Shots from today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shots from today

Some shots of a friend of mine from today. He's going to be out for 6 weeks due to surgery on his elbow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0165 (Large).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	2441057

Name:	DSC_0170 (Large).jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	2441058

Name:	DSC_0183 (Large).jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	2441059

Name:	DSC_0184 (Large).jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	2441060

Tomorrow is "rinse and repeat" for me...
    I love to travel, but hate to arrive. ~~ A. Einstein
    ---
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
    ---
    My wakeboard is calling, and I must go ride! ~~ Me
    ---
    It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie

Awesome shots!!

Comment

Not every jump went well...

Name:	DSC_0234 (Large).jpg
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	2342881

Name:	DSC_0195 (Large).jpg
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	2342882

I do like how the back lit pictures turned out...

Name:	DSC_0154 (Large).jpg
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	2342883
      ---
      Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, Wow! What a Ride! ~~ Hunter S. Thompson
      ---
      ---
      It is better to light one small candle than to curse the darkness. ~~ Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Very nice!!
        2012 MC X-25

Comment

saweet - good luck and good skill wishes for surgeon.. and a quick recovery.. ! Nice pics...
          sigpic...A bad day water skiing still beats a good day at work...1995 Pro Star 205....

Comment

Yesterday it started out a bit foggy but ended quite nicely.
            Attached Files
            ---
            ---
            ---

Comment

Nice what's the temp of air and water there now?
              2012 MC X-25

Comment

Water was 57. Air was around mid to upper sixties but the sun made its appearance so we were in tee shirts by mid afternoon. I was comfortable in my 4/3 wetsuit.
                ---
                ---
                ---

Comment

wake is looking good! hows the flexibility with the 4/3???
                  Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                  Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:
                  2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I'm at the point where the wake only needs a bit of fine tuning. A bit more lead bags for the rear and I think that will be it.

The 4/3 wetsuits with the new materials are ultra flexible and you feel dang near dry in them. I ended up with an O'Neill Heat and I'm very happy with it. My 3/2 Bare has rubber dams at the wrists and ankles where the O'Neill does. But since the sleeves and legs are narrow enough, they are not needed.
                    ---
                    ---
                    ---

Comment

Oh, I noticed that the wake has a bit more lip just behind where I hit it - looking forward to letting the rope out a bit more. I think I'm going to add 2.5' sections one at a time.
                      ---
                      ---
                      ---

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBoatN View Post
                        I'm at the point where the wake only needs a bit of fine tuning. A bit more lead bags for the rear and I think that will be it.

The 4/3 wetsuits with the new materials are ultra flexible and you feel dang near dry in them. I ended up with an O'Neill Heat and I'm very happy with it. My 3/2 Bare has rubber dams at the wrists and ankles where the O'Neill does. But since the sleeves and legs are narrow enough, they are not needed.
                        BTW, a good review of that wetsuit at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yAEJHGQm-A.
                        ---
                        ---
                        ---

Comment

Some shots from yesterday actually. Sun never broke through but riding was good. Go to try out the Psycho 1.5mm gloves - love them as almost dry hands and not too much additional effort to hold handle.

Been meaning to get a picture like this but I need to get more height. I'd like to get something like that I'm up on top of the bridge deck but I just do go that high.

Name:	uvs150118-001.jpg
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	2343808

Now only if I can reach down and grab the board...

Name:	uvs150118-002.jpg
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	2343809

I guess I be working in photoshop a little later today.
                          ---
                          ---
                          ---

Comment

Looks like the delta is treating you guys good. Looks like so much fun

Comment

Man, I surf in a 4/3 on Vancouver Island in February and there's snow on the ground half the time... I couldn't imagine being towed behind a boat on a wakeboard in my O'neill Mutant. Geeze, Canada sucks... It was 40* here today and I had a tank top on, get me out of here!

Comment

Working...
                              X