• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brucemac
    MC Maniac
    • Feb 2008

help finding new mainline

so one thing on my list of things to do this winter is to pick up a new mainline.

we're really still beginners and the 80ft accurate a-line we have is just too long even with the take-offs off it puts us at 70ft. i wish it had one more take off because at our current riding speed another 5ft closer would put us in the sweet spot and help us with w2w.

so what i'm looking for is a suggestion for a similar line that can go down to 60ft which would put us at 65ft with handle.

we're currently riding at 70ft at 21-22mph (and no, we're not ready to ride faster!) the wake is just a little too wide at this speed and we're only making it about half or 3/4 of the way accross.

so if anybody can recommend a good line that will go down to 60ft without take-offs, i'd appreciate it. looking at the accurate x-line as a possiblity. also if you know a good place to pick one up over the winter, i'd appreciate a tip.

tia
    ¡Viva 205V!
    2003 X2 MCX
  • No Skeez
    TT Enthusiast
    • Sep 2006

Check out the Straightline TX Mainline here: http://slsports.com/wake/ropes/tx.html
    It's been very popular for people in your same situation.

Hope this helps!

Comment

• Fletchx7
      TT Enthusiast
      • Aug 2008

I have the Straight Line 65' U Line Wakeboard Line. I bought it from Bartswatersports.com for $65 after my Proline snapped. I have only used it once, but seems ok.

2002 X7 (Current)

1988 Tristar 190 Open Bow (Old)

Comment

• coz
        MC Maniac
        • Dec 2007

Bullet Lines Thermal Coated Spectra Wakeboard Rope - Wakeboard Ropes

Comment

• brucemac
          MC Maniac
          • Feb 2008

thanks guys....ha ha coz!!! you caught me!
          ¡Viva 205V!
          2003 X2 MCX

Comment

• coz
            MC Maniac
            • Dec 2007

:
            Originally posted by brucemac View Post
            thanks guys....ha ha coz!!! you caught me!

Comment

• ttu
              MC Addict
              • Jun 2005

bulletline makes a great product for a good price. coz, you beat me to it this time.

Comment

• OhioX14
                TT Enthusiast
                • Sep 2005

I will never own another Straightline slalom line. Everyone I've owned has issues twisting when coiled. The Accurate lines simply don't do this. We need a new one this off season as well and it's going to be an Accurate.

Comment

• ncsone
                  MC Fanatic
                  • Dec 2007

I bought a new Masterline mainline and handle this summer as the old one was getting, well, old. It is awesome. The build quality is second to none. This thing looks like it is going to last a long time.
                  2005 ProStar 197TT, #28 of 100

Broken Bow, OK vacation cabin for rent -
                  www.sipnskicabin.com

Comment

• vision
                    MC Devotee
                    • Jun 2006

The coated LF vision line goes down to 55ft and is a nice line. On sale at Greenhouse Ride shop for around $70.

But for shortening, I have excellent success simply use a wrapped loop. I am sure this is not the correct name. It is not a knot per se. You can shorten any line on the fly in a second and then release it. Although it works better with the uncoated lines. There were some excellent descriptions of the loop on WakeWorld years ago.

PM and I can try to give a description of the loop/knot if anyone is interested.
                    2008 X star, 2005 X2

Comment

Working...
                    X