Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 NXT22 Wakesurf tips

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2017 NXT22 Wakesurf tips

    Other post on this subject get off topic and hard to follow. Looking for information on surfing behind 2017 NXT22 with factory ballast.
    I have not found a wave that has great push. I'm am 6'0" 200 and can ride without rope on a liquid force skim style board (Keen) but it is hard to stay in the wave. My wife and kids can ride without rope for as long as they want.
    Does anyone have any tips to improve the wave with the factory ballast.
    Tab Settings?
    Speed?
    Thanks

  • #2
    What size is the board? That is a pro model board...
    Aric


    LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
    Register Here

    2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
    2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
    For Sale:
    2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

    Comment


    • #3
      The Liquid Force Keen I have is a small board - 54". I have tried an assortment of boards.
      1. Liquid Force Rocket 5'0". Could not ride ropeless at all
      2. LF Rocket 5'4". Could go ropeless but was a battle to stay up.
      3. LF 48" Keen - Tried the small Keep board just for fun and was the best board for me by far. I can stay up without rope but it is a constant battle.

      Just feel like I should be able to ride the Rocket and other surf style boards and cruise better which I can behind other peoples boats

      Comment


      • #4
        Picture of your stance by chance?

        Also try bringing the tab up from 100 to 85 on surf side
        Aric


        LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
        Register Here

        2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
        2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
        For Sale:
        2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't have any pictures.
          I have tried several tab configurations.
          0-0-75 at 11 mph has worked the best for me. Not sure why. I'm not a great surfer but on other boats I have done much better than behind my NXT22.
          Was looking for other peoples configurations to see if there is something I could be missing.

          Comment


          • #6
            I've ridden a stock NXT 22 a ton. Try slowing down to 10.6 maybe? Pictures of your stance may help as well
            Aric


            LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
            Register Here

            2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
            2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
            For Sale:
            2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

            Comment


            • #7
              2017 NXT22 Wakesurf tips

              Agree slow down. Also if you want a steeper wave lower your tab setting. We run as low as 35 on our star. Know it's a different boat but for us 35=wall (short) 100=flat (beginners and kids) 60=our favorite. We ride from 10.6 to 11, 10.7 10.8 normally.

              Also, too much weight in front=no push.

              For bigger guys I make sure to have a 2:1 back:front ratio. All in back will push novices into the back of the boat even at 100 tab.

              Different boats are different.

              Comment


              • #8
                Might try moving toes closer to edge, toward the wake.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by markmcfarland View Post
                  Agree slow down. Also if you want a steeper wave lower your tab setting. We run as low as 35 on our star. Know it's a different boat but for us 35=wall (short) 100=flat (beginners and kids) 60=our favorite. We ride from 10.6 to 11, 10.7 10.8 normally.

                  Also, too much weight in front=no push.

                  For bigger guys I make sure to have a 2:1 back:front ratio. All in back will push novices into the back of the boat even at 100 tab.

                  Different boats are different.
                  I run about 10.8 with tab at 65 and around 5-10 on center tab. I also added 800 LBs of Pop Sacs as I normally only have a small crew of 2-4.
                  https://goo.gl/photos/zMXNtto3woaSqo646
                  2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    SteveO - Where do you place the extra ballast?
                    Do you keep the weight evenly distributed?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Pop is the "lead" bags that are 40 lb each. I have 80 in port and starboard lockers each. I have about 200lb on the starboard side by cooler ish and the other 340 on port side in coffin ish area. So in theory w driver only it is evenly weighted or slightly port heavy w crew

                      Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                      2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                        I run about 10.8 with tab at 65 and around 5-10 on center tab. I also added 800 LBs of Pop Sacs as I normally only have a small crew of 2-4.
                        https://goo.gl/photos/zMXNtto3woaSqo646
                        Steve - factory recommendation was (I believe) 10.6 with tab at 90. Did you start here and end up at 10.8 and 65 (and extra ballast)?

                        What about bow tank....are you filling it 100%.

                        I run a small crew as well and planned on extra ballast......my boat shows up Tuesday so I'm trying to decide on the best place to start.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          All Tanks and Bags are 100%. I also believe I read where the ratings from the factory are based on testing with 4 people on board (Which in my mind is about 800 LBs) ? As some said above, the higher tab % makes the wave potentially longer, but less steep. I like a steep meaty wave and found that the 60-65% and 10.6 to 10.8 works out well. If you add to the crew, you may need to bump the speed
                          2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have a 2017 NXT22 w/ plug n play rear ballast - I'm 6'5" 230lbs - and can now surf rope less at will (85-100% left tab) with this set up - 8 50lb lead sacs with three in each rear locker and 2 in the boat to be put on the surfer side and then a 500 lb fat sac in the walkway of the bow. A bit of after market expense but TOTALLY worth it.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mr.iverson View Post
                              I have a 2017 NXT22 w/ plug n play rear ballast - I'm 6'5" 230lbs - and can now surf rope less at will (85-100% left tab) with this set up - 8 50lb lead sacs with three in each rear locker and 2 in the boat to be put on the surfer side and then a 500 lb fat sac in the walkway of the bow. A bit of after market expense but TOTALLY worth it.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Sounds like 800-900 extra LBs is the answer. Luckily I keep my boat on a lift, hence why I bought the Pop Product bags so I didn't have to mess with Sacs
                              2017 NXT22, 2015 NXT20, 2007 X2, 2002 209

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X