Radar Senate Binding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar Senate Binding issue

Click image for larger version  Name:	28A08D48-2062-4794-9A0E-FD7F2C986EDF.jpg Views:	0 Size:	467.9 KB ID:	2708038
    I purchased a new Radar Senate with BOA bindings and the pull cord locks both broke after the first and second runs. The little button that allows the cord to unlock or loosen popped out. Anyone have this issue?
    99 MariStar 230 Sport LTR 330

Bummer, have not had this specifically happen but I’ve repaired other binding issues using Radar’s lace lock kit that is generally available for $19.99. Should include the piece you need plus new laces and end clip.

https://waterskis.com/radar-lace-loc...yABEgLvUfD_BwE

Comment

Call Radar, they will likely send you new ones. When I've had issue with small parts like this, they've always just sent what I needed.
      -----------------------------------
      Mastercraft ProStar 2019 5.7L - Current
      Mastercraft X25 2014 6.2L - Current
      Nautique 200 OB 2012 5.7L - Current

Comment

I've had this happen on a few of the radar boots. I just keep an extra set for repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by jpwhit View Post
          Call Radar, they will likely send you new ones. When I've had issue with small parts like this, they've always just sent what I needed.
          They will but they prefer you contact the shop that sold it for replacement parts if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironhorse View Post
            I've had this happen on a few of the radar boots. I just keep an extra set for repairs.
            I also keep some extra in the boat as well.

http://sgtknots.com/products/wheeled...yABEgJ7AvD_BwE

09 214 Prostar with MCX

Comment

Radar is sending replacements via Bart's. Had to contact Bart's first then they sent me to Radar. Bart's said they would send replacements not exactly sure what if it is just the button or complete set of laces.

Comment

Just had the same thing happen on my boot. First run...same piece. Purchased from Bart's so I'll follow suit and give them a call.
                Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                  Just had the same thing happen on my boot. First run...same piece. Purchased from Bart's so I'll follow suit and give them a call.
                  Do contact barts - but meanwhile go ahead and fill in this form. Boa will send you a free parts kit.

https://store.boafit.com/en-us/warranty

Comment

Perfect! Thank you
                    Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

Just got the replacement locks from Bart’s. We will see how they do. I have an idea for an improvement if they fail again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0DE3FE6B-C74E-462A-B674-7BB2D568E8AF.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	2709029

Comment

Zip tie so it doesn't break again? Waiting for mine to come in the mail...
                        Hello, my name Ryan!

Comment

No the zip ties were a quick fix so I didn’t loose the little gear thing. I am thinking drilling through the other side similar to the front and installing a nylon screw with a nut holding it together. Then melting the threads past the nut to prevent it from coming apart.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	99B30C1A-22DC-4758-813C-3F23DA02A897.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	2709129
                          Last edited by mtajpa; 07-10-2022, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X