HO Hovercraft ski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badinlake View Post
    Quick question - what rope are you guys using, wakeboard or ski?
    Either will work just fine IMO. Variables are boat speed and rope length (personal preferences).

Comment

Ski ropes for me, cannot stand wake handles just too wide and soft.

Comment

Going to pick one of these up tomorrow to toss in our X2 for playing and jumping. We slalom behind our prostar and we use double boot set ups. Question I have for those that have these is do you use rear boot or RTP? What would be preferred? My son thinks full boot would be better as with a wide ski like that you could have a fall where front foot stays in and cause an injury. What's the consensus on that?

Comment

The standard front boot releases in a fall easily, but has enough support to crank the ski if needed. The standard is RTP and I think you need it as I tend to lift my heel.

I'm considering making a plate to make my reflex work as a front boot though.

Just a word of advice on it, do not have any preconceptions about how it skis other than it's great and likes a slower speed.

Comment

Originally posted by chrislandy View Post
            The standard front boot releases in a fall easily, but has enough support to crank the ski if needed. The standard is RTP and I think you need it as I tend to lift my heel.

I'm considering making a plate to make my reflex work as a front boot though.

Just a word of advice on it, do not have any preconceptions about how it skis other than it's great and likes a slower speed.
            Thanks, I want it to jump the wakes the kids have me ballast up for them to wakeboard. I am not getting on a wakeboard lol and I think the surfing is lame. Slaloms are morning and evenings in the ski boat and I slalomed behind the x2 once. Not a great ski wake. I figure that hovercraft could eb a lot of fun around 18 to 20 mph and am leaning to rear boot for it. Don't like that direct connect as swapping bindings between different skis looks difficult

Comment

We have the RTP on ours.

The experts are using the RTP in demo video: https://youtu.be/tpqylqiI6Tw

Direct connect boot swap is a piece of cake, remove the bottom insole from inside the boot and it's 2 screws with a long Phillip's head. We do it all the time on the water since my daughter wears a size 5 women's shoe and my son a men's 11.

Also - you want to go as slow as possible when using this thing. If you go too fast it will lift the side fins out of the water and it feels like you're on hot butter. That's 15-17 for us in my unballasted 205V hull. Slower is better.
              2000 Prostar 205V

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
                We have the RTP on ours.

Direct connect boot swap is a piece of cake, remove the bottom insole from inside the boot and it's 2 screws with a long Phillip's head. We do it all the time on the water since my daughter wears a size 5 women's shoe and my son a men's 11.

Also - you want to go as slow as possible when using this thing. If you go too fast it will lift the side fins out of the water and it feels like you're on hot butter. That's 15-17 for us in my unballasted 205V hull. Slower is better.
                Thanks for info. I screwed up a week ago and put the non direct mount boots on an omni. Based on what you say about the swapping I am going to see if the shop will swap those for direct mount on that ski. It has only been used for two pulls.

Comment

Originally posted by dpb185 View Post
                  We have the RTP on ours.

DC is an easy swap, but my wife just wears a very thick wool sock when she uses ours with a mens binding. Slower is better for sure. I’m 61 and love getting out on the Hovercraft when the morning slalom water is gone.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	2764F9FF-3D9D-4DC9-9172-1D2762F686DE.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	2711726
                  My daughters boyfriend with no skiing or wakeboard experience got up on the first pull. I took our combos to play it again sports…

Comment

Working...
                  X