$$s for slalom pulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$s for slalom pulls

I wanted to get some opinions about pitching in cash for slalom pulls. If your buddy invites you to ski with him on his boat, how much should you pitch in for gas? How much more if you go 2 or 3 sets?

Do you switch off using each other's boats? Do you help wipe down or just hall tail when finished? Does he need the $$$?
    2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

Atleast $10. Doesn't sound like you and your "buddy" are all that great of friends so you may want to over-contribute ($$ and/or maintenance) to build a stronger relationship.

Comment

No we are good friends, just want opinions on what is fair. I help with the wipedowns, etc, when the boat is pulled out of the water.

Comment

I never ask for gas money. One of my best friends is my usual rider/puller he slips me a 20 about every other outing. I tried in the beginning to decline thinking "if he's not going I'm not going, somebody has to drive the boat if I'm going to get some runs in at 6:30am and I'll be darned if I'm waking the kids and the wife up on a Saturday morning" But he insisted the first time.. So I'm not going to insult him by not taking it.. He must feel compelled to do so..

Anyway give him what you feel it is worth.. 10 bucks per outing sounds fair...

Comment

If it's someone with whom I don't have a regular trading pulls arrangement, I think $25 for a couple of sets or an afternoon on the lake is more than generous if you're helping wipe down, etc. That's between 1/4 and 1/3 a tank of 89 Octane. Often times, if we go to the gas station beforehand, I just pay for the gas and consider myself covered for the next couple of outings in that boat.
            Previous: 1993 Prostar 205

Red 1998 Ski Nautique, PCM GT40, 310 hp, , Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG/Zbox.

FAQ

Be kind. Have fun.

Comment

I usually give my buddy $10/outing at our lake. Not necessarily every time, but more ften then not. He doesn't ask, but at our lake we usually use his boat. He doesn't really like my wake and i don't have perfect pass. I either do that or I buy his dinner when we stop for a burgers and beers after skiing.
              "Gonna buy me a boat...."

Comment

Peeps I take out generally show up the beeeeeeeeeer
                Mike D.
                05- X9
                06- X9

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow X9
                  Peeps I take out generally show up the beeeeeeeeeer
                  If $$$ is not a huge thing to him and he enjoys a couple of beers, bring beer to help with wipe down. If not, $10.
                  2002 Blue Prostar 197, 0 Flex Tower, Perfect Pass, and The Preditor-ADHD Skier

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :

Comment

As said above if you are trading pulls then no need to exchange cash. I personally won't take $$ from people for pulls if I have invited them. If you invited yourself then definitely offer. I would say $10 a set is more than adequate especially if your a good ski buddy and stick around to help wipe down etc.
                    sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

Originally posted by tex
                      If $$$ is not a huge thing to him and he enjoys a couple of beers, bring beer to help with wipe down. If not, $10.

Beers are out on the boat, crown for the wipe down
                      Mike D.
                      05- X9
                      06- X9

Comment

I don't want money when I take anyone out.
                        Prior boats - (3) X14's, (3) Prostars, and a Tristar.

Comment

We trade off boats depending on time. My boat is at the house and his is at a dock on the lake. If I see we are using his more, I usually pick up the tab at dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by lanier92prostar
                            We trade off boats depending on time. My boat is at the house and his is at a dock on the lake. If I see we are using his more, I usually pick up the tab at dinner.
                            Same situation here - my boat is at home and he's on the lake. When we're not taking turns with our boats, I'll bring 10 gallons of gas when I come over. Bringing gas is better than cash if the guy keeps his boat at the dock. It's not easy keep those boats filled up -- 5 gallons at a time.
                            / \

Former boats:
                            2003 Prostar 197 35th Anniversary
                            1990 Prostar 190

Comment

Originally posted by shepherd
                              Same situation here - my boat is at home and he's on the lake. When we're not taking turns with our boats, I'll bring 10 gallons of gas when I come over. Bringing gas is better than cash if the guy keeps his boat at the dock. It's not easy keep those boats filled up -- 5 gallons at a time.
                              Great point. Agreed.

My 94 205 burns about 3.5 gallons per engine hour course skiing. I am not sure how long a ski set is, but I expect about half of an hour. That is a little over $5 for fuel. Of course, then you add insurance, lift rent, taxes, depreciation (not for Mastercrafts ) maintenance, etc. Depending on usage, for me the other stuff could be over $10 per hour. But most of this stuff is related to fixed costs, so I tend to focus on the fuel. So, in my boat, you pay $5 to play, whether you are my brother or my best friend. You may or may not be walking when you leave...same price. Part of my cheapness relates to what others posted about how great it is having someone to pull you at 7AM.
                              Life is fragile; Pray hard (click for prayer requests)

"Magna opera Domini exquisita in omnes voluntates ejus" - James Clerk Maxwell, physics pioneer, 1874

Comment

Working...
                              X