No announcement yet.

DIY Gen 1 to Gen 2 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gen 2 was never made for your boat would be the only reason they wouldn't do it.
    Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
      Gen 2 was never made for your boat would be the only reason they wouldn't do it.
      Not sure if trolling or does not know what they are talking about. MC will upgrade any Gen1 system to Gen2 as long as the boat is a 2013 or above model which I have. YES they can do it, but the reps at the dealership have no desire for this business b/c there is not enough demand for the service. There has also been issues where they have drilled though ballast tanks b/c they do not have the experience doing the upgrade.

As I say, not sure if your just trolling.

Comment

This is cool... well done!
        -Mike

Comment

Originally posted by marques99 View Post
          Not sure if trolling or does not know what they are talking about. MC will upgrade any Gen1 system to Gen2 as long as the boat is a 2013 or above model which I have. YES they can do it, but the reps at the dealership have no desire for this business b/c there is not enough demand for the service. There has also been issues where they have drilled though ballast tanks b/c they do not have the experience doing the upgrade.

Rude comments aside about my lack of knowledge, but gen 2 was never developed for the X35 or X45 in the 2013 model year as they were on the way out.

They will not retrofit any boat with gen 1 to gen 2. A HIN is required to order gen 2 retrofitting kits, and a kit for the 35/45 was never developed as each gen 2 kit is hull specific.

Please do research this before pointing the troll finger.
          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:

Comment

I don't think that he is trolling. Aric, is right. MC may not have offered the GEN2 swap for X35. It was only offered on certain models.

I do think MC can do anything too you though since you aren't trying to sell it. Now if you did that then they would come after you.....

Comment

I don't plan on trying to sell these or copy the MC design. I am not going to post a drawing. If someone really has the initiative to make these for themselves getting the dimensions right is a pretty simple task. I'm merely here to show it can be done.
              2010 X15 with custom tabs
              Lake Norman

Comment

Rude comments aside about my lack of knowledge, but gen 2 was never developed for the X35 or X45 in the 2013 model year as they were on the way out.

They will not retrofit any boat with gen 1 to gen 2. A HIN is required to order gen 2 retrofitting kits, and a kit for the 35/45 was never developed as each gen 2 kit is hull specific.

Please do research this before pointing the troll finger.

They would use the x30 system, but would not guarantee the same results. As I said before I have already chatted with them about the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just order Go Surf Assist then. I would understand Boat Town's hesitation to install a system that wasnt designed for that boat.
                  Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:

Comment

just order Go Surf Assist then. I would understand Boat Town's hesitation to install a system that wasnt designed for that boat.

Thanks for admitting that you were wrong.

Comment

Thanks for admitting that you were wrong.

I wasnt wrong. There was never a gen 2 designed for your boat. The dealer is bending MC's rules by installing it on your boat. Please inform me where I was wrong..
                      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:

Comment

I wasnt wrong. There was never a gen 2 designed for your boat. The dealer is bending MC's rules by installing it on your boat. Please inform me where I was wrong..

As stated they will do it and it's not against their rules. The only rule is the model year. I chat often w clay at boat town (he's the one who sold me the boat). Please give them a call if you want confirmation. And they cannot give any performance guarantees for the other models as well. It's all just finding a best fit Scenario.

Also they don't care to much of doing retrofitting for all boats that had a gen 1 not just the X35. I guess you misread that.

Last edited by marques99; 05-18-2017, 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

There is some misinformation being stated here is my point. Whether they install a system that's not designed or for your boat is out of MCs hands, and like I said before, a HIN (hull identification number) is required to order the retrofit system. If you were to give your HIN to a dealer to order Gen 2 for your 35, they would tell you no such retrofit system exists.

Yes, gen 1 to gen 2 is harder to do because of the gel coat work that is associated with doing the installation. There was no misunderstanding there, but rather a dealers unwillingness to tackle a project.

Give ryan at Go Surf Assist a call. He would love to sell you a system, and also tell you why he developed the system in the first place... because there was no retrofit Gen 2 system for his 2013 X45.

Call me wrong all you want, I'm done.
                          Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                          For Sale:

Comment

hello mc
                            Last edited by Mike185; 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM.
                            2010 X15 with custom tabs
                            Lake Norman

Comment

Mike and others- Any idea how hard it would be to start from scratch on a system like this? I'd be interested in a pair of your tabs, but my 03 Maristar has nothing as far as a surf system. Do you think trying to DIY my own system (sourcing actuators and the other bit and pieces) would be worth it?

Any ideas on pricing for a set?
                              G

Comment

Originally posted by Mike185 View Post
                                Anyone interested in a set of these? I'm going to re-make them over the off-season in stainless and have them plasma cut out so they look a little more OEM. Let me know, should be easy to have more than one set made.
                                Quick way to get the boot and a cease letter
                                Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                                2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                                For Sale:

Comment

Working...
                                X