Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chriscraftmatt1976

Am I the last wake skater, or what?

any other skaters out there? how bout some pics?!
    Attached Files
  • Traxx822
    MC Devotee
    • Jul 2012

I bought a board once on eBay. Then the seller refunded my money and never sent it. I really want to try. Some of my friends skate and want to try as well. Just need a board.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic
    When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
    1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

• AlbertaSurfer
      MC Devotee
      • May 2013

I've got an old hyperlite skate I'll sell ya, haven't used it in years. It's wood with real grip tape, so you'll need shoes. I dislocated my left hip on a wake to wake kick flip attempt years ago and stopped riding it. Apparently landing with one foot on the deck and one in the water hurts... Bad

Pay the shipping an you can have it.

Comment

• Traxx822
        MC Devotee
        • Jul 2012

Originally posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
        I've got an old hyperlite skate I'll sell ya, haven't used it in years. It's wood with real grip tape, so you'll need shoes. I dislocated my left hip on a wake to wake kick flip attempt years ago and stopped riding it. Apparently landing with one foot on the deck and one in the water hurts... Bad

Pay the shipping an you can have it.
        Sold man. Pm sent and I'll be throwing up pics to this thread soon.

sigpic
        When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
        1 Corinthians Chapter 13 - 11

Comment

• dvsone79
          MC Devotee
          • Jul 2012

I found a 40" LF Faction (?) wake skate on eBay 3 or 4 years ago that I scored for about $40 shipped. It's fun. I think I'd like a longer board. I like the loose feel though. I definitely don't like it in choppy water. I've only done lip slides, no wake jumps yet. I only end up riding it about once or twice a year. But it is a nice change of pace when the water is right and I want to mix things up.

Comment

• coz
            MC Maniac
            • Dec 2007

Nope, we do it in the desert too http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=38101

>> http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...ad.php?t=31126

Comment

• CruisinGA
              MC Maniac
              • Jun 2009

Ill bust it out every once in awhile when the water isn't footable and I'm too tired to wakeboard.
              Bailey
              '02 X-9
              Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

• sand2snow22
                MC Maniac
                • Aug 2005

I have a remote wakeskate in the garage. Still in the plastic
                www.nwboatsports.com
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/NW-Bo...27792007306783

Comment

• onewheat
                  MC Fanatic
                  • Mar 2007

I've never even seen anyone wakeskate, except on YouTube. I don't know anyone that does it and I know a LOT of people on the lake.
                  onewheat

2013 X-25

Comment

• madcityskier
                    MC Devotee
                    • Sep 2008

I was in one last weekend. Wouldn't say I rode it, but I did stand on it.
                    I spent most of my money on booze, broads and boats. The rest I wasted. - Elmore Leonard
                    I had always thought that there was nothing quite so sad as an abandoned boat.-Terry Hayes

Comment

• chriscraftmatt1976

Originally posted by madcityskier View Post
                      I was in one last weekend. Wouldn't say I rode it, but I did stand on it.
                      you did great for someone that's never rode one, and without shoes no less.

Yeah, i don't know many people who skate. I had a hard core crew of about 4 guys, but they've all moved away, so i'm the last one standing. We could get pretty rad for a while. I've pulled off a wake to wake big spin and shuv before, but now just getting up and riding around makes me sore! what a drag it is getting old...

Comment

• chriscraftmatt1976

Originally posted by Traxx822 View Post
                        Sold man. Pm sent and I'll be throwing up pics to this thread soon.

h3ll yeah....

Comment

• chriscraftmatt1976

Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
                          I found a 40" LF Faction (?) wake skate on eBay 3 or 4 years ago that I scored for about $40 shipped. It's fun. I think I'd like a longer board. I like the loose feel though. I definitely don't like it in choppy water. I've only done lip slides, no wake jumps yet. I only end up riding it about once or twice a year. But it is a nice change of pace when the water is right and I want to mix things up.
                          what's your height/weight. I prefer the longer boards too, being about 6'2.

wake to wake jumps on a skate are something else. i didn't attempt any my first time out this year. i've eaten it pretty hard before trying wake to wake tricks, and that's not gonna help somebody my age get to work on monday. especially behind a loaded up wake boat. pulling hard into a wake that size on a skate will make ya think! it'll make boarding seem a lot easier though...

Comment

• Dylan
                            MC Devotee
                            • Mar 2010

Picked one up from a friend a while ago. My friends like it, but I'm still a little leary after an epic fall. Was running a narrow channel behind the boat, came to the end and the boat needed to turn around in a narrow area. I swung to the outside hoping to get a slingshot, and it worked too well! Came around super fast, stuck the nose and did an epic faceplant. That was the last time I rode it, haha!

Comment

• Cary K.
                              MC Fanatic
                              • Dec 2004

I have been wakeskating for quite a while now. The freedom of not being strapped in is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X