DIY Wake Surf Shaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by l8kebum View Post
    Amazon has the SurfStow model for $14.99. Free shipping with Prime. Mine will be here for the weekend.

https://www.amazon.com/SurfStow-Tran...surfstow+50080
    Thank you for the heads up on that!
    2000 Malibu Sunsetter

Comment

• Anyone figure out how to make this work with the McS containing domed graphics on the back such as the 2006 X2?

Comment

• Originally posted by derek1800 View Post
        Anyone figure out how to make this work with the McS containing domed graphics on the back such as the 2006 X2?
        If your read my posts from a few days ago I used the BoB design on the lower most hull step on an X15 successfully which is underneath the domed rear decals on the earlier boats. I think it would work the same on an older X2 with similar rear graphics as the gate mounts way under the water line. It worked so good there I did not try mounting it any higher on the boat and it did not have any spray over the gate issues others have experienced when mounting higher on the boat.

This requires an actual Seastow handle or in my case a West Marine handle as the cups are smaller diameter and very flexible to curve with the lower hull step. Where as the aluminum handle cups are a larger diameter and a much stiffer cup material I do not think they will stick on your X2 lower hull.

In case you missed it go back to here and read my original post and the next couple more that follow........ http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...postcount=1351
        XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
        SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
        SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
        SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by SS LS1 View Post
          If your read my posts from a few days ago I used the BoB design on the lower most hull step on an X15 successfully which is underneath the domed rear decals on the earlier boats. I think it would work the same on an older X2 with similar rear graphics as the gate mounts way under the water line. It worked so good there I did not try mounting it any higher on the boat and it did not have any spray over the gate issues others have experienced when mounting higher on the boat.

This requires an actual Seastow handle or in my case a West Marine handle as the cups are smaller diameter and very flexible to curve with the lower hull step. Where as the aluminum handle cups are a larger diameter and a much stiffer cup material I do not think they will stick on your X2 lower hull.

In case you missed it go back to here and read my original post and the next couple more that follow........ http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...postcount=1351
          Thats where ive been placing the BoB gate as well. Way less propensity for splashing too.
          50.241899, -115.857747

Comment

• I have an X15 and the aluminum handle will also work on the lower step - in fact that's the best place for it that I have found. Any higher and you get spray and not the greatest wave. Never has come off once.

Comment

• My skateboard ramps and velcro came in today. Going to basically recreate the ronix8.3. I cant believe people are paying 600 for them and they are on backorder. wow

I will be attempting to surf on Sunday. Will be posting some pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by treiter View Post
                I have an X15 and the aluminum handle will also work on the lower step - in fact that's the best place for it that I have found. Any higher and you get spray and not the greatest wave. Never has come off once.
                I also have a 06 X-15 and BoB suckgate. Works great on the lower step. I put it on dry on the side with most surfers that day and then switch it to the other side in the water. It takes a little bit of time to get it to stick when in the water but once you find it, it works great.

Here is a pic. Goofy side. Stock ballast (starboard + port + KGB = ~1000 lbs) 3 dudes in the boat. Bout waste high and long!!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by kwilkinson View Post
                  I also have a 06 X-15 and BoB suckgate. Works great on the lower step. I put it on dry on the side with most surfers that day and then switch it to the other side in the water. It takes a little bit of time to get it to stick when in the water but once you find it, it works great.

Here is a pic. Goofy side. Stock ballast (starboard + port + KGB = ~1000 lbs) 3 dudes in the boat. Bout waste high and long!!
                  Nice! That wave looks fantastic! Funny how just a few yrs ago people said the surf wave on an X15 was junk, $30 later and BAM! awesome wave!

So for you X15 guys mounting on the lower hull step..... are you mounting the gate with the paddle to the rear and as far back as possible like I have or farther forward?
                  XT20 5500 GDI Black Mica/Black Topdeck/ Black interior
                  SOLD - 2013 X2 Pro Pkg, Gen2 Surf
                  SOLD - 1998 30th Anniversary ProStar 190
                  SOLD - 1985 Stars and Stripes

sigpic

Comment

• Is a 12x12 sheet of HDPE enough to make a BoB v5 or should I order 12x24? Thanks to all who have shared in this process. I haven't gone to bed until 1AM the last three nights because of this thread! 1403 posts is a lot of info.

Comment

• Still can't get mine to stay stuck in place. Waited half a minute this time after I got it sucked to the boat before I took off. It stays in place until about 10mph, then it slides off. The second attempt, looked in my mirror and saw this gorgeous big wake, thought to myself, this it, my son is saying that's a big wake, got my phone to take a picture, it came off. Grrrrrrrr. After several more attempts, just won't stay stuck. 10mph is the limit. Guess I should have tried surfing it at 9mph. I did notice that the middle inside of the cups were bubbled out. I could mash the bubbled, but it would come right back. I don't know if the bubble can be seen in the picture, not the greatest quality. Didn't know if that was normal.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice! That wave looks fantastic! Funny how just a few yrs ago people said the surf wave on an X15 was junk, $30 later and BAM! awesome wave!

So for you X15 guys mounting on the lower hull step..... are you mounting the gate with the paddle to the rear and as far back as possible like I have or farther forward?
                        This is an x15 and a mission delta which wont fit on the lower step so its on the topmost section. When. Use the BoB gate its on the lowest step as far back as possible.
                        Attached Files
                        50.241899, -115.857747

Comment

And this is the samw boat with an old school listed wave. It doesnt suck.
                          Attached Files
                          50.241899, -115.857747

Comment

• Originally posted by bebates View Post
                            Push up on the middle of each cup and a pin holding the handle will slide out if you tip it to the side.

Or put a socket on a socket wrench put the middle of the suction cup on the socket, push down and push/pull the pin out yourself
                            to you cosmos aluminum handle guys, i just got mine and the retaining pin has been deformed on the tip to keep it from sliding out. any suggestions?

Comment

• X15 lowest step and as far back as possible.

Comment

• Finally got mine to stay stuck, but on the upper step. Would not stick to the lower or middle step. Wake was ok but still not the greatest. I guess my boat just has too much power for the sucgate to stick in a place that does the best good.

This is both stock rear and kgb ballast full, ~ 10.5 mph, ice chest with a 30 pack, ok maybe with only 10 at this time in the ice chest, 6 waters, 4 gatorades and full of ice and water, myself and wife in boat. Oh and my little shih tzu water dog.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X