DIY Gen 1 to Gen 2 conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike185 View Post
    Anyone interested in a set of these? I'm going to re-make them over the off-season in stainless and have them plasma cut out so they look a little more OEM. Let me know, should be easy to have more than one set made.

I think it's a great idea to make your own "custom trim tabs" as they call them in the boating world. Just be very discreet about it. Don't advertise it all over. I would do the same thing on my next boat if they don't have them. Make them different so they don't look the same. People have the right to do what they want to their boat, It's not MC's property. I'm sure they have a patient on their system so just make them slightly different. There not going to waste the time going after Joe Schmo. Now if you make a web site and start selling then ya might have a problem. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by marques99 View Post
      As stated they will do it and it's not against their rules. The only rule is the model year. I chat often w clay at boat town (he's the one who sold me the boat). Please give them a call if you want confirmation. And they cannot give any performance guarantees for the other models as well. It's all just finding a best fit Scenario.

Also they don't care to much of doing retrofitting for all boats that had a gen 1 not just the X35
      Haha, dude you're hilarious... might want to research some things before you go spouting off to people who know what they're talking about.

If you do go the GEN2 route on the 35, I would imagine the X25 shares many more characteristics with the 35 than the 30 does.

And yeah, I would avoid publishing any specs or offering to sell any tabs on this site... bad idea. Suckgates do not provide as many benefits nor the ease of setting the boat up for surfing. A tab system like this is pretty much a direct replacement for GEN2

Comment

Who said anything about charging for them or selling them?
        2010 X15 with custom tabs
        Lake Norman

Comment

Who said anything about charging for them or selling them?
          So you're going to give them away for free? The people that run this site aren't stupid. Lol.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

It's not that tough..

You guys do realize that it is not that hard to convert gen 1 to a Gen 2 style tab, right?? If you look online all the info you need to know is on the web within several sites, The best angles for the tab to operate within, size and shape is easy and if you like you can change the shape and size to change the wave’s shape to what you like. Now, if you are the kind of guy that likes to Listen to the sales guys or reading the info off any of the wake forums and not experiment a little. This is truly what makes this so much more entertaining.

Comment

This is a DIY thread, not a for sale thread.
              Lake Norman

Comment

This is a DIY thread, not a for sale thread.
                Cool, how much for the kit?

Comment

This is a DIYTSFP thread
                  Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                  2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                  For Sale:

Comment

Do it yourself trans sexual free procedure?

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                    This is a DIYTSFP thread
                    Lake Norman

Comment

Do it yourself then sell for profit
                      Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:

Comment

More like a charitable contribution 👍. If that's the case I'll take two, One for each butt cheek 😂

Comment

More Pics please

so how do these work. Sounds like a great plan for me to upgrade my 2007 x2 with lenco trim tabs to a generation 2 "like" setup. $4000 for go surf assist is ridiculous. Can we stay on topic????

Comment

4k for GSA isn't bad at all. For all the R&D into it, it's beyond worth it. Especially when it came to resale. Two 2011 X25s sat at Texas Mastercraft, similar price and hours. Ours (with GSA) sold for more, like a month faster.

What is ridiculous, is people trying to profit off of someone else's design. #newamericanway
                            Aric

Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                            For Sale:

Comment

So for 4K, I would emagine the mark up would be half that, give or take a little. So for just the upgraded trim tabs (nothing else) you could essentially make the gen 2 for a grand or less in materials and man hours. For a complete mock up for the gen 2 from scratch would probably cost you 2k in parts. I wouldn't say to make them for profit, but to make them your self would be worth it, If you have the fab skills. Nothing wrong with that, I make **** all the time off of others ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                                What is ridiculous, is people trying to profit off of someone else's design. #newamericanway
                                I think that GSA is a great system, but in a round about way, he used the same principle as GEN2, just tweaked the overall design.

Shot, Malibu is profiting off NSS and GEN2 just because they patented delayed convergence...

Comment

Working...
                                X