No announcement yet.

Surf Setup for NXT22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking back in, it’s been a while since my last post, been surfing too much! 😎

The wakemakers upgraded bags made a huge difference, also a better board for both me and my wife was a game changer. I’m riding a Ronix Flyweight Bat tail thruster, she’s on a custom Soulcraft EM. We both ride regular, she’s 0-0-85 at 10.6. I ride at 0-0-65 at 10.6. We’ve come a long way, we both have dropped some fins and are trying to nail a 360. I’ve come very close several times, still just can’t surf out of the spin yet, hopefully I’ll get at least one before the season ends.

We even have my 9 year old daughter just now off rope, she’s riding a Liquid Force Gromi, at 0-0-100 at 10.4. Working on getting our 5 year old up, she surfs the wave on her knees, but still working on the courage to try on her feet.

I’m still interested in plumbing in the stock rear bags, may be a winter project. New dock was done over the winter, so it’s been a great summer so far, not looking forward to it ending.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Lead/Steel bag placement

Newbie here-
      Have 2021 NXT22- upgraded the bags to Wavemakers. Now have 10 50lbs bags to place. Suggestions on where to place them (the more detail the better)? Also any tips to make the wake longer for a bigger rider would be appreciated.
      THANK YOU

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerrp53 View Post
        Newbie here-
        Have 2021 NXT22- upgraded the bags to Wavemakers. Now have 10 50lbs bags to place. Suggestions on where to place them (the more detail the better)? Also any tips to make the wake longer for a bigger rider would be appreciated.
        THANK YOU
        This would be useful for me as well. I didn't get Wakemakers bags, but my 2022 has the Surf Pro package installed (3,000 lbs total ballast).

The surf right wave is huge and very very clean. But surf left is not nearly as clean. Any suggestions? I was also going to drop in about 500 lbs more lead as it seems that 3,500 is the sweet spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99019nxt22 View Post
          This would be useful for me as well. I didn't get Wakemakers bags, but my 2022 has the Surf Pro package installed (3,000 lbs total ballast).

The surf right wave is huge and very very clean. But surf left is not nearly as clean. Any suggestions? I was also going to drop in about 500 lbs more lead as it seems that 3,500 is the sweet spot.
          Originally posted by hammerrp53 View Post
          Newbie here-
          THANK YOU
          The pre-2020 models did not like weight up front. Try from tower base moving back incrementally. I have 700 lbs of lead plus the WM 710s in the rear locker. Clean up your surf left PS with speed, center tab at 5-10 or back off the right tab a little (or add weight). Lengthen the wave with speed too.

Comment

Working...
          X