Mastercraft X55 for water ski ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastercraft X55 for water ski ?

Hi everybody ! I am about to buy a mastercraft X55 for family use, wake boarding and water skiing. I winder if anyone has experienced this model X55 for water ski. Thanks

Originally posted by Salim View Post
    Hi everybody ! I am about to buy a mastercraft X55 for family use, wake boarding and water skiing. I winder if anyone has experienced this model X55 for water ski. Thanks
    I would not ski behind any MC with an X in the model, but that's just my opinion.
    The sea, once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net of wonder forever - Jacques Cousteau

Comment

I hope you're keeping the Riviera. Nice boat. The X55 throws a huge wake and is slow out of the hole, so not great for slalom. If you're pulling someone on two skis for fun it's probably OK. No slalom skier would consider it.

Comment

If you’re thinking skiing, I would keep looking. You’d want more of a crossover like the XT line.

Comment

What about a MC X2 for water skiing ?

Hi everybody, does anyone know if a MC X2 is suitable for water skiing ? What comparison can we make between a MC X2 and a MC X55 ? Thanks for your answer.

Comment

X14s are great

Comment

Originally posted by Salim View Post
              Hi everybody, does anyone know if a MC X2 is suitable for water skiing ? What comparison can we make between a MC X2 and a MC X55 ? Thanks for your answer.
              Those boats are quite different in size. X55 is a little over 25', X2 is 20'.

Comment

Used to ski behind the 2001 Xstar, which was renamed X2 later. It was not bad at all, considering it was a great wakeboard boat. So for recreational skiing it will be perfect and even for long-line course practice it will work as well.
                When we got the newer Xstar (2006), skiing was not much fun; big and hard wake even at 36mph.
                ecelis
                TT Enthusiast
                Last edited by ecelis; 05-31-2020, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Late to the conversation, but I Slalom behind our X55. It has the 522hp and rips me almost off the ski if my wife hammers it. I actually have her go about 3/4 throttle. Cross the wave is interesting, but I am not trying to run a pro course and so it is fun as long as you are not trying to do any competitive Slalom skiing.

Comment

Working...
                  X