Wakesurfing behind a 1989 Tristar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakesurfing behind a 1989 Tristar

Can anyone give me an idea if we have a wake shaper , a 550 lb fatsac on the back seat and another 550 lb bag on the surf side of the engine (maybe not filled quite all the way up) if that would be enough to through a decent enough wake to let go of the rope while surfing behind? Like I said we are beginners at surfing and are really just wanting a basic surf wake that we can let go of the rope behind.

Originally posted by Jbeams2 View Post
    Can anyone give me an idea if we have a wake shaper , a 550 lb fatsac on the back seat and another 550 lb bag on the surf side of the engine (maybe not filled quite all the way up) if that would be enough to through a decent enough wake to let go of the rope while surfing behind? Like I said we are beginners at surfing and are really just wanting a basic surf wake that we can let go of the rope behind.
    I did it behind the same boat. Had a wake shaper, 550 lbs sack and a couple of bigger guys in the boat. It wasn't ideal imo, but it was surfable ropeless.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

What kind of wake shaper do you have?

Comment

Not exactly sure. It came with boat. It's just one of those with 2 suction cups and a paddle at probably about 80 degrees

Comment

Thanks wake up. Did you have 1 550 lb or 2 550 lb sacks?
          And was it just straight across the back seat?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks wake up. Did you have 1 550 lb or 2 550 lb sacks?
            And was it just straight across the back seat?

Thanks
            I had a 750 pumped to about 3/4 full. I had it in the corner on the floor. I used the bobv5 shaper. When the passenger walked to the back, the wake got better. So more the weight the better at the stern.

Comment

Originally posted by wake up View Post
              I had a 750 pumped to about 3/4 full. I had it in the corner on the floor. I used the bobv5 shaper. When the passenger walked to the back, the wake got better. So more the weight the better at the stern.

Thanks wakeup. Do you have any tips for getting the suction cups to stick to the boat from the wakeshaper? Mine keeps wanting to pop off when we get going.

Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks wakeup. Do you have any tips for getting the suction cups to stick to the boat from the wakeshaper? Mine keeps wanting to pop off when we get going.

Thanks again.
                Be sure to let the shaper set after putting on for at least 5 minutes before going. I put it on underwater, works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by wake up View Post
                  Be sure to let the shaper set after putting on for at least 5 minutes before going. I put it on underwater, works every time.

Gotcha! Do you put it on right about where is says tristar 190

Comment

Gotcha! Do you put it on right about where is says tristar 190
                    Can't remember. As far back as you can should work

Comment

Working...
                    X