• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any current discount code on shapers?

Comment

Originally posted by brianNXT22 View Post
      Thanks for the photos Aric. Looks good.

Next time you are out surfing goofy, if you think of it, make a note of the setup and share (or if anyone else on this thread knows a good goofy setup for an NXT 22). I'd love to get this thing dialed with just the factory tabs and not need to add a shaper or lead or anything.
      Dont, be afraid to list the boat a bit, change Ballast , add ballast.
      Even try less Center Tank.

You don't need another Surf System.
      sigpic
      2014 Chap 264 Sunesta
      2019 XT25 GEN2 5500
      2015 X20 SS GEN2 6.0
      2016 G21 Coastal 5.3
      2014 X46 GEN2 7.4
      2014 X30 GEN2 5.7
      2006 VRS200 SS 5.7
      2013 X30 GEN2 6.2
      2013 Yamaha 242LS

Comment

Originally posted by MGX View Post
        Any current discount code on shapers?
        Code TEAM20 is available at NautiCurl.com for $20 off. Code SLAMMIT for $50 off orders over $400 if you're in the market for a FATSAC or WakeSurf Board!

If you're looking for more ballast, would really recommend the Jumbo!
        Cheers!
        NautiCurl.com

Comment

15% off the best selling SWELL Wakesurf Creator with code: TEAMTALK2017

Order now for the big weekend coming next week!

Save more with bundles of the best ballast and boards money can buy!
          Adam
          SWELL Wakesurf
          www.swellwake.com

I'm here to share my knowledge relating to wake surfing and how to maximize the wave behind your current boat. Hoping to expand the sport of surfing to everyone willing to try!

Comment

Originally posted by brianNXT22 View Post
            The NXT 22 does not make enough push for adults to surf. I ride with all ballast full (hard tanks and plumbed bags) plus another 750 fat sac on the floor +4 people and the wave has very weak push at the recommended factory settings for the tabs and speed.

Looking at some other threads for NXT 22s, this seems like a common issue...fine wave for kids, but not enough push for adults.

If you know a setup for the ballast, tabs and speed that will throw a great wave on the NXT 22, please let me know!!!

Thanks,

-Brian

think your problem maybe the board you are riding and not the wave... we can use only factory ballast on a NXT20 and my 6'6" 250+ lb buddy can surf all day long with ease.

You likely have a very slow board or something that is undersized for your weight or capabilities.
            2017 Mastercraft XT21- Black & Calypso Green Flake and Coolfeel interior

2008 Mastercraft 40th Anniversary X-star SOLD

1981 J-craft 19 long deck ski boat w/200 Mercury Black Max (the gas guzzler)

2018 Audi Q7 Technik Navarra Blue with S-Line, Black Optics, Luxury package, advanced driver assistance, Audi Sport 21" wheels, tow hitch

Comment

Originally posted by CottagerGreg View Post
              think your problem maybe the board you are riding and not the wave... we can use only factory ballast on a NXT20 and my 6'6" 250+ lb buddy can surf all day long with ease.

You likely have a very slow board or something that is undersized for your weight or capabilities.
              Hi Greg,

Do you recall what type of board your buddy is riding?

We are on a 4' 10" Liquid Force Happy Pill. Board is listed to 220 and we don't have anyone over 200 that rides it. No idea if this is a fast or slow board.

Good to hear that everyone is having success with NXT surfing. Sounds like I have a bad combo of ballast / plates / speed / board. Confident I'll figure it out.

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by WakeSurf22 View Post
                Code TEAM20 is available at NautiCurl.com for $20 off. Code SLAMMIT for $50 off orders over $400 if you're in the market for a FATSAC or WakeSurf Board!

If you're looking for more ballast, would really recommend the Jumbo!
                Cheers!
                NautiCurl.com
                Do you know if anyone has used this with a older maristar hull? 1998? curious haven't seen any videos or pictures.
                Attached Files
                WAKE.LAKE.BOAT.SURF
                Were here for a good time not a long time

Comment

Originally posted by 98_maristar View Post
                  Do you know if anyone has used this with a older maristar hull? 1998? curious haven't seen any videos or pictures.
                  I will be testing mine this weekend on my '99 Prostar 205. I will post pics and video next week. I also have Wakemakers version of GSA; so I should have good comparisons of each and both together.

Comment

May have missed it... does this model float?
                    -Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post
                      I will be testing mine this weekend on my '99 Prostar 205. I will post pics and video next week. I also have Wakemakers version of GSA; so I should have good comparisons of each and both together.
                      I would imagine this would work great on the 205 since there is plenty of room there under the water line. the way the maristar hull is it would have to go where i put the red box on my picture. im going to measure tonight i have a feeling its not going to fit though.
                      WAKE.LAKE.BOAT.SURF
                      Were here for a good time not a long time

Comment

• Originally posted by CardsMC View Post
                        I ordered the Nauticurl for 08 X2, haven't used in the water yet, but don't think I'll be able to mount low enough for it to work. Very good quality product though. I'll report back in two weeks when I can actually use it.

Any luck??? Let us know what ballast you run in case you got a good wave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Current boat: 2020 XT22 - (Sister Bay, WI)
                        Past boat: '08 X2 with LY6 Engine - (NorCal)

Comment

• Tried last weekend, not able to mount it low enough on the hull, even with full ballast. Not sure what the answer is for this hull?

Comment

• Bob V5 suck gate works great on 2006 X2 hull

Comment

• Good News/Bad News here. Did a little testing this weekend on the '99 Prostar 205. I also have WakeMakers version of GSA on my boat. Good news is: nauticurl mounted great, stayed on, and created a nice wave (700lb in rear, 400/400/400 sides and behind motor box, and 225/225 on top of the 400s) We did not have any ballast in front-used people ballast for that this time. That is the way we have found works best using GSA.
                              First we tried both systems together... The wave was tall and clean but had no push. They seemed to counteract each other in that sense.
                              Secondly I turned off GSA while surfer was on the wave. PRESTO!! Wave cleaned up, he came off his 90% front foot stance, and had to be on the back foot brakes the rest of his run.
                              Two other riders made nice runs with the nauticurl; so we had two riders regular and one on the goofy side. All liked the wave-even though I think we were too lightly weighted in the bow for the nauticurl.
                              Now the Bad News(for me): It seems at this point that the $200 nauticurl may work better than the $4k WaveControl.
                              I am anxious to get back out and test the systems vs. each other. I cannot attest to the quality of the wave this weekend as the water was 56 degrees, and even with full wetsuit; I did not/will not dive in.
                              Pictures and video to follow, as I have not yet received them from our designated photographer/videographer from the weekend.

Comment

• This weekend i asked my wife to put on our gate. I didn't really pay attention to what she was doing and she stuck it to the stern just above the platform, think Malibu Surf gate. To my surprise it worked. I might start doing this because it seems to create less stress on the device.

Comment

Working...
                                X