Best Big Guy Surf Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Big Guy Surf Board

I am 6"3 225lbs and have an 04' X30. Looking for suggestions for a good stable surf board that would make it a little easier not having to hold the rope.
    2015 x23
    2004 x30 LQ9
    2002 Malibu VLX
    1988 Tristar 190

Red rocket

Comment

Agreed. Red rocket is great for bigger guys. The phase five Kong is also a good board. Quite a bit lighter than the red rocket but it’s still very stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SoulCraft Slider+. Pure fun for any size rider. Same price as boards mentioned above and much better. I've had a Red Rocket. Sold it immediately after riding soulcraft.

Comment

4x8x.75 pressure treated cabinet grade marine plywood!
          -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Depends on what you're looking for. 225 isn't that heavy for a good board and decent wake. I have a Phase 5 Trident and love it. It's kind of a crossover skim board. Sold the Red Rocket years ago and bought a Blue Lake as my surf style board.

I'm riding behind a 07 X2 with a single 450 bag in the rear locker, 9.8 MPH and in at least 10' of water. I can ride with as little as 3 people in the boat with no issues at all.

Comment

I'm also in this market, but not for myself. I have friends who come to my lake house that are a lot bigger than me and have a hard time getting up on the boards I own. Looking for a good and cheap board since it will not be for me. I looked at the Red Rocket, but its some serious coin, so that will be out of my market.

Comment

Liquid Force Broadcast is the way to go. My dealer (Action Water Sports Fenton) had these cheap for their holiday event.You may want to call around and see what you can get one for.

Comment

Can't give much of a recommendation on it yet, but I just picked up a new Doomswell El Jefe and bet it would fit the bill. It's currently the biggest board in their lineup (5' 6", 36L volume) and should support up to a 260lb rider. Planning to use it this summer with my 4 year old (~240lbs combined).

Comment

Red Rocket or Blue Lake. Both great boards. Light and easy to surf, plus stable tracking. Inland Surfers are a little brittle though.

Comment

My dad loves his Ronix Carbon Thruster.
                      Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
                      Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
                      2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
                      For Sale:
                      2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                        My dad loves his Ronix Carbon Thruster.
                        ^^^ probably the fastest board I’ve ridden. I am 6’3” 200lb and rode the smallest size (4’6” I think? Maybe 4’8”) and I had to stay on the brakes to keep from shooting into the back of the boat. If you got the bigger size, I don’t think you’d have any issues letting go of the rope.

Comment

Originally posted by Loewen View Post
                          Red Rocket or Blue Lake. Both great boards. Light and easy to surf, plus stable tracking. Inland Surfers are a little brittle though.

What’s the difference between the Red Rocket and Blue Lake ?

Comment

Best Big Guy Surf Board

Red Rocket is 2 inches longer and 2 inches wider than the Blue Lake. The red rocket will be much more buoyant.

Comment

Best Big Guy Surf Board

6 foot even @ 225 here

Red Rocket is a tanker or good for small waves. Rode it double with my 80 lb 10 y.o.

Much prefer a 4 foot 9 inch Soulcraft Voodoo or similar. Call Jeff he is a Surf board guru.

Learned on P5 skims like the Daniello Diamond or Trident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X