No announcement yet.

DIY Wake Surf Shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I'm having the same issue. I have the Slim version. The wave is decently tall, but curves away from the boat pretty quickly, so there's not much room to ride

Comment

• Originally posted by gweaver View Post
      Hmmm. I may have to try that this summer- I've got one I built and one I bought. Never been really happy with my wave though. It gets really tall, but not very long, not much push. Maybe a second suckgate will help.
      Thanks for posting that!

G
      try moving the gate forward about 18" from the rear and add couple hundred pound up front

Comment

• ok. I've added bags in the front, additional 500lb. I'll try moving the gate forward. Right now it's as far back as I can get it

Comment

• Originally posted by snork View Post
          try moving the gate forward about 18" from the rear and add couple hundred pound up front
          Will do, but I'm pretty loaded up as it is. 1250 in each rear locker, 300 KGB, 750 bow. I've played with shifting weight around- full bow, rears about 1/2 full, etc. Just can't seem to get much push. Right now, I think I put the gate as far back as I can get it. If/when the boat launches here open, I'll try moving it forward some, see how that goes.

FWIW, we don't usually take many people with us, so I don't have much in the way of human ballast to move around. I have thought about getting another 300-500 bag to put in the walkway, or maybe under the seats on the port side, but I don't think my wife would be really happy about having to walk around/over a big ballast bag.

G

Comment

• Originally posted by SWELL Wakesurf View Post
            Cookster22. We just launched a new line of wake shapers and are looking for some pics and other marketing stuff. If you could help us out we can hook you up. Message me and let’s chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just sent DM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Do you have a picture of where you mounted on the boat? I have a 210 vrs as well. Which suckgate design did you go with?

Comment

• I've got a 2001 Maristar 210. I have the 640 lb wakemakers bags and have found them to be plenty of weight for this boat, they also leave room for dual batteries on 1 side and my cooler in the other. I also have 250 lb's of shot bags up in the nose from wake ballast. Generally a mostly full fuel tank, 3-5 people with the surf side rear bag full and the non-surf side bag 1/2 full works well.

I've used 2 different suck-gates, they help throw a decent wake but are a PIA to keep on the boat sometimes and last about 1 season. I've recently made a couple swim deck mounted wake shapers from scrap wood, first one was too divergent and did about as much harm as good.

I was just using scrap wood and testing out ideas, it only took 15 minutes to trim the first one down and see what a very small divergent angle would do. The force of the water mostly holds it in place but I used the straps to keep it there and not scratch my boat.

The above surfing pics are with the swim deck mounted shaper, I was getting the same wave as far as I could tell from the suction cup shaper to the side of the boat. Biggest difference I noticed was the boat surfed the same but 200 RPM's lower with the swim deck mounted shaper and a fraction of the pull to the side. It's a winner in my book.

I ordered some plastic material that's waiting for me at the lakehouse to make a more refined version that attatches to the swim deck with quick release pins.

Comment

• I can’t seem to find the seastow handle anywhere. I have a 97 200V so I need a slim suction cup as there isn’t a lot of room on the lower ridge. If I can’t find anything, I think my only option will be the swell slim...

Comment

• Not sure if this is the style of handle you're after, but...
                    LINK

I used one of those to make my first suck gate, seems to hold pretty well, but I also run a piece of 5mm paracord from the handle to the leg of my tower, to keep it from sliding back on the hull.

G

Comment

• Originally posted by 97_MariStar_200V View Post
                      I can’t seem to find the seastow handle anywhere. I have a 97 200V so I need a slim suction cup as there isn’t a lot of room on the lower ridge. If I can’t find anything, I think my only option will be the swell slim...
                      I have a couple of handles still new in box that I’d be happy to send you - just cover the cost of shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyskiguy View Post
                        I have a couple of handles still new in box that I’d be happy to send you - just cover the cost of shipping.
                        Pm sent

Comment

• CRABANDY
                          I have the exact same boat and am wondering if you could share info about your deck mounted wake shaper. I’m fairly handy and really Scottish so would like to try making my own. ��

Comment

Working...
                          X