DIY Wake Surf Shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LaRue View Post
    Have any photos? We can't seem to get it to hold expect under the Mastercraft logo as seen in the second photo.
    Will get some on Monday, im in LA jolla with the wife and kids on vacay

Comment

• Originally posted by blake903 View Post
      50 bucks shipped??? I also have another suction cup coming. the aluminum one, I'll build this one for someone if anyone wants it. 60 bucks for aluminum.
      I'll take the aluminum one for $60 if you haven't sold it yet.

Comment

• Going to try a design that is even more compact. Pics next weekend if all goes well.
        Last edited by bet_on_black; 05-28-2016, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Last edited by mgs96ps; 07-24-2016, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mgs96ps View Post
            Ok....I am still a skeptic but check me in as a sucgate manufacture. I waited to see other designs and read the feed back. I decided that I wanted mine reverse style in order to get it as far back on transom as possible. I designed and laid out some templates to cut some 1/8" thick stock aluminum and tried to max out washer surface area under plastic cup. I left two holes open in order to let water escape since there was some talk about negative pressure behind suctions.

The front aluminum plate directs water away from the releasing level. The back plate is supported from behind by in independent cup that has been cut down.....with the back plate supported, there is little pressure or force acting on rear suction.

I'm calling it "The Three Stooges." Redneck engineering......there is no substitute.
            One of the best looking ones so far. And it doubles as a spatula!

Comment

• Has anyone tried the suckgate on an X15? The only spot that I have to put one is right below the water line in the area that I have marked in the pic. That area is 4-1/2" high. Amazon says the aluminum handle version has 4-3/4" diameter cups. Are they actually that size? If they are, would they still hold if a 1/4" was hanging over?

Anyone know the diameter of the HOD version cups?

Also would like to know if most people are using 1/2" or 3/4" thick material for the gate.

Thanks
              Attached Files
              We defy the mafia!

Comment

• If 1/4" is hanging over how would you get suction on the cups?
                2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
                (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

• Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
                  Has anyone tried the suckgate on an X15? The only spot that I have to put one is right below the water line in the area that I have marked in the pic. That area is 4-1/2" high. Amazon says the aluminum handle version has 4-3/4" diameter cups. Are they actually that size? If they are, would they still hold if a 1/4" was hanging over?

Also would like to know if most people are using 1/2" or 3/4" thick material for the gate.

Thanks
                  Hate to tell you, you have the same hull (from amidships back) as the X2, and we ran into the same problem. Without removing the decal there is no place to put the suck gate where it would actually be effective; instead do a search for "ghetto gates" or purchase a refined product here: http://wake-shaper.com/v2-0/
                  1985 19 Skier (Stars & Stripes) - “Twinkle”
                  2007 X2 - "The Sun Squirrel" - Sold
                  2000 PS195 - Sold

Comment

• Originally posted by blackhawk View Post
                    Has anyone tried the suckgate on an X15? The only spot that I have to put one is right below the water line in the area that I have marked in the pic. That area is 4-1/2" high. Amazon says the aluminum handle version has 4-3/4" diameter cups. Are they actually that size? If they are, would they still hold if a 1/4" was hanging over?

Thanks
                    I can measure when I get home. One thing to note, the shower handle thing someone else posted (the white one) has slightly smaller suction cups.
                    -Mike

Comment

• I have a X2 and want to do this. Everyone talks about the graphic being a problem. Mine only has the mastercraft decal. Can I do this? If so, where would I put an aluminum handled dent puller from Amazon?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1464181456689.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	2361450

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dvsone79 View Post
                          One of the best looking ones so far. And it doubles as a spatula!
                          I dont know why but this made me think of stripes, The Aunt JemimaTreatment
                          Attached Files
                          -Cory 2.0ld

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
                          91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1

Comment

• Originally posted by mgs96ps View Post
                            Ok....I am still a skeptic but check me in as a sucgate manufacture. I waited to see other designs and read the feed back. I decided that I wanted mine reverse style in order to get it as far back on transom as possible. I designed and laid out some templates to cut some 1/8" thick stock aluminum and tried to max out washer surface area under plastic cup. I left two holes open in order to let water escape since there was some talk about negative pressure behind suctions.

The front aluminum plate directs water away from the releasing level. The back plate is supported from behind by in independent cup that has been cut down.....with the back plate supported, there is little pressure or force acting on rear suction.

I'm calling it "The Three Stooges." Redneck engineering......there is no substitute.
                            when will you be testing?

Comment

• Testing mine tonight, 1990 prostar, 2 540# ballasts on either side of the engine, pics to come!
                              Originally posted by ramzak
                              ..... Its not the early 90's anymore! NOBODY Skis anymore!
                              ...I ski

Comment

• I like the spatula!
                                Where we're going, we don't need no skis. Cheeto

Comment

Working...
                                X