Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wake Surfing Pictures... Let's See 'Em

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jixxxer View Post
    Coz, what kind of weight and speed r u using for surfing?
    See that roll hanging over those board shorts? that's our big-d fat sac hanging off the back of the boat

    Seriously we just use people and around 8-10 mph

    Comment


    • Here are a few pics from this weekend.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • your board??? Shred Stixx? size and model? How do you like....probably stupid question.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by turbosdad View Post
          your board??? Shred Stixx? size and model? How do you like....probably stupid question.
          Yes it is my son's board. it is a Custom Shredd Stixx Hazen Competition Model. We really like it....Its the quad fin setup and its really fast and light. . . .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by PWTXstar View Post
            Yes it is my son's board. it is a Custom Shredd Stixx Hazen Competition Model. We really like it....Its the quad fin setup and its really fast and light. . . .

            Nice board for sure.

            How is that X-Star weighted?

            What speed you guys run?


            Awsome pics.

            Thanks
            learning to catch air...

            Comment


            • 2008 X35...great surf boat
              Attached Files
              "You do realize that a nutless monkey could do your job"

              Les Grossman

              Comment


              • MYMC, I think this pic would be better off in the swimsuit thread, nobody will look the surf wave. Of course more pictures may help.
                2006, X-45, Acme 1285, X-Star ballast, Heater, Shower,

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ridesdirt View Post
                  Nice board for sure.

                  How is that X-Star weighted?

                  What speed you guys run?


                  Awsome pics.

                  Thanks
                  Thanks......We have the Fly High Ballast System installed plus extra 400# under passenger seat and another 400# in seat. With no-one else on the boat I will add another 400# on the swim platform.

                  For "regular" side wake I have the best results when I fill Stock Port and Center Ballast, Port FlyHigh (750 in the port locker) and both FlyHigh 350's in the bow. As I said above, then I fill the 400 under the passenger seat, 400 in the seat, and 400 on swim platform.

                  We surf between 12.5 and 13.5. I have also found that I maintain a better wave running the Perfect Pass in RPM Mode.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MYMC View Post
                    2008 X35...great surf boat
                    I thought the X35 would make a good wave.....any more pics?

                    Comment


                    • Thanks for the info.

                      My son just started surfing. We have only been twice, second time out he rode for 10 minutes without the rope. He was pumped. I don't have quit that much ballast, but we are getting there. Right now he has ridden the stock rear and center ballast. I have a 750 sack for the rear locker and 400 for the passenger locker. We will be filling them up this week.

                      I am going to try speeding it up, fastest we have tried is 11.0. Check on the rpm mode, will be trying that also.
                      learning to catch air...

                      Comment


                      • WAKE Surfing At Table Rock Lake MO

                        [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Greg Surfing.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	2278070[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]ME and my family.
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                        • Two for the price of one.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	twins1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	2278071

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	twins2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	2278072
                          2014 Red/White X-10 with silver flake stripe
                          Buckeye Boat

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ridesdirt View Post
                            Thanks for the info.

                            My son just started surfing. We have only been twice, second time out he rode for 10 minutes without the rope. He was pumped. I don't have quit that much ballast, but we are getting there. Right now he has ridden the stock rear and center ballast. I have a 750 sack for the rear locker and 400 for the passenger locker. We will be filling them up this week.

                            I am going to try speeding it up, fastest we have tried is 11.0. Check on the rpm mode, will be trying that also.
                            Let me know how that works for you. I really had to experiment a lot to get my X-Star dialed in just right for a good surf wake. I also found that I change the speed quite a bit for different riders. My daughter is 11 and she rides better slower with a larger wave. When my son rides I speed up, which makes the wave longer and gives him more of a face on the wave to work with for tricks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by PWTXstar View Post
                              I thought the X35 would make a good wave.....any more pics?
                              Here ya go...it helps the wave if you sneak up on the speed...overshoot and it is never as nice since the boat won't sink back down.
                              Attached Files
                              "You do realize that a nutless monkey could do your job"

                              Les Grossman

                              Comment


                              • And in bikini mode...
                                Attached Files
                                "You do realize that a nutless monkey could do your job"

                                Les Grossman

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X