No announcement yet.

DIY Wake Surf Shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all! Newb here.. Found this on the MB sports page after ordering a mission one, and just cancelled the order!

It appears some people are installing them backwards.. Does it matter which way they are installed? some have the deflector toward the nose of the boat and some have it toward the back... It should work either way, but Missions has it in front... Am I making sense?! Anyway.. Great designs! Looking to get one myself!

Comment

• Originally posted by leadsthebest View Post
      Going to cut some SURFGate stickers tonight. PM me if you want one. They will be $15TYD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      $15, Did you get your business savvy from Mission?

Comment

• Originally posted by dubguy85 View Post
        Hello all! Newb here.. Found this on the MB sports page after ordering a mission one, and just cancelled the order!

It appears some people are installing them backwards.. Does it matter which way they are installed? some have the deflector toward the nose of the boat and some have it toward the back... It should work either way, but Missions has it in front... Am I making sense?! Anyway.. Great designs! Looking to get one myself!

Depends on the boat, try it both ways

Comment

• Originally posted by JMLVMI View Post
          I'd be careful about selling these things as a complete unit as the Mission guys probably have a patent (at least pending) on the design.
          Could probably sell as a kit though.

Funny how so many of us are on the same thinking. I just bought a pair of these suction cup handles at Harbor Freight for about $5ea, red to match my boat. I'm going to try a design that uses two handles to limit sliding.

Comment

• I bought the Wake Shaper and have been pleased with its performance; however I like this option as it can be used on either side.
            OH-IO!

Comment

• Originally posted by snork View Post
              I was thinking the same thing!

Comment

• So the alum suction cups are 100x stiffer they don't slide or anything forget the plastic ones or the hf ones and pick up the $17 alum handle one from amazon

Comment

• Originally posted by snork View Post

Well what would be a good price? I love this site and the people.
                  Where we're going, we don't need no skis. Cheeto

Comment

• Originally posted by leadsthebest View Post
                    Well what would be a good price? I love this site and the people.
                    Cover your cost and give yourself a little for labor.
                    2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Can't ship the aluminum handle one to Canada from Amazon and I'm too far from the border. Would someone be willing to buy one and ship it to me? I have to build one now. This is driving me crazy.

Comment

• Amazon won't ship the aluminum handle one to Canada and I'm too far from the border. Would someone be willing to buy one and ship it to me? I have to build one of these. It's driving me crazy!!

Comment

• Originally posted by treiter View Post
                          Amazon won't ship the aluminum handle one to Canada and I'm too far from the border. Would someone be willing to buy one and ship it to me? I have to build one of these. It's driving me crazy!!
                          Send me a pm.. You can ship it to me and I'll ship it up

Comment

• Latest design did a bit of a wedge and a bit longer. Starting to see some flex at the end but I'm not sure that is a bad thing.

11.2mph
                            750 on port
                            750 on stbd
                            370 in locket
                            900 in lead
                            Just me driving

Comment

• My bad, didnt see the part of the post under the image
                              2020 Table Rock Mastercraft Reunion Poker Run Champion

I lead the fight to ban the swimsuit thread, help me bring it back: https://teamtalk.mastercraft.com/sho...58#post1494758

"LDA never saw a thread he couldn't run off the rails"

Comment

• Gee. Wonder why they're trending. ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                                -Cory 2.0ld

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
                                91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1

Comment

Working...
                                X