First kiddo on Slalom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First kiddo on Slalom

My 11 year old girl has always been kinda a natural with the water-sports, she's always the first one in the water and the last one out. That goes for the day as well as the year....

So I talked her into dropping a ski a couple weeks ago, she dropped it stayed up and slalomed for several miles. Kinda hard to call it beginners luck as she was also going outside the wake, her smile says it all.

A couple drops and a few days later I talked her into a deep water start, unlike the wakeboard a couple years ago she didn't get up on the first try. Third try and we were both celebrating...now she doesn't even get her hair wet on the first try.

That's awesome! Teaching kids to slalom is one of my favorite things to do. The look on her face is the reason we buy these boats.
    '96 ProStar 205 SD LT-1

Comment

Originally posted by crabandy View Post
      My 11 year old girl has always been kinda a natural with the water-sports,
      Time to get her training for a GR or Class C event!
      The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

I’ll have to check into the events!

Comment

Originally posted by crabandy View Post
          I’ll have to check into the events!

Here ya go... A bit late for 2018... Season is close to complete... 1 month to go

7/13-14/19 Kansas State Championships Wichita, KS

7/26-28 Mastercraft Midwest Regional Championships Maize, KS

8/17/19 Spraylake Pick And Choose Wichita, KS

8/18/19 Mystic Lakes Pick and Choose Maize, KS
          The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

Nice - slalom skiing rocks and love seeing the kids of this generation get into it.

Comment

Originally posted by slalomjunkie View Post
              Here ya go... A bit late for 2018... Season is close to complete... 1 month to go

7/13-14/19 Kansas State Championships Wichita, KS

7/26-28 Mastercraft Midwest Regional Championships Maize, KS

8/17/19 Spraylake Pick And Choose Wichita, KS

8/18/19 Mystic Lakes Pick and Choose Maize, KS
              I found the schedule/locations. Funny coincidence as I grew up in the Wichita area, I was on a framing crew that built one of the houses on Spray Lake circa 2000/2001.

I still need to read the rules and see if GR or C better suits us and how it works, maybe we can practice up for one of the August dates.

Comment

Love it!

Comment

Working...
                X