X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J.Graham View Post
    Here's mine!
    2001 X-Star (205-V)
    Ballast - 2 x 800's in rear lockers, stock ski locker (300ish), IBS 500.
    1 person in boat.
    Genuine Mastercraft Suck-Gate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Your set up is about like mine and wave looks similar, except longer. This is what I'm expecting when I put 400 up front, though. Can't wait til this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by wheelerd View Post
      Nice. Okanagan Lake?
      Speed?
      Yup! We spend July & August at our place in Naramata
      I have perfect pass set at 10.7 mph

Originally posted by drballenbc View Post
      Nice touch using the mastercraft L brackets. I couldn't find any like that at Canadian tire but now that you showed the part number hopefully I can find them. Have one built and working well but you never know when I might need another.
      All the tools on my boat are mastercraft, just because it matches.
      I picked up the brackets & cuisinart cutting board at can tire. Mastercraft all the way!

Originally posted by SS LS1 View Post
      J.Graham, WOW that looks awesome! Kudos on the official MasterCraft shelf brackets like baller said. Bonus suck gate points for you!
      Thanks! I definitely need a suck gate sticker now. My ghetto gate was pretty good last year but the suck gate is much easier to install, smaller to store and can be used on both sides... Loving it!

Originally posted by ewilcox11 View Post
      Your set up is about like mine and wave looks similar, except longer. This is what I'm expecting when I put 400 up front, though. Can't wait til this weekend.
      Cool. I also might try a bit more weight up front and see if I can get mine a little longer!

Comment

• Originally posted by wake up View Post
        Is anyone listing their boat while using a wake shaper? I had poor results when using my seastow shaper. 1100 in surf locker, kgb full, 500 in bow. Doesn't seem as much push when using the shaper. I did move it around and didn't seem to help. Anyone find the surf wake better without a shaper?
        I had worse results when listed. I think its because it pulls the shaper out of the water too much, and its more effective when submerged.

Comment

• J.Graham, that is absolutely first class and awesome. If I can get my 205V putting out that kind of wake I will be happy. I am going to start the search this weekend for parts and try and replicate that one, however the Mastercraft brackets will be an issue in Aus.

Comment

• My SuckGate 3.0. Upgrades to stainless brackets, a painted handle, coated and painted springs, and a dog leash. .

Comment

• Originally posted by FoggyNogginz View Post
              My SuckGate 3.0. Upgrades to stainless brackets, a painted handle, coated and painted springs, and a dog leash. .

Oh man I love the painted handle! How did you get new pins into the tabs once you drilled them out?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Graham View Post
                Here's mine!
                2001 X-Star (205-V)
                Ballast - 2 x 800's in rear lockers, stock ski locker (300ish), IBS 500.
                1 person in boat.
                Genuine Mastercraft Suck-Gate

Haha, btdt regarding the fuel pressure gauge hanging from the pylon!

Comment

• Are any of you noticing the bilge runs more frequently when surfing? I suspect we are taking in water around rub rail and from the suckgate spraying water up on rear locker. Runs for a couple of minutes after a 5-10 min run.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRue View Post
                    Are any of you noticing the bilge runs more frequently when surfing? I suspect we are taking in water around rub rail and from the suckgate spraying water up on rear locker. Runs for a couple of minutes after a 5-10 min run.
                    Certainly a possibility. I usually have some water splashing up while surfing as well as while stopping the boat to go back and pick up a down surfer. As long as it keeps running

Comment

• With all these great pictures of waves I would be interested to hear more about how these waves ride. having a good looking wave is one thing. Being able to have the push and pop needed to do 360s and getting air is another. Anyone have feedback on completing tricks off of a wave with a suckgate

Comment

• Originally posted by Aquaholic View Post
                        J.Graham, that is absolutely first class and awesome. If I can get my 205V putting out that kind of wake I will be happy. I am going to start the search this weekend for parts and try and replicate that one, however the Mastercraft brackets will be an issue in Aus.
                        Thanks Aquaholic. Fwiw I had a similar wake last year with my ghetto-gate.. so a lot of the success is from the 2400lbs of ballast

Originally posted by soacj View Post
                        Haha, btdt regarding the fuel pressure gauge hanging from the pylon!
                        Lol... Was waiting for someone to notice! Sorting out what I thought was a fuel pump issue.

Originally posted by snowman View Post
                        With all these great pictures of waves I would be interested to hear more about how these waves ride. having a good looking wave is one thing. Being able to have the push and pop needed to do 360s and getting air is another. Anyone have feedback on completing tricks off of a wave with a suckgate
                        In my case... definitely not the same as my buddies $120,000.00 surf boat. But good enough to have some fun on. I believe Geordie Wake has been pulling 360's with a similar set-up to mine. I'm sure with a little more practice and a better board I could compete in the Suck-Gate Over 40 Pro Tour

Comment

• Originally posted by plav77 View Post
                          Oh man I love the painted handle! How did you get new pins into the tabs once you drilled them out?
                          The great thing about this particular handle is that it showed up painted, and the pins which hold the suction cups to the knobs are easily removed and reinserted. I will be painting this I need all blue tomorrow to match a friend's boat. I painted and coated the springs too to prevent rust as best that I can. Water test on Saturday.

Comment

• Nice work Foggy!

I went out this morning and picked up a couple things to try to improve my Suck-Gate (paint for the springs & stainless nuts & bolts to replace the pins).
                            Seems some people are having trouble removing the pins on the aluminum handle.. Just use needle nose players on the open end to make it slightly smaller, push the rubber in with a ball or corner of the counter to compress the spring and the pin will slide right out. Problem is the pin will now be loose when reinstalled and could fall out in the middle of the lake! I picked up these stainless nuts & bolts and they fit perfectly (see sizes below).
                            Hope this helps... And I'll update on how the painted springs hold up (I covered these suckers several times from every angle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bob for President... this is his design with slightly bigger 110degree blade. Seastow fits on the '06 X2 lip (with no room to spare). Full X2 fly-high ballast fill (2 lockers plus bow sack) 10.6mph.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G0074168.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	2364291

Comment

• Originally posted by DryHop View Post
                                Bob for President... this is his design with slightly bigger 110degree blade. Seastow fits on the '06 X2 lip (with no room to spare). Full X2 fly-high ballast fill (2 lockers plus bow sack) 10.6mph.

[ATTACH]146934[/ATTACH]
                                Looks really good!

Comment

Working...
                                X