No announcement yet.

DIY Wake Surf Shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rub rail only looks close because a buddy who's 250lbs was leaning out the side in the first pic. Setup 750s rear, stock belly full. IBS under seats at front seat then sac on top filled up until platform at back is level with the surface. I owe most of my surf success to geordie-wake he showed me that these can be great surf boats last year and has helped me with my setup hugely

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by mjohnsen View Post
      Looks Good DryHop! Pic of where you have it mounted on the 06 X2? Been holding off because lots of posts on how it won't work on this hull due to curve and raised graphics.
      The Seastow suction cups are only about 4". I have the gate mounted as far to stern as possible, on the 4" lip below the large X2 decal. In my case, it mounts very secure. (It has stuck securely for 5 surf sessions now)

Comment

• I made one for a friend so decided to build few extras at the same time. Send me a PM if you want one of them.

It's a Seastow handle but sold under the SUP handle branding so color is black instead of blue. Confirmed with the company they are identical. And the S is for Surf.

Comment

• PM sent

Comment

• @bet_on_black- PM sent.
            G

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker789 View Post
              Wake on our X2 last night w / 750's in rear not quite full, kgb full and 4 adults (3 with a surfer). Props to bet on black for the suck gate. [ATTACH]147083[/ATTACH]
              Ridin LOW!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by hairybabooon888 View Post
                Rub rail only looks close because a buddy who's 250lbs was leaning out the side in the first pic. Setup 750s rear, stock belly full. IBS under seats at front seat then sac on top filled up until platform at back is level with the surface. I owe most of my surf success to geordie-wake he showed me that these can be great surf boats last year and has helped me with my setup hugely

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                Awesome! Geordie-Wake is the man.. He also helped me out last year
                Can you be more specific regarding your ballast. Ibs 500? And more importantly, how big is your extra sac up front and where exactly are you placing it?
                Photos would be a bonus
                Thanks,
                Fellow 205V'r

Comment

• Found this On eBay and they are on Craigslist too
                  http://m.ebay.com/itm/191922580165?_...49&_mwBanner=1

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if the seller gets a cease and desist letter from one of the aftermarket wakegate manufacturers.
                    2005 X2, Viper Red, MCX, Acme 1285, PPass, rear 750 sacs, KBS, IBS, Bennett Wake Plate
                    (previous) 2001 X5, 1991 TriStar 190

Comment

• There's a guy on wake world that is cranking these out I hear. More than just a guy on the site made me one when he was doing his kinda thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                      -Cory 2.0ld

98 Maristar 225VRS - "Frankenstar"
                      91 PS190 -Sold

RIP No1

Comment

• Originally posted by jessz71 View Post
                        Found this On eBay and they are on Craigslist too
                        http://m.ebay.com/itm/191922580165?_...49&_mwBanner=1
                        Originally posted by wheelerd View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised if the seller gets a cease and desist letter from one of the aftermarket wakegate manufacturers.
                        LOL.. $199.00 ... Can't imagine he's actually selling any of these!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• The guy from Canada has 2 ebay listing one for the aluminum handle and another with a Seastow plastic. Both $235 with shipping. At least they are not made from plywood. It looks like photos from member plav77 in this thread, similar ebay name too. (plaviolett) ....Joined in May, copied the BoB design and is cashing in or trying to. Someone had to be first to knock off the knock off.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...&postcount=939

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262526648635...edirect=mobile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wakesurf-Wak...MAAOSw7XZXhyRr

Last edited by SS LS1; 07-17-2016, 08:35 PM.
                          XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
                          SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
                          SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
                          SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by J.Graham View Post
                            LOL.. $199.00 ... Can't imagine he's actually selling any of these!
                            It says he's sold 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by ewilcox11 View Post
                              It says he's sold 1.
                              I heard it was his mom... but don't tell anyone

Comment

• Bet on Black - PM sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X