Surf Setup for NXT22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Setup for NXT22?

We bought a new NXT22 last weekend and have only spent a few hours with it so far, but I am curious how others may have setup the boat for their surf wave.

It does have the extra bags installed.

It is not as tall of a wave or as much push as we are used too so far, but this is still the factory setup with very little testing.

Any tips or tricks? Anyone added weight?

Anyone surfing a NXT22?

Comment

Originally posted by allzway View Post
      Anyone surfing a NXT22?
      The one I surfed was pretty darn good with stock plus rear bags.

Throw a 750 in the rear of the cabin on the floor and go to town.

Comment

Full stock, probably 800 on the floor
        Attached Files
        Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon - Ear Injurer

Comment

NXT 20 surf setup

We just got the 2016 NXT with stock ballast system. We are trying to figure out the tab configuration. The kids surf great but adults are having a hard time finding the spot. The wake looks great at 90% starboard and 10% center tab, but these isn't enough push for the adults. Help someone please.

Comment

Originally posted by toddrandallsteele View Post
            We just got the 2016 NXT with stock ballast system. We are trying to figure out the tab configuration. The kids surf great but adults are having a hard time finding the spot. The wake looks great at 90% starboard and 10% center tab, but these isn't enough push for the adults. Help someone please.
            hey i'm running two 800 fat sacks Freemotion bags from jet.com. you can get these and they sent me http://www.slsports.com/ballast-big-...ml#prettyPhoto two of the big bag 800's and a cheap pump, fill them about 4 to 6 mins on each side. and then run the tabs 10/10/90 when surfing on the passenger side. that should give you enough push to have an good wake.

Comment

Originally posted by toddrandallsteele View Post
              That has been our main problem. The kids surfed just fine, but not enough push for the adults.

I tried different boards and hunted all over the wave and just couldn't get enough push.

This weekend we did more adjusting and found some much better setup and it seemed odd, but worked much better.

We added 400lb port side storage for regular side surfing and added two 100 kids in the bow.
              With the tabs set at 0 - 10 - 15 and the wave was larger and with more push.

Still more work to go, but getting there.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                Full stock, probably 800 on the floor
                That sure look good.

Comment

Stock is pretty bad arse though in my opinion!
                  Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder

Comment

Here's an nxt20 with about 500 in each rear locker with 3 adults

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are getting it a lot better. Added about 400 in the port side locker and running the tabs.

0 - 0 - 65 and it is much taller with more push.

Comment

65? That may not be enough tab. I'd try even weight with all bags full, 0-0-75
                        Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder

Comment

The 400 in the port under seat area with 2 600 bags in the lockers and all stock made a HUGE difference in mine.
                          2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                            65? That may not be enough tab. I'd try even weight with all bags full, 0-0-75
                            That does work fine, but the wave was a little flatter and the wife and one kids likes it taller more than flatter and longer.

Comment

Thanks everyone, will try the two suggestions above, 10-10-90 and 0-10-15 and see how it goes. Very frustrating so far for adults not finding the right push. Kids are having a blast 15-18 feet back though.

Comment

Working...
                              X