Swell Wakesurf Slim H3X Plus - My Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swell Wakesurf Slim H3X Plus - My Review

I received my new Swell Wakesurf Creator Slim H3X Plus Wake Shaper a couple weeks ago; it came in a few days from order and was packaged well. This weekend I finally got to try it out. The water was 61 degrees so my old fat butt did not get wet, but I did try the new toy and snapped a few pics shown below:

All pics are taken under the same conditions behind my 2011 X25 with STOCK BALLAST ONLY:

-Little to no wind

-Boat at 10.6 MPH

Angle set to furthest front rotated “down” position to be almost perpendicular to the
    water’s surface at speed, mounted on the starboard side to surf port. I was only able to get it mounted above the lowest channel directly on the X25 Stickers. I think could have mounted it lower if I got in the water.

Over all I was very happy with the performance, I have used other shapers in the past and I feel this one is well built, and provided the best wave all while being light and more compact than others I have used.

Most important: It never came off during the tests and it does float (I tried this first)

Needless to say, I recommend this shaper. Unfortunately the height of the wave did not show up well in the pics.

Wake picks:

First pic is 10.6 MPH, stock ballast, nothing attached

Second pic: Swell Wake attached, pivoted down, not extended, rear ballast only filled

Third pics: Swell Wake attached, pivoted down, extended wave face, rear ballast only filled (best wave)

Forth pic: Swell Wake attached, pivoted down, extended wave face, with all ballast filled including KGB
    Attached Files
    OH-IO!

How'd the strainer work out for you?

Comment

Great testing and write up!

Comment

I was able to install it lower (where it belongs) this weekend. It made a difference.

Wake pic shown was taken with it on the boat as shown and with 600 pound bags on top of stock ballast (thanks David for loaning them to me). I will be on the look out for a set of sacs in the 600 pound range...Anyone got anything???
        Attached Files
        OH-IO!

Comment

Do you have plug and play ballast?

X Star 710 bags from wakemakers fit perfectly in the rear compartments.
          Aric

LONE STAR MASTERBASH 2022
          Register Here

2019 XT22 - Ear Bleeder
          2022 Sea Hunt BX22 CC
          For Sale:
          2020 Crest 240 SLC Tri Toon

Comment

I'll be running mine this weekend at the MasterBash, thanks for the writeup!
            2012 MasterCraft X15 5.7L
            2021 Lone Star Master Bash - June 11-13 - Lake Travis, TX
            Instagram: @lonestarmasterbash

Originally posted by uplandbird
            Floating computer systems designed to come to the brink of intentionally sinking are probably going to have some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bturner2 View Post
              How'd the strainer work out for you?
              Sorry I missed this! The new strainer works great!
              OH-IO!

Comment

Originally posted by MC25 View Post
                Do you have plug and play ballast?

X Star 710 bags from wakemakers fit perfectly in the rear compartments.
                Yes I do have Plug N Play. The XStar bags (720’s) are an option at 40X22x22. The 650’s are a tad smaller at 40x20x20.
                I am not sure how much I will use them, I actually hoping the stock wake is decent. But if someone has something for sale??????
                OH-IO!

Comment

We spent the weekend at the lake and logged some surfing time with the new shaper, it seems to work best mounted as far back as possible. I was able to go rope less (very close to the boat) without any additional ballast; however I have decided to go ahead and add some weight to improve the push and to then be able to fill the KGB to add to the pocket length.
                  I tried to order the 540 bags from Wakemakers today, but unfortunately they are out of stock. I went ahead and ordered 710's, this should help the wake quite a bit.

More to come......
                  OH-IO!

Comment

Are you using the stock wave shapers as well? I have a 2010 X25 and last year I upgrade the stock wave shaper to the Gen 2 system, which was a big improvement! And a lot cheaper than buying a new boat. But I still have problems getting a good wave on the Starboard side (I am goofy foot), Port side is a really good wave. I have extra ballast in the rear, and last year I added ballast under the front seats as well from Wavemakers. All helps, but still not quite good enough on the right side for me. Am hoping I can buy a wake shaper to add that will improve the wave on that side

Comment

Update after a week on the boat: I added the Wakemaker 710’s to the plug n play in the rear compartments (wanted the 540’s but they were backordered).

Port surf set up now: all stock ballast full and 710’s about 80%. Starboard Gen 1 tab fully deployed and center tab 40%. The new Swell as far back as it will mount, pivoted down and extended with a boat speed of 10.6 or 10.8 and we now have a GREAT surf wake!

Very happy with the wave push and length.
                      OH-IO!

Comment

Working...
                      X