Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use the SWELL Wakesurf Creator Slim yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilyspad4321
    replied
    Any advice on a 2006 x30. We get a large clean wake with the stock ballast and 600lbs in the rear locker surfside with Mission Delta. However the wake curves hard right at about 15ft-17ft back. Moving weight around so far has not done much. Interesting I angled the Mission down the other day and it seems to lengthen the wave but it was late and it could have been my imagination. the 2006 has the multi-level chine so it may just be what it is but I would like to test some things to try to straighten the wake.

Leave a comment:

• bdiesel
    replied
    Originally posted by Jwgredeux View Post
    Just improve overall surf wake. I have an 04 210vrs maristar. We run two rear bags and a v-sac in the bow. Probably around 1200 lbs of ballast and then the BoB gate. Wake is pretty good, about hip high on me (I’m 6’3’’). We run about 10.7 mph and ride a hyperlite automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. Would like to improve wake if possible. I place my shaper just below the rub rail and when fully loaded it is about half way below the water line. This shaper will be completely submerged. From what’s been said in this thread that would have a negative effect? Been ready to pull the trigger on one of these but don’t want to spend the money if it’s not going to make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Jwgredeux
    replied
    Originally posted by SS LS1 View Post
    Not likely going to make a noticeable difference in wake quality from BoB to a Swell. They all do basically the same thing, delayed wave convergence which cleans up the surf side wake face.

What is it you are trying to improve? Wake overall size is still dependant on speed and ballast weight (hull displacement), something a suck gate device cannot help with.

Just improve overall surf wake. I have an 04 210vrs maristar. We run two rear bags and a v-sac in the bow. Probably around 1200 lbs of ballast and then the BoB gate. Wake is pretty good, about hip high on me (I’m 6’3’’). We run about 10.7 mph and ride a hyperlite automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SWELL Wakesurf
    replied
    We ship worldwide M30

Leave a comment:

• SS LS1
    replied
    Ah, so lots of "fat sack" ballast onboard. Yes with that much weight the transom must be buried rather deep, so going faster will raise the boat some likely putting the suck gate device at the optimum water depth. You may try mounting it up higher on the side of the hull with so much ballast and passengers then it will likely work better at the slower speed with a stronger push wave. With less passengers mount it deeper on the hull like you are doing as the transom will be floating higher in the water. Any suck gate will have a washy wave if it is mounted to low below the surface of the water.

Leave a comment:

• alexsims1256
    replied
    We have always ran 10.5 to 10.8 but with all ballast full including plug and play bags and 6 people in the boat the wave was way better just north of 11mph, we were running in 60 to 100 ft of water so that shouldn't be a factor. I plan to play with weight and setup more, i have only owned the swell for one weekend so far.

Leave a comment:

• SS LS1
    replied
    Originally posted by alexsims1256 View Post
    Was able to try out the new Swell Slim over the weekend and was pretty impressed with the results. I forgot to take pictures but was impressed with the wave. It cleaned up the wave and was great on both sides. I had best results with the swell as far back as possible on the boat. I run all stock ballast and then 600's in both back compartments. I found the wave to be best around 11.2 to 11.8 mph. So far i am very pleased. I think it is a little expensive for what it is but can't complain about the performance. i will note that it DOES NOT FLOAT. Make sure you put a good tether on it. If it were to come off the boat it would hover just below the water line where you can't see it and it will slowly make its way to the bottom.
    Glad you had good results with your setup. However 11.2 - 11.8 seems pretty fast for that generation X2 hull. Not to mention how much harder your engine must work and increased gas consumption.

Have you tried lower speeds? Typically it will increase your wake height going below 11 mph on the X2

I'm guessing all your weight is in the rear lockers and the extra speed helps bring your bow down lengthening the wake, but at the cost of wave height. Try putting some weight right below the rear tower legs and bump the speed down .5mph to see how that works.

We typically run 10.5 - 10.8 on our X2 for reference however water depth does also play a factor.

Also the best safety strap I found for securing a suck gate was a 1" wide nylon dog leash as it won't hurt the gel coat and has a quick snap clip on the end for easy hookup and strap removal clipped to the rear rear lifting eye. Plus it is long enough that if the suck gate falls off it trails far enough behind the boat so to not damage your hull or swim platform. Leash that is too short may cause hull damage especially with any metal framed suction cups or levers flopping around until you stop your boat.

Happy Surfing 🏄

Leave a comment:

• M30
    replied
    Sounds great

I would like to buy one too, but it doesn't look like anyone ships to Scandinavia :/

Leave a comment:

• alexsims1256
    replied
    Was able to try out the new Swell Slim over the weekend and was pretty impressed with the results. I forgot to take pictures but was impressed with the wave. It cleaned up the wave and was great on both sides. I had best results with the swell as far back as possible on the boat. I run all stock ballast and then 600's in both back compartments. I found the wave to be best around 11.2 to 11.8 mph. So far i am very pleased. I think it is a little expensive for what it is but can't complain about the performance. i will note that it DOES NOT FLOAT. Make sure you put a good tether on it. If it were to come off the boat it would hover just below the water line where you can't see it and it will slowly make its way to the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Texasxp
    replied
    I just got my swell last week and only had a chance to dry fit it. It fit perfect down low and back and sucked right to the boat with little effort. I've gone through two suck gates, first one I made my self and second was the inland one. Biggest challenge with those two gates were getting it to stick to boat. I had to go to shallow water and get out of boat to push the suction cups hard against the boat to get them to stick. The swell stuck very well with little effort. Water testing wont happen till memorial weekend.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SS LS1
    replied
    Originally posted by Jwgredeux View Post
    I have a BoB as well. Curious if the Swell improves the wake more than a BoB does. Has anyone made the move from BoB to Slim?
    Not likely going to make a noticeable difference in wake quality from BoB to a Swell. They all do basically the same thing, delayed wave convergence which cleans up the surf side wake face.

What is it you are trying to improve? Wake overall size is still dependant on speed and ballast weight (hull displacement), something a suck gate device cannot help with.

Leave a comment:

• Jwgredeux
    replied
    I have a BoB as well. Curious if the Swell improves the wake more than a BoB does. Has anyone made the move from BoB to Slim?

Leave a comment:

• armerjr
    replied
    Send a PM to bet_on_black

You can look up user names to find him under the Members List.

It's in the DIY wakeshaper thread here on TT.

Leave a comment:

• cody530
    replied
    Originally posted by armerjr View Post
    I have the same boat and use the BoB wakeshaper and it works well. The Swell looks nice as it has more cups as I have had mine come loose from time to time. I keep it tied off as mine doesn't float.
    Can you send a link? I googled BoB wakeshaper nothing came up.

Leave a comment:

• armerjr
    replied
    I have the same boat and use the BoB wakeshaper and it works well. The Swell looks nice as it has more cups as I have had mine come loose from time to time. I keep it tied off as mine doesn't float.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X