replied
    57° and pure glass, last set of the season
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• osmonet
    replied
    Originally posted by swatguy View Post
    Unfortunately 90% work related.

I’ve only had one knee( triad acl /mcl /pcl) way back in 2003ish from wakeboarding . I was dumb drove to my buddy’s cottage early morning after work. Jumped out of car , strapped on the board went for set , and was hitting few double ups each turn. I didn’t stretch or warm up. Landed my 4th double up clean , felt small tweak and before I knew it swelled up like a softball. Weirdest thing. No wreck , no hard crash nothing. Just landed in the flats. Rest are unfortunately hazards of the job in a big city dealing with the most violent of violent individuals.

2 rt knee reconstructions
    1 left knee recon
    3 shoulder recons ( same shoulder )
    2 hip surgeries
    fractured skull
    couple brain injuries.
    3 separate instances of torn ligaments in my hands
    few broken noses
    and more than handlful of missing teeth from fights and wrecks.
    shot in my right forearm.

My two scariest ones ,

Was tossed /jumped out of Car in a drug deal gone bad at 70mph

hit by drunk driver while I was stationary at a red light that was doing about 80-90mph.

I’ve unfortunately been put back together more than I want to admit and i am pretty sure i am Out of all 9 lives. The lake, mountains , as well as ice hockey are my time to escape . Don’t know how my wife and kids do it. But they’ve always been rockstars helping me battle through everything.
    Damn Swat! With all that hardware, I'd think by now you're a terminator.

All kidding aside, glad you're back in the game and feeling better

Leave a comment:

• tmacx2
    replied
    I decided to pull the plug on the season. I have a new grandson arriving next week The weather also has been bad and doesn't look like it's going to get any better. Water temp has cooled off 15 degrees in 2 weeks. Right around 60 degrees now. Since I landed the first 360 I was only able to ride 2 more times but landed one each time so totally psyched for next season. Last time I had the boat out I didn't ride but taught my neighbor and 3 neighbor kids how to wakeboard. Every time I see my neighbor he says all the kids talk about is wakeboarding. Trying to do my part to keep wakeboarding alive!

Leave a comment:

• mike koen
    replied
    Grandson mastered wake to wake 360 successfully in the spring on Valhalla wake board. The youngest one on a SOZO knee board wake to wake 360.Their mother took the pictures , I was driving and smiling !!

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    replied
    Seems the flats is where most people blow their knees out. Seen it happen to a couple of buddies. One buddy had no wipe out he just felt a pop and my other buddy his legs just noodled on a big w2w jump and he even broke a chunk of his femer bone off at the knee. Man your job is about as hardcore as it gets. I like reading your posts on here and Planet Nautique so stay safe dude.

Leave a comment:

• swatguy
    replied
    Unfortunately 90% work related.

I’ve only had one knee( triad acl /mcl /pcl) way back in 2003ish from wakeboarding . I was dumb drove to my buddy’s cottage early morning after work. Jumped out of car , strapped on the board went for set , and was hitting few double ups each turn. I didn’t stretch or warm up. Landed my 4th double up clean , felt small tweak and before I knew it swelled up like a softball. Weirdest thing. No wreck , no hard crash nothing. Just landed in the flats. Rest are unfortunately hazards of the job in a big city dealing with the most violent of violent individuals.

2 rt knee reconstructions
    1 left knee recon
    3 shoulder recons ( same shoulder )
    2 hip surgeries
    fractured skull
    couple brain injuries.
    3 separate instances of torn ligaments in my hands
    few broken noses
    and more than handlful of missing teeth from fights and wrecks.
    shot in my right forearm.

My two scariest ones ,

Was tossed /jumped out of Car in a drug deal gone bad at 70mph

hit by drunk driver while I was stationary at a red light that was doing about 80-90mph.

I’ve unfortunately been put back together more than I want to admit and i am pretty sure i am Out of all 9 lives. The lake, mountains , as well as ice hockey are my time to escape . Don’t know how my wife and kids do it. But they’ve always been rockstars helping me battle through everything.

Leave a comment:

• gwozhog
    replied
    Originally posted by swatguy View Post
    Nice. It took me while at 44 to get back to pushing it and start charging after my hip surgery last summer , but I found some inspiration due to some new neighbors and my daughters boyfriend picking it up. My riding right now is probably the best it’s been in 3 yrs . I plateaued and really was just going through the motions , but as mentioned some new neighbors and couple other new riders gave me the extra push.
    Wowzah I was looking at your long list of surgeries. Are they all wakeboard related?

Leave a comment:

• swatguy
    replied
    Nice. It took me while at 44 to get back to pushing it and start charging after my hip surgery last summer , but I found some inspiration due to some new neighbors and my daughters boyfriend picking it up. My riding right now is probably the best it’s been in 3 yrs . I plateaued and really was just going through the motions , but as mentioned some new neighbors and couple other new riders gave me the extra push.

Leave a comment:

• tmacx2
    replied
    ^ that's awesome! I posted earlier in the thread about trying to land a 360. I've landed a couple in the past but not recently. I didn't try them very much this year until last week and have been working on it every time out. I ride 3-5x/week depending on weather, etc. I've been working on not being back foot heavy or spinning too early. I was having a lot of trouble with being off axis. I finally landed one tonight. Stoked! I've been super close on a bunch of others too. I'm going to keep working on it and try and get consistent with it. I'll try and get some video evidence as well. I like the inspiration I get from this thread.

Leave a comment:

• swatguy
    replied
    I am
    coming off 2 major hip surgeries last year so didn’t get to ride at all. 45 , (2)knee recons , 3 shoulder recons , and a double hip , and still 80% wakeboarding. I’ve slowed down from 23.7 to 23 and taken the rope in from 80 to 75. I may try and take that as low as 22.5. It’s harder than I thought it would be trying to adjust to the slower speed and shorter length. My progression is no more and I just ride to ride these days in order to put all the youngins on notice. My oldest daughter 18 has had a wakeboarding resurgence after a 2yr hiatus of surf only, youngest (16) still won’t come back to boarding, and the wife is still 100% wake with 0 surf . Was happy to still get upside down for the BR , tantrum , and scarecrow , first day out. Then I rattled myself on a 360 to front edge catch, face smack, welcome back to the lake been out only about 3 more times as my work schedule is killing me with a 23 day straight rotation.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jewbacca
    replied
    For the 205V? That sounds about right without weight. This was my first test with the added ballast, and it looked like I'll need 21+ to keep it clean. The wind came up big time right after this pic, so I had to dump ballast before I could ride it. Could use a little more in the nose. I'm split about 65/35 right now.

Leave a comment:

• lakedrum03
    replied
    What speed does your wake clean up? On mine, its right at 18 mph without weight and about 19.5 with weight.

Leave a comment:

• jewbacca
    replied
    Reviving the thread. Summer of George is on, will not be complete until a backroll and 360 are landed. Added a little weight to boat to help out. This is just over 2000lbs now in the 205V:

Click image for larger version  Name:	U4mpnfy.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,012.2 KB ID:	2706701

Leave a comment:

• bcd
    replied
    Thanks, I'm normally at 70' 23 mph. I've been trying at 50-55' and 18 mph, but no matter how much I try coming off my edge and ollie at the wake, I can't seem to get over the line tension. I'll have to give it a go at 70'. I've been doing them on the start up roller during normal riding and have been doing surface spins to blind, but haven't gotten the ollie to blind the few I've tried.

Different topic (still wakeboarding), but my buddy has a cousin that lives in Florida that comes up every summer for a week. I took him out wakeboarding this year behind my boat, which is part of my motivation to get the blind landing. Anyway, he just sent my buddy a video of him landing his first double at the cable park.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mpabreo
    replied
    Originally posted by bcd View Post
    I'm getting inside out blind 180s now, but haven't gotten wake to wake. I've been doing 18 mph and short rope, and the line tension has been my issue. I'm going to focus on a good ollie pop next time to get rid of the tension and hopefully get it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    Remember, shorter line lengths result in more line tension. If you're comfortable inside out, try outside in, do them off the startup roller, also ollie bs 180s in the flats and try to ride for a bit. When you can do all those, take it w2w at your normal line length/speed (assuming that's 70+ft). If you ride shorter, try a longer line with adjusted speed for a comfortable wake width. Heck, I've used 80' lines for learning blind landings. The ultra low line tension gives you time to react and not catch an edge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X