• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wallos
    TT Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

Longboard wakesurfing

Any tips on using a longboard wakesurfing. I've got a friend wanting to give it a try on an 11 footer. Planning on having him start from knees. 250 lb experienced surfer.
  • GatorBaitWake
    TT Enthusiast
    • Dec 2021

Oh man. Just make sure you start him at like 12mph to keep that torpedo away from the boat! And tell him to cut out right away so he can get away from the wave and then come back in once he gets stable on the board.

Comment

• tchur1
      TT Enthusiast
      • Mar 2021

I ride my 7' ocean board all the time and its a blast. We run at 12.2 MPH on the steepest setting and it makes the wave super long. I have ridden as long as a 10' behind my boat and can get up like I would any other wakesurf board. I have also started on my stomach but its pretty easy to start like you would on a normal wakesurf board. These ocean boards are really fast but very slow from edge to edge so just dont expect to make any crazy sharp hacks and youll have a blast. I can ride like 35' behond the boat without much worry.

Let us know how it goes!

Comment

• wallos
        TT Enthusiast
        • Oct 2017

Tchur, Original plan was to use a 8' fun shape board but my (other) buddy worried about getting 250lb+ footprints in his deck. 11' will be kinda long for the X20 that has a typically shorter wave than a X-star. I can lengthen the wave some with speed and bow weight. Water is warm so no reason not to try stupid stuff. : )

Gator, 11'er not going to leave much room for error but not worried about him shooting board into boat. Ocean longboarder who doesn't use a leash so other than trying get the pocket big enough what can go wrong?

Comment

• theboardingschool
          TT Hero
          • Feb 2015

I have been using an 8’ foam top behind my X-Star. It’s so much fun. Using the right 3 setting, but bumping up to 12.2mph. Wave is really long.

The kids love it as well. We’ll have 3 at a time going. Just old school fun on the water.

Comment

Working...
          X