"New" HO Monza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "New" HO Monza

Picked up a used HO Monza on Craigslist last week for $150. First ski on it was yesterday morning. I was a little nervous about the ski, based on some of the feedback I read about it, but those fears were put to rest after one pass. Best session in a couple years....only wish I had access to a course!!

Man, what a difference from the somewhat crappy Connelly F3 that I've been using the last year or so. That ski felt heavy and sluggish. The Monza feels so much better under me. Few years ago, I used a D3 Z7ST for a season and really liked that. The Monza reminds me of how that ski felt.

Can't wait to get back on the water!!!

Great ski!

Originally posted by SkiDaddy View Post
    Picked up a used HO Monza on Craigslist last week for $150. First ski on it was yesterday morning. I was a little nervous about the ski, based on some of the feedback I read about it, but those fears were put to rest after one pass. Best session in a couple years....only wish I had access to a course!!

Man, what a difference from the somewhat crappy Connelly F3 that I've been using the last year or so. That ski felt heavy and sluggish. The Monza feels so much better under me. Few years ago, I used a D3 Z7ST for a season and really liked that. The Monza reminds me of how that ski felt.

Can't wait to get back on the water!!!
    If you like the Monza you'll want to be on the lookout for a good used Radar RS1 in the future. There are a lot of good deals on those and in my opinion is a notch higher than the Monza. They also ski a lot the same and it won't be a huge transition from one to the next. Congrats on the new ski and enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by h2oskiluvr View Post
      If you like the Monza you'll want to be on the lookout for a good used Radar RS1 in the future. There are a lot of good deals on those and in my opinion is a notch higher than the Monza. They also ski a lot the same and it won't be a huge transition from one to the next. Congrats on the new ski and enjoy!
      I am in the process of moving out of my 2007 Monza that I have skied the fire out of. Was thinking of going HO again, but a friend suggested a Radar as well. How in your opinion does the new Radar compare with the S1 A2 stuff? I like the Animal boots as they have been bullet proof. Really don't know about Radar boots? Any feedback on the Radar boots as well. Not a shell guy, so no need to moment on those.
      "One foot in the grave, one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel" Petty

Comment

Last edited by waterlogged882; 09-18-2015, 06:33 PM.
        93 190
        (safe click)

Comment

I went through a few skis in a row looking for the "right" one. Bought a Connelly Concept F3 and F1. Didn't like either of them at all. Sold and bought a Monza and a NOS. Loved both of them first pull. Sold the Monza as I really couldn't run the course at 36 mph yet.

Been a few years and a couple of ski schools, still can run the course at 36 yet, but I am having a lot more success at 30 and 32 mph.
          1997 PS 205

Comment

I've been on the first year Monza (2005 I think) since it was new and love the ski. Its starting to show its age though it has hundreds of passes on it. I really like the newer Radars. Will probably pick up a slightly used Strada/Vapor at the end of the season.
            sigpic

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Comment

Originally posted by Cloaked View Post
              HO (Herb O'Brien) and the Radar brand are designed and engineered by one in the same: Herb O'Brien. My guess is they are similar in performance within comparable lines of performance.

How does that story go?

Started O'Brien left that company. Got sued so he could not use his name and started HO. Left HO and started Radar?
              -Tim

Making boomers great again!! Boomin'

Comment

Working...
              X