k miles. They appear to be wearing well so far.
      Did you choose them, or did they come with the truck?

      If you chose them, was there something that sold you?

      Comment


      • #4
        @CLRUSSELL is your man - he knows all!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by kscrib View Post
          @CLRUSSELL is your man - he knows all!
          Corbin, come on in, let's hear your thoughts on these.

          Comment


          • #6
            I ended up ordering a set of these Ultraterrains.

            If I decide I don't like them, I'll get rid of them and order Duratracs when they aren't on national backorder.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just saw this.

              I’ve been out of the game (here and tires)

              Honestly this is the first I’ve heard of them.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by clrussell View Post
                I just saw this.

                I’ve been out of the game (here and tires)

                Honestly this is the first I’ve heard of them.
                Hopefully you're busy doing fun stuff!

                Good to hear from ya bud.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
                  Hopefully you're busy doing fun stuff!

                  Good to hear from ya bud.
                  Saw him boat hopping at the Table Rock Reunion
                  2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
                  2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
                  Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

                  Originally posted by uplandbird
                  Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
                    Did you choose them, or did they come with the truck?

                    If you chose them, was there something that sold you?
                    I chose with some help after my issues with the Falcon tires (I really liked them) but they would not work on my particular truck some weird steering wheel oscillations.

                    Discount tire persuaded me to stay away from the more aggressive goodyear duratracks do to the problems they had on most of the heavy duty trucks and road noise.

                    the crappy tires that came on the truck only lasted about 26k miles..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by curver900 View Post
                      I chose with some help after my issues with the Falcon tires (I really liked them) but they would not work on my particular truck some weird steering wheel oscillations.

                      Discount tire persuaded me to stay away from the more aggressive goodyear duratracks do to the problems they had on most of the heavy duty trucks and road noise.

                      the crappy tires that came on the truck only lasted about 26k miles..
                      Thanks for the feedback!

                      Looking forward to getting these. The Jeep needs to lose the street treads badly.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by curver900 View Post
                        I chose with some help after my issues with the Falcon tires (I really liked them) but they would not work on my particular truck some weird steering wheel oscillations.

                        Discount tire persuaded me to stay away from the more aggressive goodyear duratracks do to the problems they had on most of the heavy duty trucks and road noise.

                        the crappy tires that came on the truck only lasted about 26k miles..
                        That's because Discount has an exclusive deal with Goodyear on these tires.
                        Problems with Duratracs and HD trucks was a line of bullchit or more kindly a sales pitch with no substance.

                        Never heard of these until this thread, but 5 min of research says, yeah they're AT tires, they're round, black and probably hold air fine and get good traction.
                        Kinda like Les Schwabs and their new "line" of tires, they are getting top $ for a tire that only they sell.
                        Big top name tire store gets to pimp their "own" tires and make more $ per tire than stocking and selling, whatever else.

                        I just used 35-12.5-20 as an example. And compare to a Duratrac (same tire mfg, same target audience/vehicles, similar style, aggressive AT tire).

                        Price:
                        Ultra $358
                        Dura $374

                        Tread depth:
                        Same

                        Load:
                        Ultra: 3195lbs (typical, lower tier light "heavy" duty tire, like Cooper Evo MTs)
                        Dura: 3640lbs

                        Not saying they are bad tires, but they do not appear to be a best value.

                        And they are a Discount tire "exclusive". Which means not available anywhere else, if you destroy one and there is generally more profit and less competition involved.
                        '06 X2 MCX

                        "I understand why some people may not want to do this the way I have recommended but I can't understand the death grip some people have on a toilet plunger with a hose fitting." -JimN

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          never heard of the Ultra ... not aggressive enough for my needs. I have been running Duratrac on several trucks (2500 diesel) and they wear well, minimal road noise (relative compared to others that aggressive) and I usually get around 45-50k miles with still enough tread to pass inspection, and re-sell to rock crawlers/pure off road (hunting) people for ~$50/each.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Thrall View Post
                            That's because Discount has an exclusive deal with Goodyear on these tires.
                            Problems with Duratracs and HD trucks was a line of bullchit or more kindly a sales pitch with no substance.

                            Never heard of these until this thread, but 5 min of research says, yeah they're AT tires, they're round, black and probably hold air fine and get good traction.
                            Kinda like Les Schwabs and their new "line" of tires, they are getting top $ for a tire that only they sell.
                            Big top name tire store gets to pimp their "own" tires and make more $ per tire than stocking and selling, whatever else.

                            I just used 35-12.5-20 as an example. And compare to a Duratrac (same tire mfg, same target audience/vehicles, similar style, aggressive AT tire).

                            Price:
                            Ultra $358
                            Dura $374

                            Tread depth:
                            Same

                            Load:
                            Ultra: 3195lbs (typical, lower tier light "heavy" duty tire, like Cooper Evo MTs)
                            Dura: 3640lbs

                            Not saying they are bad tires, but they do not appear to be a best value.

                            And they are a Discount tire "exclusive". Which means not available anywhere else, if you destroy one and there is generally more profit and less competition involved.

                            They ride great handle well and tow 10k without issues or concerns and they are wearing very well...

                            here the dura is $307
                            the ultra is $250... so that is $200 in my favor...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by pmkkdx View Post
                              never heard of the Ultra ... not aggressive enough for my needs. I have been running Duratrac on several trucks (2500 diesel) and they wear well, minimal road noise (relative compared to others that aggressive) and I usually get around 45-50k miles with still enough tread to pass inspection, and re-sell to rock crawlers/pure off road (hunting) people for ~$50/each.
                              I have Duratracs on my truck also. They seem to wear well and have good towing stability. On my next tire change, I'm planning to order the Ridge Grapplers from 4wheelonline. Just like the Duratrac, their tread design is more aggressive than a typical all-terrain tire.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X