Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foilers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by wallos View Post
    Aric size of that foil and mast look fine. Must be the driver. LOL
    It’s the older version though…. Lol. Hang on let me see what wing is on it.



    Looks like it’s this mast - appears to be 24” - with this wing setup. Can’t find any info on it. I have the 2.0 board though.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MC25; 07-25-2021, 01:12 PM.
    -Aric

    LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
    https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

    2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

    Comment


    • #17
      Aric, that's different than the one I was checking out. 24" mast is fine. Board doesn't really matter once your up. I'm not familiar enough with liquid force foils to advise whether those foils are any good. Anything between 1100 and 1600 CM2 should give you plenty of lift. I started on 960 CM2 which worked but was not stable.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by wallos View Post
        Aric, that's different than the one I was checking out. 24" mast is fine. Board doesn't really matter once your up. I'm not familiar enough with liquid force foils to advise whether those foils are any good. Anything between 1100 and 1600 CM2 should give you plenty of lift. I started on 960 CM2 which worked but was not stable.
        Once I get home later I’ll see which one it is and report back. I’ve gotten decent at staying up on the foil but it still doesn’t seem like there is enough lift.
        Attached Files
        -Aric

        LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
        https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

        2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

        Comment


        • #19
          You should feel a ton of push from that wave. Your board looks like it has a lot of rocker so maybe that is messing with the angle of the front wing. They should be parallel. You can use shims if you need to. This was common with early foil boards.

          Or you may just be ready for a better foil so you can enjoy it more. Look at Armstrong or Axis. Axis can save some money as you can get an aluminum mast. Armstrong is all carbon and stellar design and construction. Carbon is lighter and floats which makes it easier to get up.

          Try moving mast forward and see that feels better before you do anything.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by wallos View Post
            You should feel a ton of push from that wave. Your board looks like it has a lot of rocker so maybe that is messing with the angle of the front wing. They should be parallel. You can use shims if you need to. This was common with early foil boards.

            Or you may just be ready for a better foil so you can enjoy it more. Look at Armstrong or Axis. Axis can save some money as you can get an aluminum mast. Armstrong is all carbon and stellar design and construction. Carbon is lighter and floats which makes it easier to get up.

            Try moving mast forward and see that feels better before you do anything.
            I would definitely agree I’m probably ready for a better one. However, not at $1700. Lol
            -Aric

            LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
            https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

            2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by MC25 View Post
              I would definitely agree I’m probably ready for a better one. However, not at $1700. Lol
              Isn't that like the cost of a good mirror on these boats? haha

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by wallos View Post
                Isn't that like the cost of a good mirror on these boats? haha
                If I didn’t want a soulcraft surf board, I’d probably take the plunge lol
                -Aric

                LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

                2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by airwear View Post
                  It has taken over our boating time, so much fun and doesn't require a huge wake.
                  SIIICK!!!
                  Im mostly up in Huntsville on lake vernon, where are you guys

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Here’s a pic of it.
                    Attached Files
                    -Aric

                    LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2021
                    https://www.lonestarmasterbash.com/

                    2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                      If I didn’t want a soulcraft surf board, I’d probably take the plunge lol
                      Yeah get a soulcraft 1st!!

                      Picture of board looks like your rear wing is really big. Maybe just camera angle?

                      If you get around to upgrading check out Gong foils. They only sell direct. Really good prices on full carbon. They are in France so shipping is high and they always sell out before they even start shipping. Email them or place order and they will send you a quote and delivery time. Prices include VAT so you get that discounted from price. Best to order in off season so you can be patient. Really nice designs. Here is a link of designer/owner explaining more than you need to know about his foil designs. Oh yeah it's in french with sub-titles and over an hour long! Lol. 1st 15 min was enough for me and I love to geek out on this stuff. Plus He's got the full ZZ Top facial going on.

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyDYcIhdW60&t=1s
                      Attached Files

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Demoed a Lift efoil today for my 64th birthday. I've been really getting into foiling behind the boat and wondered how it would compare. I like the feeling of riding the wave better but being able to go out anytime and as often as I want is a huge plus. I just started getting to where foiling feels like surfing so definitely want to keep riding behind the boat. The efoil was really fun even tho I was just getting used to it. Can do some insane carves in glassy water. I'm absolutely getting one next spring!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Go baby go.. on the foil.

                          Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by airwear View Post
                            It has taken over our boating time, so much fun and doesn't require a huge wake.
                            Can I understand? Is the forward "motive force" for theses foils the pressure wave from the boat?

                            Do you start with a rope and then the wake takes over? I am just not sure where the energy is coming from?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by eurosysytem0 View Post
                              Can I understand? Is the forward "motive force" for theses foils the pressure wave from the boat?

                              Do you start with a rope and then the wake takes over? I am just not sure where the energy is coming from?
                              Same principles as surfing except can work with much less push, smaller wakes. Easiest way to start is with a rope (discussed earlier in post). Get used to getting on foil and then get in wave and toss the rope. Very easy to stay on the wave once you're used to being on foil.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                https://www.instagram.com/p/CUrmwcHIkHW/

                                Check out some nice wake foiling!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X