Advice on position (kid)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrislandy View Post
    Try "surfing" on a rope tied to the tower, about 30ft long (slalom rope on shortest) to get her used to the handle and being towed rather than pushed, then progress onto longer ropes....
    Been there done that with her cousin behind my brothers boat. Hahaha

She loved it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Making alot of progress. Not her longest or best, but its the one we got on video.

https://youtu.be/r1ooc1dWp0c

Comment

That just made my day. Her progression is amazing and quick.

Comment

Well done, Dad. Her smile says it all.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Thanks all for the pointers. She's lovin' it....

(Spent a few hours working on 360's... told her she's gotta watch B&G's videos a few more times..... hahaha)

Comment

Love seeing the progression! Her energy is easy to see. Keep the updates coming. You should entertain the thought of getting into organized wakesurfing competition. The CWSA community has been very supportive of young surfers like your daughter. Our family has developed some great relationships with some high quality people involved with the sport.
                Find us on Instagram @Bee_Boss_Surf

Brynlee 7yrs, Boston 6yrs
                SoulCraft Team Riders

2020 MC XStar white / Grey (Harley’s)
                2021 MC X22 white/ Kahuna
                2021 MC XStar Red
                2021 MC XT22. Yellow/Silver
                2020 MC XStar Blue
                2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
                2020 MC XStar Red/Black
                2020 MC XT22 Red/black
                2019 MC XStar Blue/White
                2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
                2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Is that her own board? If not, she needs one! She is doing really well!

Comment

Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post
                    Is that her own board? If not, she needs one! She is doing really well!
                    Yeah, she has a P5 Scamp and a H/L Gromcast now, but we will definitely be looking into something faster very soon.

She only finally showed interest in giving it a shot around mid-July, so I figured those would at least last her through this season… but I already want to upgrade ‘em for her…. Hahaha.

Open to suggestions on models and sizes…..

Comment

Board recommendations

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
                      Yeah, she has a P5 Scamp and a H/L Gromcast now, but we will definitely be looking into something faster very soon.

She only finally showed interest in giving it a shot around mid-July, so I figured those would at least last her through this season… but I already want to upgrade ‘em for her…. Hahaha.

Open to suggestions on models and sizes…..

My girls are riding SoulCraft Superflies. I believe they are 3’6”. Lots of great boards out there. First you will need to decide if she will be a skim style or surf style rider. You already have great beginner boards of each style. Which does she prefer? As she progresses in her abilities, she should be able to define what course she wants to pursue. Enjoy the ride Dad, it’s going to provide great times ahead!

SoulCraft Team Riders

2021 MC XStar Red
                      2020 MC XStar Blue
                      2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
                      2020 MC XStar Red/Black
                      2020 MC XT22 Red/black
                      2019 MC XStar Blue/White
                      2017 MC XT21 Black/Green
                      2001 Calabria Pro V White/Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Black ‘n Green View Post
                        My girls are riding SoulCraft Superflies. I believe they are 3’6”. Lots of great boards out there. First you will need to decide if she will be a skim style or surf style rider. You already have great beginner boards of each style. Which does she prefer? As she progresses in her abilities, she should be able to define what course she wants to pursue. Enjoy the ride Dad, it’s going to provide great times ahead!
                        Thanks. You're the second person to recommend that board to me now... might just have to give one a try.

Probably would have pushed it until spring unless she mentioned it (probably will anyway with wait times), because I felt that a bit more time on what she has will be good for building a foundation.... but when she started grabbing the water and "dropping her butt" as she explained it to me (thanking B&G for that lingo) over and over on Sunday trying to spin around, I know she already wants more.... and who am I to hold her back ... I'm lovin' it more than she is... except she's stealing all of my time now.

As for style, that's already becoming obvious. She's used the scamp a few times here and there, but solidly perfers the gromcast.

Comment

Originally posted by 86Skier View Post
                          Thanks. You're the second person to recommend that board to me now... might just have to give one a try.

Probably would have pushed it until spring unless she mentioned it (probably will anyway with wait times), because I felt that a bit more time on what she has will be good for building a foundation.... but when she started grabbing the water and "dropping her butt" as she explained it to me (thanking B&G for that lingo) over and over on Sunday trying to spin around, I know she already wants more.... and who am I to hold her back ... I'm lovin' it more than she is... except she's stealing all of my time now.

As for style, that's already becoming obvious. She's used the scamp a few times here and there, but solidly perfers the gromcast.

Let me know if you want to sell the Scamp. Our 7 yr old neighbor kid is advancing similarly, and our P5 Phantom is a bit big for him. Scamp might be a good fit for next summer

Comment

Originally posted by rbuss4 View Post
                            Let me know if you want to sell the Scamp. Our 7 yr old neighbor kid is advancing similarly, and our P5 Phantom is a bit big for him. Scamp might be a good fit for next summer
                            I'd definitely help ya out if I didn't have a 5 year old right behind her that's also getting very close to gaining the confidence to give it whirl... but for now, I'll probably hang onto it until we see what that one prefers.

Comment

Dad doesn't get any water time now.... hahaha... this kid won't share anymore.

https://youtu.be/icWHvMn0ZIE

Comment

I remember those days. My girls would ride 10-20 minutes before falling. We had to challenge them to move out of their comfort zone or no one else would get a turn. It’s great to see how much she enjoys being on a wave behind the boat! Great job dad!

SoulCraft Team Riders

2021 MC XStar Red
                                2020 MC XStar Blue
                                2020 MC X24. Navy/Silver
                                2020 MC XStar Red/Black
                                2020 MC XT22 Red/black
                                2019 MC XStar Blue/White