My Goode is delam'ing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Goode is delam'ing?

I think my Goode 9800 is delaming... If it's not a delam, it's doing something I don't like. At 3 years old, it's out of warranty.

Any ideas what is going on, and what I can do to make it better?

thx - jimmer

If one day you're asked:
    " How did you spend your time here on Earth?"
    Will you say:
    "I kept a crabgrass free lawn"
    It's time to SKI.

No ideas on what you can do, but I have a kick *** O'brien Mapple reasonably priced............no problems with it

Comment

Thanks Mag. Sorry to hear about your yard sale. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out if I should continue to ski on this ski. I absolutely LOVE it.

Unfortunately, I'm just not feeling the love from Goode's customer service.
      If one day you're asked:
      Will you say:
      It's time to SKI.

Comment

Bump... Please
        If one day you're asked:
        Will you say:
        It's time to SKI.

Comment

To me, that looks more like chips from getting bumped against something hard than delaminating.
          Bailey
          '02 X-9
          Lake Blue Ridge

Comment

You are going to get nothing from Goode for several reasons. It is 'old' (for the life of me I still can't believe a year old ski is considered old). Plus, you drilled into it to mount the bindings, that voided the warranty right there.

I am on the fence looking at that. It looks like the chunks missing came from right where the water breaks on the ski. So it would appear that the spray has essentially blown pieces of carbon off the ski. If it is that weak in those areas how weak is the carbon in the surrounding areas, what about the rest of the ski?

How is the flex? Is the top of the ski separating from the bottom?

If everything else seems normal I would probably JB Weld that and ski for a bit more on it while I applied for the loan you need to get a decent new slalom ski.
            94 Prostar 190, LT-1, Powerslot [SOLD]

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the good info Craig.

I'll take a look at it tonight to see if I can see it separating at all when flexed.

As far as being bumped - trust me - nothing has EVER bumped against my ski. It is never in it's bag, because the $250.00 Goode ski bag is a piece of [email protected], but it is also pampered.

A new ski is out of the question. I was planning on getting 10 years out of this one. Only 7 to go So - now for the next quesiton. What should I apply to that area? I'm guessing I need something very durable, yet flexible. Is that answer JBweld, or something else?
              If one day you're asked:
              Will you say:
              It's time to SKI.

Comment

Man, i would not worry about it. It just looks like some minor chips. Wear and tear......ski on and just keep an eye on it....
                sigpic
                04 197 TT LQ9 stargazer w/Z-Box
                Tournament PB 1/4 buoy @ 35 off
                Previous...
                96 Prostar 205 Lt1
                93 Prostar 205 HO
                81 Leaves and stripes(Can. edition)

Comment

It just looks like surface chips to me.

I have the same ski but have heard about the customer service from Goode...basically non-existent. Can you see any "carbon fiber" in there? To me, the top laminate is just an imprint of a carbon fiber design but not the actual carbon fiber. The actual carbon fiber may be located within the ski a little deeper.

When I first saw my ski, I thought the top part of the ski was "real carbon fiber" but after seeing it in person, it looks more like a laminated picture of "carbon fiber".

You might just call Goode and ask if you should be concerned or not. I wouldn't expect any repair or replacement from them but something to give you assurance that the ski integrity is still OK.
                  Last edited by Ski-me; 07-12-2010, 12:13 PM.
                  - Jeff

1994 205, LT1

Comment

Working...
                  X