X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
    100% subjective.

Some people like a very steep and short wake and others like a long less steep wake and others like a lot of push in the back or less in the back and more in the front. I could go on and on about how subjective a surf wake is. We haven't even taken into account the type of board vs the type of wake.
    Wow, I'm going to say it.....I agree with you. Wakes are subjective. I've told people when working shows, wakes are a matter of taste, go and ski it before you buy it.
    2003 ProStar 197, MCX and Powerslot.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson
    "Freedom is beneficial to everyone equally" - Ron Paul
    FJB

Comment

Originally posted by lashburn1 View Post
      ^^^ hilarious?
      A 2014 x30 with G-2 sold for $93,000 at my dealer
      A 2014 G23 Street price is between 115 and $118,000

In my world that is quite a price difference.

Once again if you read my quote... I am not stating that's why they chose the two boats ....I am asking if that's why they chose the two boats....
      G23 and X30 aren't the same boat, straight across. Now the X23 however, will be, and will be priced right in line with the G Series, with the X20 currently being priced at the same level as a G21.

The G series boats are selling, and I have a hard time believing that the market share held by Malibu and MasterCraft is so far ahead that Nautique wasn't considered for the silly test based on that. I'm more leaning towards them not being included because they didn't have access to one. I'm not claiming it would have won all categories or anything, just that I don't think Nautique is that far behind in sales.

Comment

Originally posted by CantRepeat View Post
        100% subjective.

Some people like a very steep and short wake and others like a long less steep wake and others like a lot of push in the back or less in the back and more in the front. I could go on and on about how subjective a surf wake is. We haven't even taken into account the type of board vs the type of wake.
        Good point.

It's funny that all of the data compiled in the test pretty much goes out the window considering everyone who owns a boat, and surfs, will always be putting more weight in it in search of "more". Sure, Gen 2 allows "cross overs" (I fail to see the point) and allows surfing without listing the boat, but after 2 rides, people will always return to the "imagine if we put an extra 1100lb bag in the corner?!"

Fun test, and good for winter banter between Team Talk members, but pretty pointless really.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaSurfer View Post
          Good point.

It's funny that all of the data compiled in the test pretty much goes out the window considering everyone who owns a boat, and surfs, will always be putting more weight in it in search of "more". Sure, Gen 2 allows "cross overs" (I fail to see the point) and allows surfing without listing the boat, but after 2 rides, people will always return to the "imagine if we put an extra 1100lb bag in the corner?!"

Fun test, and good for winter banter between Team Talk members, but pretty pointless really.
          From a surfer's prospective it does seem pretty pointless. I think some boaters like the ease of use with the tabs.

From a marketing stand point it serves it's purpose to those people that don't want to mess with making the best surf wake a particular boat has to offer.
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Message Deleted
            uplandbird
            MC Devotee
            Last edited by uplandbird; 10-28-2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uplandbird View Post
              Message Deleted
              Smart move.
              -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by WhoWantsChili View Post
                Price, now there is something that is subjective... not even considered in the analysis!

I will lose all credibility when I say perhaps they should have considered 'green' -ness, how much of these things are built with recycled materials, how much energy did it consume in manufacture, how recyclable are they at end of life (like that would ever happen...)

Oh wait... these are questions that would need manufacturer involvement or industry involvement....

p.s. Thanks Capt for the link in the first place, loved it!
                Isn't price objective where as something like color preference is subjective?

Comment

Cool. This is what I was looking for

Comment

Originally posted by Monika El View Post
                    Cool. This is what I was looking for
                    What a place to drop some bull**** spam on a bunch of people that don't want to see it?

Reported and you other 33 accounts too Karen!!
                    -Tim

Comment

Working...
                    X